Can bijan last longer than zeke?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I’ll start off by saying I think Zekes still a very good back. He lost a little burst because he chose to be physical even when he didn’t always have to. He lowered his shoulder instead of trying to June at times. My question is, does bijan have more lateral quickness than prime zeke? He can avoid more hits? The speed is about even. Zeke was bigger. If bijan chooses to take a fees less hits than zeke and maybe take a few more to the house, he can stay in his prime longer the way a Peterson did.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t a very good back anymore. But once they start getting hit by NFL linemen as much as Zeke did you never know.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ll start off by saying I think Zekes still a very good back. He lost a little burst because he chose to be physical even when he didn’t always have to. He lowered his shoulder instead of trying to June at times. My question is, does bijan have more lateral quickness than prime zeke? He can avoid more hits? The speed is about even. Zeke was bigger. If bijan chooses to take a fees less hits than zeke and maybe take a few more to the house, he can stay in his prime longer the way a Peterson did.
I don’t think Zeke ever put in the time to keep physically ready to be an NFL RB. Who knows how Bijan will be.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You know...hate to sound cliche, but Zeke didn't last longer because he didn't have the same commitment of say a Derrick Henry.

Similar career numbers but one guy is still really good and the other is done

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to that question but in 4 years we would know if he's worthy of a new contract or time to move on.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t a very good back anymore. But once they start getting hit by NFL linemen as much as Zeke did you never know.
But zeke chose to take hits in his prime. He liked being physical.Peterson was just as physical. He just made guys miss more which lead to more long runs abd less hits. That’s why he was still good at 29 abd 30. He still had speed j. His 30s.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
If bijan jukes a few more guys abd take it to the house, he won’t get hit nearly as much.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
You know...hate to sound cliche, but Zeke didn't last longer because he didn't have the same commitment of say a Derrick Henry.

One guy had a better line after two years. The. Others line declined I. Top of Henry having Murray fir two years.

T-RO

Reaction score

Derrick Henry is a unicorn in numerous ways, and one is his longevity. Even he's nearing termination now.

All the data in the world shows backs usually start falling off after their third season. I'm not a Zeke fan, but his fading trajectory is in fact quite typical.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke lasted fairly long, much longer than most RBs with his running style would. Of course, the fact that Jerry and Son were largely fans of his likely had something to do with that fact. It's difficult to predict how long any RB might last, due to the fact that luck plays a strong role in that question. The best way to tell for sure is to wait and see what happens in the long run. It's no secret that it only takes one hard hit to decide the length of many RBs careers. Every single one is unique in terms of how well they're able to withstand punishment or be decimated, instead.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Bulked up after his rookie season, heavy workload from college to the NFL, partying heavily in the offseason, and just the natural decline of nearly every RB in the league. Zeke probably could have had 2-3 more solid years if he put in more work in the offseason.

J817

Reaction score
Not a fan of taking a RB in round 1, but to attempt to answer your question, I think the Cowboys realize that the days of having a single RB run the show alone is not sustainable. Especially with the 17 game season. If they do draft Bijan he will play along side Pollard year 1. I would suspect they would then find another running mate the next off season. So yes, in theory he can last longer than Zeke I think. Bijan should never be asked to run the show alone like Zeke did for five years of his career.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
What does it matter how long he lasts. If he's there and we can have him for 4/5 years and he helps us get to a SB, let alone win one, it's totally worth it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Derrick Henry is a unicorn in numerous ways, and one is his longevity. Even he's nearing termination now.

All the data in the world shows backs usually start falling off after their third season. I'm not a Zeke fan, but his fading trajectory is in fact quite typical.
If we go by raw numbers, it would look like he fell off in 2020. The issue here is, Zeke was showing signs of fading all the way back in 2018 when he couldn't hit the second level anymore. Zeke really was a flash in the pan - great 2016 season and a season cut short in 2017, and 2018 he just wasn't the same back despite the heavy work load.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So much talk about Bijan..such a slim chance we even draft him.
I will say this, Robinson combine numbers were not Chris Johnson or Saquan levels. He ran similar to Zeke and the former Cowboy had him by 15lbs. I actually think Gibbs actually out performed him as well. If the class overall was a little stronger, I think Robinson would have fallen to the 20s.