Can anyone say this about Garrett

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
In my career playing football, nobody asked me to do as much as a COACH did. I might be 3-technique, or a linebacker, or a linebacker dropping into coverage more than ever, or playing inside more than ever. I'll always remember how much I learned watching COACH in practice. He can coach any position as good as any position coach in league. He can walk around the field and stop drills and coach each position-at the highest level.

cern

Reaction score
In my career playing football, nobody asked me to do as much as a COACH did. I might be 3-technique, or a linebacker, or a linebacker dropping into coverage more than ever, or playing inside more than ever. I'll always remember how much I learned watching COACH in practice. He can coach any position as good as any position coach in league. He can walk around the field and stop drills and coach each position-at the highest level.
What happened in 2015.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Chris Long on Bellichik: “In New England, I learned so much about football. I always thought I was a smart player, even though I never thought about anything but the six inches in front of my face. In New England, I was forced to learn so many schematic concepts. In my career playing football, nobody asked me to do as much as Bill Belichick did. I might be 3-technique, or a linebacker, or a linebacker dropping into coverage more than ever, or playing inside more than ever. I’ll always remember how much I learned watching Bill in practice. He can coach any position as good as any position coach in league. He can walk around the field and stop drills and coach each position—at the highest level. And the quality of the dudes. Solid men. The right kind of people.

Dre11

Reaction score

Can anyone say that about 31 other coaches? Goodness gracious

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one has confused Garrett for Bellicheat.....as a matter of fact no one confuses any coach with Bellicheat. Doug Peterson has a Super Bow ring. Bellicheat isn’t the standard or the bar.

Dre11

Reaction score

What do you know it has been said about Garrett...lol

Jason Garrett on course to becoming Dallas Cowboy coaching great

Garrett's quest in making history
August 4, 2015 at 12:16 AM CDT - Updated July 25 at 6:49 AM
OXNARD, CA (KLTV) - Jason Garrett picked up his first playoff win as the Dallas Cowboys head coach last season and was rewarded with a new five-year, $30 million contract.

Despite Garret going through three 8-8 seasons, he's closing in on some of the greats who have coached the Cowboys. Garrett doesn't have a Super Bowl Title to his name yet, but with the four more wins the former Dallas quarterback will pass Jimmy Johnson for all-time wins in Cowboys history and will only tail Tom Landry.

"It's a privilege, not a right, to play or work for the Dallas Cowboys and I certainly believe in that probably more than anybody else," said Garrett. "I understand the opportunity I have. Since I was six, seven, eight-years-old, I wanted to be a professional football player. I wanted to be a part of this environment. To have that opportunity I think is special."

Whether it's a rookie like Randy Gregory or a six-year veteran like Dez Bryant, Garrett has complete respect from all of his players.

"Whenever Coach Garrett tells me something, it's always legit. He's not fooling around with anybody," said Bryant. "All you can do is respect him, do exactly what he asks and at least try to do the best that he asks."

"Coach Garrett's all about challenging us and I understand that now after being around him so much," said Gregory. "I really do appreciate him for it."

When Garrett leads the Cowboys on the field in Week 10 against Tampa Bay, only Landry will have coached more games in the history of the franchise.

Garrett's ability to relate to different personalities on the team makes him special in the veteran's eyes.

"He can coach any position at this point. Not everybody can do that. I think he has a way of communicating with people and there's a reason he's been here so long. He's the best coach," said Tony Romo. "Each evening when we go back and look at practice. He shows the good, the bad and everything in between. His ability to reach every position and every group on the team I think sets the standard for our football team"

Copyright KLTV 2015. All rights reserved

Little Jr

Reaction score
Chris Long on Bellichik: “In New England, I learned so much about football. I always thought I was a smart player, even though I never thought about anything but the six inches in front of my face. In New England, I was forced to learn so many schematic concepts. In my career playing football, nobody asked me to do as much as Bill Belichick did. I might be 3-technique, or a linebacker, or a linebacker dropping into coverage more than ever, or playing inside more than ever. I’ll always remember how much I learned watching Bill in practice. He can coach any position as good as any position coach in league. He can walk around the field and stop drills and coach each position—at the highest level. And the quality of the dudes. Solid men. The right kind of people.
One day fans from the other 31 teams will realize their team aren't the patriots. They can hope that their teams will set the bar to the patriots but realize they aren't going to hit that bar. Just hope they can come close.

The past 18 years they have been the most dominating franchise in NFL history and they're doing it in an era that isn't set up for that type of domination, which makes it that more impressive. Great owner, FO, HC and QB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
"He can coach any position at this point. Not everybody can do that. I think he has a way of communicating with people and there's a reason he's been here so long. He's the best coach," said Tony Romo. "Each evening when we go back and look at practice. He shows the good, the bad and everything in between. His ability to reach every position and every group on the team I think sets the standard for our football team"

To this fan, that quote from Tony Romo should open the eyes of many a fan...unless a front row burn barrel buddy.

Haimerej

Reaction score

To this fan, that quote from Tony Romo should open the eyes of many a fan...unless a front row burn barrel buddy.

Tony apparently hasn't been to this forum.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If Garrett was such a good coach Mr. Romo why were you implementing game plans during the week? Without your game planning (13-3) this talented team of ours struggles to keep its head above water.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I don't think anyone here has ever been COACHED by Jason Garrett so we're talking about a lot of assumptions.

Big_D

Reaction score
Bellichick had a legit resume from a legit coaching tree long before becoming a HC. That's what seems to get lost in this conversation because real experience means nothing here. At no point in time can you say any of those things about Garrett.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

My baseball coach was that way I could play all 9 positions and knew on every play where I was supposed to be as a backup for missed throws or the 1st or 2nd cut off man. Not anymore but ya.

Dre11

Reaction score
If Garrett was such a good coach Mr. Romo why were you implementing game plans during the week? Without your game planning (13-3) this talented team of ours struggles to keep its head above water.

Because you were fed some bs I bet Tony was involved in the game plan just like any other quarterback in the league is he didn't put it in by himself