Can Dak carry this team and his contract,

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well..

Unfortunately for Dak..

his contemporaries can carry their teams more often than not..

Ryan in Atlanta, Mahomes in KC, QBs in Minnesota and Baltimore, Arizona and Tennessee see what you are doing.

Dak was much better early on before teams had scouted him.

Then he slowly produced less the more he played.

Now we find ourselves comparing Dak all over the place as to where he is in the pecking order.

Is he 3rd or 8th or 15th?

It all depends on who he has to compete against.

What Dak wants to convince us of is that there is no competition, he bets on himself.

And in his mind that is enough to pay him more than any player in the sport.

I do not think everybody agrees. Not if they care about the team.

:rolleyes:

Dak is going to blow this. He is betting on the pressure to win to score his contract and personal goals.

I have no issue other than please go do this somewhere else.

For the money you want, we could easily have had Brady, the best in history.

Next year, we could have Rodgers for Daks money. Perhaps Brett Farve will unretire for the 4th time? Or somebody else that may change uniforms. Andy Dalton may have won the lotto coming to Dallas.

He is next up in the dogfight. And we need to see you fight for your money. So far in your career, you have gotten named as the starter becuz other QBs were injured.

You then got your chance.

But I think this is now different.

It's a business Dak. You have created your own market, but it might eat you alive, brother.

Good luck.

:omg:

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well..

Unfortunately for Dak..

his contemporaries can carry their teams more often than not..

Ryan in Atlanta, Mahomes in KC, QBs in Minnesota and Baltimore.

Dak was much better early on before teams had scouted him.

Then he slowly produced less the more he played.

Now we find ourselves comparing Dak all over the place as to where he is in the pecking order.

Is he 3rd or 8th or 15th?

It all depends on who he has to compete against.

What Dak wants to convince us of is that there is no competition, he bets on himself.

And in his mind that is enough to pay him more than any player in the sport.

I do not think everybody agrees. Not if they care about the team.

:rolleyes:

Dak is going to blow this. He is betting on the pressure to win to score his contract and personal goals.

I have no issue other than please go do this somewhere else.

For the money you want, we could easily have had Brady, the best in history.

Next year, we could have Rodgers for Daks money. Perhaps Brett Farve will unretire for the 4th time? Or somebody else that may change uniforms. Andy Dalton may have won the lotto coming to Dallas.

He is next up in the dogfight. And we need to see you fight for your money. So far in your career, you have gotten named as the starter becuz other QBs were injured.

You then got your chance.

But I think this is now different.

It's a business Dak. You have created your own market, but it might eat you alive, brother.

Good luck.

:omg:

Mr. Redball, my friend, you've made some good points here in many instances, imho. My reservations, however, are such that we can't assume Dak is wholeheartedly intent upon getting that $40 mil contract that he and his agent see fit to mention. I've seen enough bargaining sessions to think it's a bargaining chip to induce the Dallas FO to offer more than they appear intent upon giving. The FO already upped the ante to $35 mil and holding.

The upcoming season should prove to be one that tests Dak's ability to perform as well as someone ready and able to merit the big dough he professes to seek. I think there's a pretty good chance he'll end up performing for the franchise tag that he's entitled to. Beyond that is a mystery that's yet to be put to task. I'm expecting an intriguing season to be in store, assuming there even is one. I'll betcha we both can't wait to see what comes of it. ;)

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was a much more effective quarterback when we moved him around and didn't try to make him a pocket passer.

He is not.
He will thrive this year If he is allowed to move and use his entire skill set.
Coaching will carry this team.
As it should be.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Mr. Redball, my friend, you've made some good points here in many instances, imho. My reservations, however, are such that we can't assume Dak is wholeheartedly intent upon getting that $40 mil contract that he and his agent see fit to mention. I've seen enough bargaining sessions to think it's a bargaining chip to induce the Dallas FO to offer more than they appear intent upon giving. We've already upped the ante to $35 mil and holding.

The upcoming season should prove to be one that tests Dak's ability to perform as well as someone ready and able to merit the big dough he professes to seek. I think there's a pretty good chance he'll end up performing for the franchise tag that he's entitled to. Beyond that is a mystery that's yet to be put to task. I'm expecting an intriguing season to be in store, assuming there even is one. I'll betcha we both can't wait to see what comes of it. ;)
I saw your comment liking the thread.

I was waiting for your well crafted answer. You are up too late..but who can sleep in these days and times.

Yeah that last line about even having the games is the heart of the dance really.

You be good, bro.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I saw your comment liking the thread.

I was waiting for your well crafted answer. You are up too late..but who can sleep in these days and times.

Yeah that last line about even having the games is the heart of the dance really.

You be good, bro.

You're right, sir . . . it's past my bedtime -- gonna hit the sack now for some shut-eye! :)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak was a much more effective quarterback when we moved him around and didn't try to make him a pocket passer.

He is not.
He will thrive this year If he is allowed to move and use his entire skill set.
Coaching will carry this team.
As it should be.
Seconded.

When Garrett took over Dak and changed his reads, progression and footwork all at once..

Dak became mechanical and much less effective.

And despite his big stats mostly accumulated in losing games or weak competition..

I agree that is not Dak's real signature. Big Mike is going to have to step in at some point and jack Dak up directly.

Moore is not the answer. He is too much schooled by Linehan to make things work IMO.

The longer it takes for Big Mike to admit Moore is the wrong choice, the worst our chances of reaching any potential with this new staff.

JMO.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore is from the old school of QBing. STAY IN THE POCKET. If you leave the pocket you're career is over!!
A pin point strong armed QB can live in the pocket .
I say again, that's not Dak.

Dak is cagey, good enough accuracy, and most importantly the gift of being deadly accurate on the move.
HELLO MIke :thumbup: