Can Dallas wait to draft a WR?

cowboyec

Reaction score
the wr group is deep enough you could stretch it to the 5th Rd.

but trying to read their tea-leaves....they sure arent acting like they're gonna wait very long.
and with this team....follow the noise.
and the noise around 19 and WR is getting louder....dont think its all media driven either.

if no trades are made....I think our first 3 picks will be WR at 19...Ridley or Sutton.
Malik Jefferson in the 2nd.
Braden Smith or Tavarius Moore in the 3rd.

erod

Reaction score
That's just a stupid thing to say. Dak was named ROY with a rookie teammate who had over 1,800 yards rushing. He struggled last season with a LT with a bad back, & his Pro Bowl RB out half the year. Most QBs struggle when two Pro Bowl players are missing from their offense.
The point remains, a wide receiver had not had an elite season with him in college or pro football.

erod

Reaction score
Didn't you also think the last HOF WR to win a Super Bowl was Jerry Rice in 1994...
It was Irvin in 95, followed by Rice in 94. That was a big year for cocaine, hookers, and Johnny Hernandez if I recall.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Amazing we just devalued having an elite WR justifying the release of Dez and we’re ready to draft another one in the1st round. Lol

Its because our WR core is pure chit right now...............seriously, check it out

Hurns
Twill
Beasley
Thompson
Switzer
Brown

I'm sorry, but that is not going to get it done. We cant go into the season with the Jag's number 4 WR from last year and the body catcher as our two starters.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LB, OL, DL, QB, OL, D heck after the draft Dez will still be there if we get really desperate.

Kaiser

Reaction score
just think a MLB, OG would make a bigger impact for us.

Agree, and LBs and OGs always drop in the draft. I think there is a 50% chance that Tremaine Edmunds drops to 19, which would add the Mike.

Between Wynn, Hernandez and Daniels I think there is something like a 20% chance one of those three is still on the board at 50, which would be awesome. If not, I do like Austin Corbett at 81.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We have 6 solid WRs and people are freaking out. Meanwhile our starting safeties have a year of combined starting experience, we don't have a single healthy LB, we don't have a true 1-tech, we currently have the worst starting LG in the league and our starting TE runs a 10 second 40.

Agree on WR.

At Safety Xavier Woods held his own playing Slot Corner so he should be ready to start in his second year. Kavon Frazier played well when limited to a box role. I think we definitely draft a FS, but in the 4th or 5th round as a backup to Woods.

At LB we will draft at least two and both our SAMs are healthy. Plus Jaylon Smith's health improved as the year went on and he should be significantly better next year.

At TE we have five guys on the roster for 3 spots and Rico Gathers and Blake Jarwin should be significantly better next year.

Completely agree on OG, I think its a lock we draft one in the first three rounds. And even if Martin starts, he will be protected playing between two Pro Bowlers, just like Cooper was. Cooper was a total flyer and did OK last year playing between Tyron and Fred.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
We have 6 solid WRs and people are freaking out. Meanwhile our starting safeties have a year of combined starting experience, we don't have a single healthy LB, we don't have a true 1-tech, we currently have the worst starting LG in the league and our starting TE runs a 10 second 40.
Witten still runs a 4.66

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not trying to be ugly, but what real value does a wide receiver have when Dak is your quarterback? That's not his thing.

I don't think Antonio Brown could catch 90 balls here.
Thats why it makes no sense to draft a wr in the first few rounds especially a big WR! Dak doesnt have the arm to go deep, his ball floats then it becomes a contested 50/50 ball or lands short. The best kind of WR for Dallas if they want to draft one is a possession WR that runs precise routes.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Thats why it makes no sense to draft a wr in the first few rounds especially a big WR! Dak doesnt have the arm to go deep, his ball floats then it becomes a contested 50/50 ball or lands short. The best kind of WR for Dallas if they want to draft one is a possession WR that runs precise routes.
We need a fast slow wide receiver that can catch bad passes