Can Dallas wait to draft a WR?

Jkyle

Reaction score
Listening to the Draft show on DC.com, the depth at WR is much larger than the depth of quality LB's and 4-3 Dline players.
Therefore, it will be interesting to see if Dallas feels the need to select one of the Defense players first and focus on WR later.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I could see them getting their LB at 19...WR at 50.

but if they are trading that 50th pick...that WR you like wont be there in the 3rd so they take him at 19.

Im fine with Ridley,Sutton or Moore at 19.
not like its not a need.

Jipper

Reaction score
Not trying to be ugly, but what real value does a wide receiver have when Dak is your quarterback? That's not his thing.

I don't think Antonio Brown could catch 90 balls here.
??? Huh "That's not his thing"? What throwing the ball? He is a qb after all and as much as you hate to admit it has had a pretty fantastic 1st 2 years in the NFL compared to other rookie qbs....he struggled through half the year last year and some of you are acting like he's Quincy Carter part deux....give it a rest

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I rather draft a Speed RB and Ground and pound. Our strength is the Oline and Zeke.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I dont know the value LB’s are given within the FO for this draft such as player vs draft position. I want to assume they will have their guys in the 3rd or so rounds just thinking about last year and how we drafted CB’s.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the FO of the Cowboys or any other team should fall into the trap of having a pre-conceived idea of what they'll do before the process even gets underway. Smart teams wait to see what talent is left to pick from before deciding to go one way or the other. Dallas had a need at the WR position but the LB situation is surely at least equally needy.

Nevertheless, decisions are made by committee before the ultimate selection is ready to be finalized. If a superior talent comes available at the same time that a desperate need does, the superior talent sometimes takes justifiable precedence. Everything depends upon the positive benefits that both players have to offer in both the short and long term analysis.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rather draft a Speed RB and Ground and pound. Our strength is the Oline and Zeke.
With Dak at QB draft OFF-LINEMAN and correctly stated another HB.
Big D has a passing game that is basically our biggest liability!
WR are worthless here!

cern

Reaction score
They are vetting, vetting, vetting wr's. But it depends on who's there at #19. The needs at wr and lb are glaring. One spot needs to be filled with an immediate starter.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
With Dak at QB draft OFF-LINEMAN and correctly stated another HB.
Big D has a passing game that is basically our biggest liability!
WR are worthless here!
The offense is “Zeke friendly” more than “Dak Friendly” according to last season. If Dak is asking for something in particular such as O line or WR at this point since they stated they wanted a more “Dak friendly” offense he will more than likely get it.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I really like the cowboys to draft Anthony Miller at WR. I can't really pin point where he would go but if he is there in the 2nd I'd take him. 3rd rd would be even better if the 1st and 2nd pick filled a couple of needs.

My draft expectation may be too good to be true!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not trying to be ugly, but what real value does a wide receiver have when Dak is your quarterback? That's not his thing.

I don't think Antonio Brown could catch 90 balls here.

Exactly.

I’m sure the Jones’s will clap, high five , and hee haw as they pick a Wide Receiver at 19. So will Aaron Rodgers too I’m sure.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we draft a WR first, its really telling the fan base "we dont care anymore"

its not the most needed on this team right now. Our best hope right now is this is Garretts last year and we have to hold our nose and get through it. Right now. The draft will tell us even more.