News: Can the Cowboys recover losses?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what my point was, at least I hope that you do. But if you need me to spell it out, I'll humor you.

Yes, I have a problem repeatedly breaking the bank for players who underperform. Take Cooper for just one instance. Will he rebound and be the guy who saved us two years ago, or will he be the guy who showed up for half of the games last season? Is he now injury-prone? Say we let him walk, then what could we have done with that money to help the defense? As I stated before, if coaching was a big of an issue as I think it was, then this team could very well be set if they play the draft right. In that case, it will be money well spent. Right now, it makes me nervous.

If your point is there aren’t any guarantees, or that individual players sometimes carry concerns, sure, I understand that. But that’s different than simply questioning players because the team as a whole wasn’t as successful as we would like, or that they haven’t already been on a team that had great playoff success. Many highly successful players played on unsuccessful teams at points in their careers, and nobody has played on a highly successful team until they do.

All a team can do is make their evaluations when they can. I think in Coopers case it’s probably a matter of deciding if the nagging health issues last year were a fluke or an ongoing concern. Obviously the team decided on fluke.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If your point is there aren’t any guarantees, or that individual players sometimes carry concerns, sure, I understand that. But that’s different than simply questioning players because the team as a whole wasn’t as successful as we would like, or that they haven’t already been on a team that had great playoff success. Many highly successful players played on unsuccessful teams at points in their careers, and nobody has played on a highly successful team until they do.

All a team can do is make their evaluations when they can. I think in Coopers case it’s probably a matter of deciding if the nagging health issues last year were a fluke or an ongoing concern. Obviously the team decided on fluke.

And if last year's unsuccessful run was mostly due to coaching, we may well be golden. As I say, money well spent in that case. It shouldn't take long to find out.