News: Can the Cowboys recover losses?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
True then again McCoy played left DE same as Lawrence. I wonder if the Cowboys may use Lawrence a bit more on the right side

DEs in 3-4s are much different than 4-3 DEs. 3-4 DEs are more comparable to our 3T like Collins last year than Lawrence.

Here was a breakdown of McCoys snaps last season

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Someone tossed that stat out in another thread. What exactly does it measure?

When a DT goes up one v one on an interior lineman, the % of times in these scenarios that the DT creates a pressure or sack within 2.5 seconds of the snap

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cobb bauled Dak out a lot by catching all those high passes and passes that was behind him over the middle. Cobb also absorbed all of those hard hits that came as a result of poorly placed passes. Cobb could have protected himself and let those passes go right on by to be intercepted, but he didn’t. Smith has made little to no impact and it is doubtful that he can ever reach playing at the level that Cobb has played.

LOL...…...says the Dak Troll. Of course you have to turn this into a Dak hate thread.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You might not have considered him one, but he was. Top 8 in pass rush win % amongst DTs last year. McCoy is a downgrade in the pass rush area like I just said.

I can see youre one of those "whoever leaves sucks" and whoever we bring in is "better than anything we've had" types. Grass is always greener.

Thinking Quinn is no big loss while claiming Poe is this miraculous player shows very little knowledge on the topic.

Anyone that has Quincy Carter in his name has no business in any football discussion.

So you would rather have Collins than McCoy? LOL I guess that shows what you know about football. For a DT, stopping the run is #1. If you are like Collins and you cant stop the run, you might as well not even be on the field.

Never said Poe is a miraculous players. Just another troll that has to exaggerate to make a point. Or lie to make a point.

While you weep the loss of scrubs that needed to go, I will be happy with the upgrades.

Quinn could rush the passer, but couldn't stop the run. Good riddance. This defense was better before Quinn got here. So are you suggesting we pay 70 million over 5 years for a situational pass rusher past his prime? Yah, you are a genius. LOL

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
When a DT goes up one v one on an interior lineman, the % of times in these scenarios that the DT creates a pressure or sack within 2.5 seconds of the snap
In that case according to another thread, McCoy actually had more sacks with less snaps and about the same number of pressures/snap as Collins.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
In that case according to another thread, McCoy actually had more sacks with less snaps and about the same number of pressures/snap as Collins.
Then the sack or pressures came after 2.5 seconds also known as a coverage sack, or the % of time that each was doubled was different, or the disparity in snaps that were rush vs pass were different.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anyone that has Quincy Carter in his name has no business in any football discussion.

So you would rather have Collins than McCoy? LOL I guess that shows what you know about football. For a DT, stopping the run is #1. If you are like Collins and you cant stop the run, you might as well not even be on the field.

Never said Poe is a miraculous players. Just another troll that has to exaggerate to make a point. Or lie to make a point.

While you weep the loss of scrubs that needed to go, I will be happy with the upgrades.

Quinn could rush the passer, but couldn't stop the run. Good riddance. This defense was better before Quinn got here. So are you suggesting we pay 70 million over 5 years for a situational pass rusher past his prime? Yah, you are a genius. LOL

Lol you're hopeless.

If you still think that stopping the run is the main priority for a 3T then you should just delete your account right now. There's no recovering for you.

No you moron, I never said pay him that. Just another troll that has to exaggerate to try and make a point, but fail.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This happens every year. We have a lot of FA's, we lose more than we gain, but yet the never get worse or better from the FA period.
As long as that happens, then improve from the draft. And we are better.

With the new coaching and schemes we will be even better.
Just the in game play calling overseen by MM and his decisions in real time will probably add 2-3 games to our win total.

Garrett never got that part fixed in 10 years of coaching.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol you're hopeless.

If you still think that stopping the run is the main priority for a 3T then you should just delete your account right now. There's no recovering for you.

