Cam Newton's Return

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
... means no SB victory for the Cowboys in the Dak/Zeke/Amari era. Belichick just checkmated the rest of the NFL with a guy that was voted the best player on the planet not that long ago. A healthy Cam Newton that is resolute to stay in the pocket yet mobile enough to still get the ball out when the pocket breaks down will dominate all. What say you?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cam Newton got run out of Carolina. They know who he is. He is 31 years old and hasn't had a good season since 2015. 2015 was really his only great season. I trust the Pats will make him look good but no way they are winning a SB with Cam Newton at QB.

Creeper

Reaction score
I like Cam Newton as a player but he needs to stay healthy. He has some talent but he doesn't scare me with the Patriots or any other team. Will he even start for the Pats?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
... means no SB victory for the Cowboys in the Dak/Zeke/Amari era. Belichick just checkmated the rest of the NFL with a guy that was voted the best player on the planet not that long ago. A healthy Cam Newton that is resolute to stay in the pocket yet mobile enough to still get the ball out when the pocket breaks down will dominate all. What say you?

Newton is mainly hit and miss. He's had only two seasons out of nine with a ratting above 89. One of those seasons was just in 2018, though, so maybe Belichick can get the most out of him.

I'm not concerned about the Patriots, though, because before we can lose to them in the Super Bowl, we have to get there ... and we haven't done that since the 1995 season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So here is a question. And not just for posters on here, but for all fans around the country and world.

How many said during last year or two, and especially this off season. Cam is done, he has regressed the last few years. Do not bring Cam here.
However there were those that said sign him. But was that because they wanted Dak out more so than have a good QB.

Anyway, how many of these same fans are now flip flopping saying Cam to NE will be great, they are now SB contenders again.
You know, kind like if Jerry signed him, Jerry is stupid, but since Bill signed him, Bill is still a genius.

For me, I have no idea what to expect, as we know, it will depend on his health, and his attitude. But I don't think he will be handed the starting QB role.
Maybe he is just a stop gap, see what happens player, until next year. But it does show they do not want to tank to draft Lawrence. As Cam can win some games for them. He has not lost all his ability. But he does need a surrounding team.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would say it means no super bowl for the Pats!!!!!

It's been 5 years since Cam was good. 5 years is forever in the NFL, so I'd say that the "not that long ago" assertion is incorrect.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
If Cam stays healthy, he's a terrific acquisition for the Patriots. As it is, he's an excellent calculated risk for a one-year contract. What that one-year deal has to do with the "Dak/Zeke/Amari era," I have no idea.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Cam stays healthy, he's a terrific acquisition for the Patriots. As it is, he's an excellent calculated risk for a one-year contract. What that one-year deal has to do with the "Dak/Zeke/Amari era," I have no idea.
Stidham will beat him out.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
KC is gonna own the AFC for the foreseeable future. The Patriots are a mess and the Ravens are overrated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In the same league, competing for the same Lombardi trophy. You don't get the connection because you must not see the Cowboys having a shot at the Lombardi.

robjay04

Reaction score

Cam has been the worst starting QB in the league over the last two years. There’s a reason he was on the market so long.

When mobile QB’s legs fail them as they age...their career is over unless they take the steps to improve as a pocket passer. Cam Newton is not Cam Newton unless he can run and he’s too fragile for that and his decision making has been horrid trying to compensate for his new limitations.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Are you done now on listening to your dullard ramblings? The Pats Dynasty is not over and the Cowboys' next Dynasty has not even started.