Can the Cowboys Put 60 On the Dolphins?

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
No. Be realistic for God's sake.

What have you ever seen from this team that they could, or would, score that many points?

Even if they could, by the time they got a 21 point lead, it would run up the middle every down to kill the clock. Garrett is not aggressive by nature.

shabazz

Reaction score
You’re starting to get it. :thumbup:

Baby steps toward the Messiah. But seriously Ive posted numerous times about his improvement however I still weigh the competition hes facing and Ive commented that hes done a great job not playing down to the crappy defenses hes played. Again, most of us want to see over the course of the season and him facing and overcoming adversity,( like the Rams last year). If he continues this pace we are all in and will say pay the man.

Some keep saying that "they keep moving the goal posts to judge him"....well, the goalpost move till the end of the season...not just after 2 games

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dolphins ranked 32nd in almost every category including points for, points against, yardage, opponent yardage, turnovers, etc. their best RB averaging 2.3 yards a carry.

The Cowboys need to show a killer instinct and not play down to Dolphin level. I don’t ever recall the Cowboys scoring 60 in a game, I do remember 59.

If the Cowboys come out of the gate fast, they could control this game before the end of the 1st quarter. That would take the heart out of the Dolphins. They would have to be close to 60 before the end of the 3rd quarter when they sit the starters.....again, assuming they don’t decide to resurrect the Dolphins in one afternoon.

No. And we won’t cover. Our D is Charmin soft and we’ll take our foot off the pedal up three TD’s. Just be happy with an injury free win.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Baby steps toward the Messiah. But seriously Ive posted numerous times about his improvement however I still weigh the competition hes facing and Ive commented that hes done a great job not playing down to the crappy defenses hes played. Again, most of us want to see over the course of the season and him facing and overcoming adversity,( like the Rams last year). If he continues this pace we are all in and will say pay the man.

Some keep saying that "they keep moving the goal posts to judge him"....well, the goalpost move till the end of the season...not just after 2 games
I know you’re coming around and I like it. Some others aren’t budging even after this great start.

I agree, he must keep it up and I think he will.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Two of the best defenses in the NFL are in Baltimore and especially New England this year.

Several interceptions returned for TDs and a total of 7 takeaways in two games vs Miami.

Either way, we’re playing yet another awful defense.
So, our guys should be able to continue to stuff their stats while the gettin’ is good.

Bottom line...just win, baby.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The defense will have to come alive and force some turnovers. Both Bmore and NE benefited from turnovers. Keep that in mind. NE scored two defensive TD's. I think we'll need two non offensive TD's/and an additional turnover or two creating generous field position.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dolphins are embarrassed, but they are grown men. I think their defense will offer resistance and their offense will protect the ball a little better without the mad bomber.

Dallas wins 34-13

And fans complain about it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No. Be realistic for God's sake.

What have you ever seen from this team that they could, or would, score that many points?

Even if they could, by the time they got a 21 point lead, it would run up the middle every down to kill the clock. Garrett is not aggressive by nature.
Kellen Moore is calling the plays, and he IS aggressive.

But you're right that Dallas will call off the dogs once they get a huge lead.
The irony is that the raven put up 59 AND benched everyone in the 4th.
They also got 4 turnovers from the defense.

Btw, losing Dak or Zeke for the season in 4th quarter with a 28 point lead just to get to 60 would be unforgivable.

Flamma

Reaction score
When have we put 60 on anybody? If we go up 35-0, I expect to see our core players kicking back on the sidelines while the back-ups mop up.

59 against the 49ers the year prior to them beating Dallas in "The Catch" game. I don't recall 60 since then. Coach Landry wasn't as forgiving as our current RM. That said, I fully expect you to be correct.

plasticman

Reaction score
I dont know where you guys picked up this whole compassionate "ease up, put on the brakes" mindset of an NFL head coach. They realize that they have to show some public remorse for a blowout for good sportsmanship appearances but if you think they truly feel sorry for their opponent think again.

Do you think that is what they are doing when they bench some starters and put in their backup? Think again. They are protecting their key players from being injured during a time when they didn't have to be out there. They are evaluating their depth.

And the backups? Do you really think they are going to let up? When backups play they realize that this is part of the job interview for their next NFL employment opportunity. Do you believe that Pollard wants to spend his whole career watching Zeke play his way into the Hall of Fame?

The only time that I have heard coaches mention running up the scor it always refers to the last drive and they are up by more than two scores. They will try to run out the clock and when they are successful they will take a knee even if they are on the 1 yard line. That is pretty much it.

I mean, if the Cowboys are up by 4 TD's with ten minutes to go in the 4th and they are 3rd and 9 at the 50 yard line, do you believe any offensive coach on that side is going to run exclusively, with the realization that they will probably punt afterwords? Nope.

