Can The Dallas Cowboys Save The NFL?

Swanny

Reaction score
Lol...NFL will continue with or without the Cowboys lol.
They would survive. But they would not be the monster they are. I suppose Cowboy fans would latch onto another team? Maybe. I couldnt imagine myself latching onto another team if the Boys left the NFL. I for one would love to watch the drama of Jerry moving the Cowboys to the AAF of the XFL. I know it's never going to happen. But man that would be wild. Dumb on everyone's end but would be entertaining.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
NFL has numerous problems. NFL had its lowest Super Bowl rating ever. The NFL had the stand to stand or not to stand National anthem controversy. They had the worst referee calls in NFL history for the regular season and playoffs. They have a minority development problem for Head Coaches in the NFL. Concussion data for youth and high school football shows a negative trend for the NFL. The NFL just had a one team cheat to get to the Super Bowl play another team that has been accused numerous times of cheating to win 6 Super Bowls. This is to name a few of the problems for the US no.1 sport.

The NFL needs the Dallas Cowboys to win and win big in 2019. During the growth of the NFL, which was the 70's and 90's, the Dallas Cowboys were dominating with 5 Super Bowl appearances in the 70's and 3 in 4 years in the 90's. They played in numerous consecutive playoff games and NFC Championship games. Tex Schramm had a world vision for the Dallas Cowboys when the NFL was focused on getting close to baseball. Then Owner Jerry Jones used the resurgence of Dallas Cowboys of the 90's to market the team through TV and digital media worldwide. "America's Team" marketing by Tex and Jerry Jones has now worked for over 40 years.

The NFL does not need for only ratings to improve. It need ratings with "America's Team" stories to improve the NFL's image. The NFL needs the Dallas Cowboys to save them from themselves. The NFL with all of its negative press would love for the Dak Prescott story to be told during the pregame of the Super Bowl; how the Wolf Hunter howled his way to the Super Bowl; the devastating knee injury and return to football by Jaylon Smith; Travis Fredrick overcoming autoimmune disease; the Bosie State Cowboy Connection; the Garrett and Jones family ties; Dak Zeke and Coooooper comparison with the original "Triplets", or Randy Gregory journey from personal self inflicted disaster to the Super Bowl are all salivating positive stories that the NFL needs bad. The good news is that the NFL knows this, wants this, and needs this to happen.

So it is now in Jerry Jones hands to send the Dallas Cowboys to save the NFL. Will Jones get the FS, TE, and DT to do just that and get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl in spite of Jason Garrett? Is Kellen Moore the savior and next Tom Landry Jason Garrett was supposed to be for the Cowboys? Can Jones get the youngest team in the NFL to the Super Bowl like Jimmy Johnson did in 1992?

If not, the NFL is in trouble.

I think you've got a point. The Cowboys have a lot stories and drama that would be good for the league to focus on.

But I don't agree that the NFL wants this. All signs are other owners and Goodell would rather see the Cowboys tamped down. Money aint everything. Zeke's suspension was a bad joke. Remember getting penalized for going over the cap in an "uncapped" year? The Uncatch on *review*. The calls against us this year were endless idiocy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not even close, unless the first Super Bowl was played in 2009.

It was a boring game with a lousy halftime show and still had almost 100 million viewers.
Yea, the NFL doesn’t need saving. And I never heard of that punk at halftime.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I0SiVwk.jpg

To be fair Jared Goff doesn't play in the NFC East division.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Believe so, or maybe #2, seems the Cowboys and Manchester United leapfrog each other every few years...
Not sure. But either way they are definitely the NFL's biggest draw. Stephen A and Skip Bayless would have to retire if the Cowboys left the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not sure. But either way they are definitely the NFL's biggest draw. Stephen A and Skip Bayless would have to retire if the Cowboys left the NFL.
Why anyone would watch or listen to either of them is mind boggling. I’d rather watch Bonanza reruns. Lol

GMO415

Reaction score
Keep Bray out of the SB and the ratings will increase.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
NFL has numerous problems. NFL had its lowest Super Bowl rating ever. The NFL had the stand to stand or not to stand National anthem controversy. They had the worst referee calls in NFL history for the regular season and playoffs. They have a minority development problem for Head Coaches in the NFL. Concussion data for youth and high school football shows a negative trend for the NFL. The NFL just had a one team cheat to get to the Super Bowl play another team that has been accused numerous times of cheating to win 6 Super Bowls. This is to name a few of the problems for the US no.1 sport.

