Can I rue the day we drafted Taco over

bodi

Reaction score
T.J. Watt

In 2018, started all 16 games…recorded career-highs in tackles (68), TFLs (12), QB hits (21) and forced fumbles (6), while adding three passes defensed…tallied 6.0 sacks through the first five weeks of the season, becoming the first Steeler with at least 6.0 sacks through the first five games of a season since 2009 (James Harrison, 6.0)…his six defensive forced fumbles tied as the second-most by a Steeler in a single season since 1994 (James Harrison, 2008: 7).

In 2017, started all 15 games he played in during the regular season and one playoff game…finished his rookie season with 7.0 sacks, second-most by a rookie in Steelers history, the most sacks among all NFL rookie linebackers, and tied for the second-most among all NFL rookies…was the only NFL linebacker to finish the regular season with at least 50 tackles (52), 5.0 sacks (7.0), five passes defensed (8) and one interception (1).

Ranks fourth among NFL linebackers with 20.0 sacks since he entered the NFL in 2017.

Is the first Steelers linebacker since 2013-14 (Jason Worilds) to record back-to-back seasons with at least 7.0 sacks.

His 20.0 sacks in his NFL career are the most by a Steeler in their first two seasons in the NFL with the team since sacks became an official statistic in 1982.

Drafted by the Steelers in the first round (30th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They thought TJ was an injury risk and they didn't want another Sean Lee situation. Obviously, we swung and missed on Taco. Marinelli thought he could get something out of him that just wasn't there.

I knew we made an error when the Steelers picked him soon after. If there was a long term concern for the guy, they wouldn't have picked him either.

Hardline

Reaction score
Players I would've taken over Taco that was still on the board .

Reuben Foster
TJ Watt
The right offensive tackle from the Saints . Ramczyk(made up for it signing Lael Collins)

If only I made the pick

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Reuben Foster
TJ Watt
The right offensive tackle from the Saints . Ramczyk(made up for it signing Lael Collins)

If only I made the pick

I think this board get more right than the front office. Very few were excited about taco on draft day.

We don't live in the cowboys front office bubble and see things differently.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Reuben Foster
TJ Watt

If only I made the pick

Well, Foster would have been a mistake and Ramczyk would have likely meant no Connor Williams, which I'd be fine with, but that's assuming the coaching staff would have kept La'el inside as opposed to kicking him out.

kwcool619

Reaction score
T.J. Watt

In 2018, started all 16 games…recorded career-highs in tackles (68), TFLs (12), QB hits (21) and forced fumbles (6), while adding three passes defensed…tallied 6.0 sacks through the first five weeks of the season, becoming the first Steeler with at least 6.0 sacks through the first five games of a season since 2009 (James Harrison, 6.0)…his six defensive forced fumbles tied as the second-most by a Steeler in a single season since 1994 (James Harrison, 2008: 7).

In 2017, started all 15 games he played in during the regular season and one playoff game…finished his rookie season with 7.0 sacks, second-most by a rookie in Steelers history, the most sacks among all NFL rookie linebackers, and tied for the second-most among all NFL rookies…was the only NFL linebacker to finish the regular season with at least 50 tackles (52), 5.0 sacks (7.0), five passes defensed (8) and one interception (1).

Ranks fourth among NFL linebackers with 20.0 sacks since he entered the NFL in 2017.

Is the first Steelers linebacker since 2013-14 (Jason Worilds) to record back-to-back seasons with at least 7.0 sacks.

His 20.0 sacks in his NFL career are the most by a Steeler in their first two seasons in the NFL with the team since sacks became an official statistic in 1982.

Drafted by the Steelers in the first round (30th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Yes, please rue the day we picked Taco. If our front office knew about his work habits at Michigan, why did we pick him? That puzzles me. And his work habits with the 'Boys replicated his college days. Maybe he needed a team who he can fit his skills like the Dolphins.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, please rue the day we picked Taco. If our front office knew about his work habits at Michigan, why did we pick him? That puzzles me. And his work habits with the 'Boys replicated his college days. Maybe he needed a team who he can fit his skills like the Dolphins.

I don't think we do a very good job researching these guys b/c we have a GM that delegates every aspect of the job accept for the final decision. Marinelli sure as heck isn't following college football. He gets a highlight tape from the scouts and a quick look on pro day. We just made the same mistake on Tristy Hill. Another low character guy who couldn't get along with anyone in college..........but he's large and can move from A to B pretty fast for a guy his size........provided nobody is standing in his way.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I don't think we do a very good job researching these guys b/c we have a GM that delegates every aspect of the job accept for the final decision. Marinelli sure as heck isn't following college football. He gets a highlight tape from the scouts and a quick look on pro day. We just made the same mistake on Tristy Hill. Another low character guy who couldn't get along with anyone in college..........but he's large and can move from A to B pretty fast for a guy his size........provided nobody is standing in his way.

The draft is hit and miss in general.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
3-4 vs 4-3 blah blah blah, TJ Watt is the better football player and plenty of zoners said it on draft day, you may rue

visionary

Reaction score
T.J. Watt

Just think of taking Watt in place of Taco and Thornhill in place of Hill

Stupid and obviously stupid decisions

ghst187

Reaction score
Just think of taking Watt in place of Taco and Thornhill in place of Hill

Stupid and obviously stupid decisions

Yep, both moves I would’ve made but I also would have never taken Jaylon Smith or Byron Jones.