This Cowboys team has legitimate quality depth in some areas and none of them want to spend their careers as backups. They want to show the NFL that they can contribute. I think some of our backups may be better than some Dolphin starters.

I'll bet that if you look at defensive scoring in blowout games you will find a very high percentage of them occur in the 4th quarter when the opponent is desperate, beat up, with some backups of their own. NFL defensive players love these circumstances, they are going to pad some stats for future contract or free agent opportunities. When a team in the NFL is really bad' there is no sympathy. It is a feeding frenzy. If you were around during the Cowboy 1989 season then you know exactly what I am talking about.

Most blowouts start bad and then go downhill from there. Case in point, Supdr Bowl 27. Again, should have been 59 points. There should have been two defensive TD's instead of one. When? Both opportunities occured in the 4th quarter.

Do I think the Cowboys will win in a blowout? Probably not and I wasn't predicting it, just saying that possibility does exist and if so, the Cowboys should send that message to every OC in the league. It would definitely make their job more difficult. It would help this young team gain even more confidence.

When did the Championship Bears realize they were a team of destiny. What about the Rams with Warner?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dolphins ranked 32nd in almost every category including points for, points against, yardage, opponent yardage, turnovers, etc. their best RB averaging 2.3 yards a carry.

The Cowboys need to show a killer instinct and not play down to Dolphin level. I don’t ever recall the Cowboys scoring 60 in a game, I do remember 59.

If the Cowboys come out of the gate fast, they could control this game before the end of the 1st quarter. That would take the heart out of the Dolphins. They would have to be close to 60 before the end of the 3rd quarter when they sit the starters.....again, assuming they don’t decide to resurrect the Dolphins in one afternoon.
They could, but I don't think they need to try. Just win baby!

Verdict

Reaction score

If they play like they have been playing and want to? Yes.

Verdict

Reaction score
I dont know where you guys picked up this whole compassionate "ease up, put on the brakes" mindset of an NFL head coach. They realize that they have to show some public remorse for a blowout for good sportsmanship appearances but if you think they truly feel sorry for their opponent think again.

Do you think that is what they are doing when they bench some starters and put in their backup? Think again. They are protecting their key players from being injured during a time when they didn't have to be out there. They are evaluating their depth.

And the backups? Do you really think they are going to let up? When backups play they realize that this is part of the job interview for their next NFL employment opportunity. Do you believe that Pollard wants to spend his whole career watching Zeke play his way into the Hall of Fame?

The only time that I have heard coaches mention running up the scor it always refers to the last drive and they are up by more than two scores. They will try to run out the clock and when they are successful they will take a knee even if they are on the 1 yard line. That is pretty much it.

I mean, if the Cowboys are up by 4 TD's with ten minutes to go in the 4th and they are 3rd and 9 at the 50 yard line, do you believe any offensive coach on that side is going to run exclusively, with the realization that they will probably punt afterwords? Nope.

This Cowboys team has legitimate quality depth in some areas and none of them want to spend their careers as backups. They want to show the NFL that they can contribute. I think some of our backups may be better than some Dolphin starters.

I'll bet that if you look at defensive scoring in blowout games you will find a very high percentage of them occur in the 4th quarter when the opponent is desperate, beat up, with some backups of their own. NFL defensive players love these circumstances, they are going to pad some stats for future contract or free agent opportunities. When a team in the NFL is really bad' there is no sympathy. It is a feeding frenzy. If you were around during the Cowboy 1989 season then you know exactly what I am talking about.

Most blowouts start bad and then go downhill from there. Case in point, Supdr Bowl 27. Again, should have been 59 points. There should have been two defensive TD's instead of one. When? Both opportunities occured in the 4th quarter.

Do I think the Cowboys will win in a blowout? Probably not and I wasn't predicting it, just saying that possibility does exist and if so, the Cowboys should send that message to every OC in the league. It would definitely make their job more difficult. It would help this young team gain even more confidence.

When did the Championship Bears realize they were a team of destiny. What about the Rams with Warner?

The Hoodie never lets up.

ultron

Reaction score
We've never been that kind of team, once we get up a few scores - we'll just run the crap out of the ball and drain the clock, I doubt they cover the 22.5 point spread tbh

We lowkey have some pretty major injuries as well..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No, Garrett doesn't embarrass our opponents, he never has...……….if we get up by 2-3 TDs, look for starters to be pulled and nothing but generic run plays to kill the clock.

Something like 31-10 is what I am expecting.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Eating that cheese.. Keep it up..

60? I'll be satisfied with 3-0 as long as Dallas wins.

DCC_Parcells-Haley-punch.gif~c200