No you moron, I never said pay him that. Just another troll that has to exaggerate to try and make a point, but fail.

Stopping the run is the #1 goal of any defense genius.

There is absolutely no more clueless dope than some clown that likes Quincy Carter.

Your name is a joke as are you.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Stopping the run is the #1 goal of any defense genius.

There is absolutely no more clueless dope than some clown that likes Quincy Carter.

Your name is a joke as are you.

Lol now you've doubled down and not just the 3T, but the WHOLE defense? Yes I'm in fact a genius, if simpletons believe that.

Can't debate the topic so you've had to elude to my username twice now? That's when you know you've lost lmao. If you think my username insinuates I like QC, delete not just your account but your existence.

Keep your day job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol now you've doubled down and not just the 3T, but the WHOLE defense? Yes I'm in fact a genius, if simpletons believe that.

Can't debate the topic so you've had to elude to my username twice now? That's when you know you've lost lmao. If you think my username ensenuates I like QC, delete not just your account but your existence.

Keep your day job.

LOL...…..Who would bother arguing anything with a guy that loves Quincy Carter?

You don't even know the #1 job of a DT is to stop the run. Feel free to put me on ignore genius. You do know they have that feature don't you? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

QUINCY CARTER!!!!!! ahahahaha!!!!!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL...…..Who would bother arguing anything with a guy that loves Quincy Carter?

You don't even know the #1 job of a DT is to stop the run. Feel free to put me on ignore genius. You do know they have that feature don't you? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

QUINCY CARTER!!!!!! ahahahaha!!!!!

The reason people like you exist is to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

We appreciate you!

Trying to talk football when you dont evem know the difference between a 1T and a 3T!? :lmao2: DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The reason people like you exist is to make the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

We appreciate you!

People like who? Some fool that thinks Quincy Carter was so awesome that you make it your forum name? LOL

You don't speak for anyone. Any basic fans knows the #1 job of a DT is to stop the run.

You will also be hard pressed to find another poster that thinks Collins is better than McCoy!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

morasp

Reaction score
Then the sack or pressures came after 2.5 seconds also known as a coverage sack, or the % of time that each was doubled was different, or the disparity in snaps that were rush vs pass were different.
I hate to admit it but I didn't realize McCoy was playing in a 3-4 defense last year. With that in mind it's like comparing apples to oranges and we'll have to see how it works out. I still think we got a heck a player and that playing next to DLaw will help his pass rush and I still think we need to address DT in the draft.

JBond

Reaction score
Collins I don't even consider a pass rusher. Collins was a joke. McCoy is a big upgrade in both areas. Poe blows away anyone we had playing DT as well.

Quinn was no big loss to me and if Gregory comes back and is in shape, I wont even miss him.
Be careful jumping on the Poe bandwagon. He is not the same player he was in KC and he and McCoy anchored the worst run d in the nfl last year for the Panthers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Be careful jumping on the Poe bandwagon. He is not the same player he was in KC and he and McCoy anchored the worst run d in the nfl last year for the Panthers.

I am fully aware of his age. However both are an upgrade over Collins and Co.

Though is definitely underwhelming to hear that the Cowboys are thinking about bringing in the DT tandem that was the worst against the run last year. LOL

Can that be attributed to those two guys and what were the other reasons?

JBond

Reaction score
I am fully aware of his age. However both are an upgrade over Collins and Co.

Though is definitely underwhelming to hear that the Cowboys are thinking about bringing in the DT tandem that was the worst against the run last year. LOL

Can that be attributed to those two guys and what were the other reasons?
We will see. Poe has talent, but really never put it all together. Feel better about McCoy. Still hope Kinlaw falls to us for some odd reason

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We will see. Poe has talent, but really never put it all together. Feel better about McCoy. Still hope Kinlaw falls to us for some odd reason

I would love Kinlaw, however we are sorely lacking at CB right now. And with Awuzie and the other starter being FA's after next season I see no way that they can do anything other than use the first pick at CB.