Can the Cowboys Put 60 On the Dolphins?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This place gon' go full nukular if they win 14-10.
Oh my gosh, that got my heart pumping!

Fire407

Reaction score
I want and expect the Cowboys to win of course, but the Dolphins situation has to be really uncomfortable for the NFL. It really is unfair to teams that don't have the Dolphins on the schedule. The teams that play the Dolphins get an automatic W. We're benefiting this year, but suppose it was the Rams or Packers playing them and not us. The NFL might have to modify the way the top of the draft order is determined. Maybe some sort of lottery like the NBA.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Jason Garrett would never let that happen.

The only possible way would be if the Dolphins purposefully ran backwards for a ton of safeties.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Let's just say the mayor of Dallas will be eating key lime pie after the game, courtesy of the Miami mayor.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Garrett would never allow that.....if we get up by three scores he'll start tapping the brakes.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I want and expect the Cowboys to win of course, but the Dolphins situation has to be really uncomfortable for the NFL. It really is unfair to teams that don't have the Dolphins on the schedule. The teams that play the Dolphins get an automatic W. We're benefiting this year, but suppose it was the Rams or Packers playing them and not us. The NFL might have to modify the way the top of the draft order is determined. Maybe some sort of lottery like the NBA.

I think the "unfairness" is exaggerated. This sort of situation has come up plenty of times before. The Dolphins have gone 1-15 before, the Cowboys have gone 1-15 before, the Panthers have gone 1-15 before, the Lions and Browns have each gone 0-16 before. In none of those seasons was there much of an outcry. It's simply a case of "let the chips fall where they may."

You might as well say that in the 2007 season, (the year the Patriots went 16-0 in the regular season,) that it was unfair to teams that had the Pats on their schedule. You just get lucky some times, and not so lucky other times.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well I doubt they would want to run up the score so to speak..i didnt watch the NE game but the score was 16-0 or something in the 3rd QTR..was that because they were holding back or did MIA play hard and it took while for NE to eventually break through and blow them out?

I say once we have a truly comfortable lead pull as many of our main guys as we can, you dont risk injury trying to run up a score..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I predicted 56 to 9. Heck, what's four points. 63 to 9 - Cowboys.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dolphins ranked 32nd in almost every category including points for, points against, yardage, opponent yardage, turnovers, etc. their best RB averaging 2.3 yards a carry.

The Cowboys need to show a killer instinct and not play down to Dolphin level. I don’t ever recall the Cowboys scoring 60 in a game, I do remember 59.

If the Cowboys come out of the gate fast, they could control this game before the end of the 1st quarter. That would take the heart out of the Dolphins. They would have to be close to 60 before the end of the 3rd quarter when they sit the starters.....again, assuming they don’t decide to resurrect the Dolphins in one afternoon.
No. Jason Garrett would not let that happen just because of who he is. We won’t run up a score.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not sure why would even want to come close to that if we're destroying them so bad put the second string in