1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Can FredBeard come back from retirement and opt out?

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Ranching, Aug 4, 2020.

1. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

5,249 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received

Take a minute and read CAREFULLY. "Take a season off, get right and then come back? What do you guys think?" Frederick played last season and didn't retire until March 23, 2020 so ranching said to take THIS season off and get right and then come back NEXT season. I swear you get something in your mind that keeps you from reading and understanding anything that is different than what you're thinking.

RGV_C_Los and Ranching like this.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,608 Messages
    5,501 Likes Received
    But you are ignoring his thread title "Can FredBeard come back from retirement and opt out?". The "opt out" makes it seem like he is suggesting that Frederick come out of retirement this season, sit out this year via the opt out clause and then coming back next season.

3. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

25,676 Messages
    66,744 Likes Received
    Reason for the opt out is that he is still property of the Cowboys.

RGV_C_Los likes this.
  4. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

23,270 Messages
    21,132 Likes Received
    with the beer thread being shut down, putty despises the management here.
    so not going to participate here.
    if our project works out financially, i will start a rival message board with the financial means to take away cz membership.

Ranching likes this.
  5. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

23,270 Messages
    21,132 Likes Received
    not uninterested
    putty does not get mad.
    he gets even.

Ranching likes this.
  6. joseephuss

26,608 Messages
    5,501 Likes Received
    He would still be property of the Cowboys if he just sits at home for a year and then tries to come back. He doesn't need to come back now and opt out in order for Dallas to retain his rights.

Ranching likes this.
  7. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,077 Messages
    6,164 Likes Received
    I'm guessing you didn't read the title of this thread

8. gjkoeppen

5,249 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received

And the titles of these threads have never been a lit6tle misleading? Look at what his very first comment to start this thread and you see. "Take a season off, get right and then come back? What do you guys think?" Since Frederick played in 2019 and retired in March of 2020 that first statement or comment can only mean sit out 2020 and get right and come back for 2021.

9. gjkoeppen

5,249 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received

Gee the titles of some of these threads have never been a little misleading now have they? The same person who titled this thread in his opening comment said "Take a season off, get right and then come back? What do you guys think?" and explains EXACTLY what he intended this thread to be. Frederick played last season and retired in March of this year so ranching's opening comment can ONLY mean to sit out 2020 and come back in 2021. Another funny thing is ranching who did start this thread has given me likes for my comments where I've tried to explain this to you. That kind of tells me that what I've been saying is right and what you've been saying is wrong.

10. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,077 Messages
    6,164 Likes Received
    That's perfectly fine if what he meant had nothing to do with his title. But I clicked on a thread that said, can FredBeard come back from retirement and opt out? So what am I supposed to think? Just ignore the thread title? But that's where the confusion was.

11. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

14,429 Messages
    19,322 Likes Received
    Guess it depends on how much guaranteed salary he had left. The restructures gave him that cash immediately and increased his prorated signing bonus cap hit over the life of the deal, hence the big dead cap hit when he retired. He already received that money when he restructured.

rocyaice likes this.
  12. gjkoeppen

5,249 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received

Here's a novel idea, the person that titles a thread is also the the very first comment where they go into more depth about what they are trying to say. So are you telling me that the first time you go to a new thread that you just ignore the initial comment and base everything you have to say about that thread SOLELY on the title and not what the initial comment says? If you do then you need start reading the initial comment to find out what the thread is really about. There have been users that after starting a thread later in that thread have said that they should have titled it differently.

13. joseephuss

26,608 Messages
    5,501 Likes Received
    Saying opt out applies only to the 2020 season so far. For Frederick to opt out, he would have to un-retire now and then choose to opt out for the 2020 season. That is why posters immediately just said, sit out the season and then choose to un-retire in 2021 and avoid the opt out all-together. The title of the thread goes along with his opening comment. I think the posters, myself included were very clear and it is you who have chosen to only see what you want to see and be argumentative. I too received a like from Ranching for a response.

14. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,077 Messages
    6,164 Likes Received
    I automatically assumed he meant opt out. Even after reading the content. I thought he meant to put it in the title. Otherwise we're talking about two completely different scenarios.

15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

17,203 Messages
    21,468 Likes Received
    I don’t think he has any strength anymore. I think that’s what made him quit. He got pushed around a lot last year and that’s debilitating for a guy that use to do the pushing.