CFZ Can the Cowboys finally beat Brady?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Brady is 6-0 against the Cowboys in his career .

If the Cowboys are going to finally beat Brady and become the first team to repeat as NFC East champions since the 2003-04 Philadelphia Eagles, the defense – not the offense – will have to be the centerpiece.

For most of the past decade, if not more, the Cowboys’ larger-than-life expectations came from having a star-led offense that was the envy of many teams across the league. Since Tony Romo became the starter in 2006 (replaced by Dak Prescott in 2016), the Cowboys’ offense has ranked in the top half of the league in scoring in 12 of 16 seasons -- and within the top seven in eight seasons.

The defense, on the other hand, was mostly asked to do just enough.

Maybe it is fitting Brady is the first test for the Cowboys' defense this season.

No other quarterback with a minimum of five starts against the Cowboys has a better record than Brady. In fact, only one other quarterback has an undefeated mark with at least five starts against Dallas, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. It just so happens to be Brady’s childhood hero, Joe Montana, who went 5-0 against the Cowboys.

History says Brady will win Sunday. But maybe the Cowboys are due.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yes they can. Of course they can. Anyone can. So I guess that was a rhetorical question. ;)

As far as our chances go, well there are already quite a few other threads about this.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think they might knock him out of the game, our pass rush is going to be fierce against that line

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It would be nice if the Cowboys could finally get that monkey off their backs!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the usual pundits picking TB, except Michael Irvin of course.
I figured it would be this way. Kurt Warner citing Dallas has too many problems, but ignores TB's issues. Typical from him though, and others.

This is why they play the games though.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think this is their best shot with Brady dealing with family drama missing time, and the Buc OL starting to new guys on the IOL. Cowboys should get pressure up the middle which effects Brady greatly.

TheCritic

Reaction score
It's interesting that the headline for Brady is that this is his final season. No surprise, but why is he bringing it up now? Either he's trying to lull the Cowboys into some false sense of security or maybe he really has checked out and really wishes he had retired. We'll find out tonight!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's interesting that the headline for Brady is that this is his final season. No surprise, but why is he bringing it up now? Either he's trying to lull the Cowboys into some false sense of security or maybe he really has checked out and really wishes he had retired. We'll find out tonight!
This could be our last chance to beat Brady.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course.

History is irrelevant as the players are different. And Brady's team took some very tough losses in the off.

I found it nostalgic the only other QB with at least 5 games who the Cowboys had never beaten was Montana going 0-5.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Oh my God another one of these threads yeah Tom Brady's won some games against us I guess so He's been in the league forever

But I'm sorry wins against Quincy Carter Brandon weeden Tony Romo Wade Phillips Jason Garrett have absolutely no bearing on what is going to happen tonight.

We played them pretty tough last year and there's a majority of players still here on both sides but both teams had some key losses too and are weak in some of the same areas so it should be an interesting game of who can protect their quarterback.

And does fast release Trump mobility. I am looking forward to it honestly should be a good game.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Brady is 6-0 against the Cowboys in his career .

If the Cowboys are going to finally beat Brady and become the first team to repeat as NFC East champions since the 2003-04 Philadelphia Eagles, the defense – not the offense – will have to be the centerpiece.

For most of the past decade, if not more, the Cowboys’ larger-than-life expectations came from having a star-led offense that was the envy of many teams across the league. Since Tony Romo became the starter in 2006 (replaced by Dak Prescott in 2016), the Cowboys’ offense has ranked in the top half of the league in scoring in 12 of 16 seasons -- and within the top seven in eight seasons.

The defense, on the other hand, was mostly asked to do just enough.

Maybe it is fitting Brady is the first test for the Cowboys' defense this season.

No other quarterback with a minimum of five starts against the Cowboys has a better record than Brady. In fact, only one other quarterback has an undefeated mark with at least five starts against Dallas, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. It just so happens to be Brady’s childhood hero, Joe Montana, who went 5-0 against the Cowboys.

History says Brady will win Sunday. But maybe the Cowboys are due.
Not until the Boys get a decent QB and bona fide TE! One good year doesn't mean you're entitled to a mega lotto contract!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They beat us last year and weve lost a good portion of the offense. Its showing as dallas cant score points. But our defense is also showing improvement.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Looking like a huge no right now.......unless our defense can score points!