The NFL needs the Dallas Cowboys to win and win big in 2019. During the growth of the NFL, which was the 70's and 90's, the Dallas Cowboys were dominating with 5 Super Bowl appearances in the 70's and 3 in 4 years in the 90's. They played in numerous consecutive playoff games and NFC Championship games. Tex Schramm had a world vision for the Dallas Cowboys when the NFL was focused on getting close to baseball. Then Owner Jerry Jones used the resurgence of Dallas Cowboys of the 90's to market the team through TV and digital media worldwide. "America's Team" marketing by Tex and Jerry Jones has now worked for over 40 years.

The NFL does not need for only ratings to improve. It need ratings with "America's Team" stories to improve the NFL's image. The NFL needs the Dallas Cowboys to save them from themselves. The NFL with all of its negative press would love for the Dak Prescott story to be told during the pregame of the Super Bowl; how the Wolf Hunter howled his way to the Super Bowl; the devastating knee injury and return to football by Jaylon Smith; Travis Fredrick overcoming autoimmune disease; the Bosie State Cowboy Connection; the Garrett and Jones family ties; Dak Zeke and Coooooper comparison with the original "Triplets", or Randy Gregory journey from personal self inflicted disaster to the Super Bowl are all salivating positive stories that the NFL needs bad. The good news is that the NFL knows this, wants this, and needs this to happen.

So it is now in Jerry Jones hands to send the Dallas Cowboys to save the NFL. Will Jones get the FS, TE, and DT to do just that and get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl in spite of Jason Garrett? Is Kellen Moore the savior and next Tom Landry Jason Garrett was supposed to be for the Cowboys? Can Jones get the youngest team in the NFL to the Super Bowl like Jimmy Johnson did in 1992?

You expect JJ to save the NFL? By signing a FS, TE, DT? How does that solve the NFL problems that you pointed out in paragraph 1? Nice try

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

It was a boring game with a lousy halftime show and still had almost 100 million viewers.
Right. Chiefs and Rams would've probably set records. Had nothing to do with the NFL. People have Patriots fatigue.
They would survive. But they would not be the monster they are. I suppose Cowboy fans would latch onto another team? Maybe. I couldnt imagine myself latching onto another team if the Boys left the NFL. I for one would love to watch the drama of Jerry moving the Cowboys to the AAF of the XFL. I know it's never going to happen. But man that would be wild. Dumb on everyone's end but would be entertaining.

Cowboy fans would migrate elsewhere.....but what runs the NFL IMO, is the hatred for certain teams like the Pats and Cowboys. That hatred will always be there it would just move to another team.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see/read/hear about the next round of labor negotiations which could start in the next 6 months

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to get good ratings regardless. Our revenue continues to grow with the mediocrities we normally throw out there.

I actually believe these new young guns like Mahommes, Maxwell and Goff are the future of the league. The more great and exciting teams not named the Cowboys is actually more beneficial to the league.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. Chiefs and Rams would've probably set records. Had nothing to do with the NFL. People have Patriots fatigue.

Cowboy fans would migrate elsewhere.....but what runs the NFL IMO, is the hatred for certain teams like the Pats and Cowboys. That hatred will always be there it would just move to another team.
I definitely agree it’s healthy for the league to have a team like Cowboys to hate. We’re just relevant enough to keep some interest while stumbling enough to laugh at.

But if not for the greatest dynasty( not greatest team)and most clutch QB in NFL history this Century would have really been boring. Worst football teams I’ve seen in my lifetime but some good QB’s.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The only thing that will save the NFL is embracing the sport, as it was intended and fighting the cake eaters in a court of law. If they don't, the sport will continue to decline and eventually die a slow death IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Yep.
Worst rating in about 15 years, and lowest viewership in a decade...but not the lowest ever.
It was one of the lowest rated SB in the last 35 years though. Maybe bottom 5 or so. in ratings.
SB rating have been declining for 5 years now, but not yet disasterous

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think the NFL needs saving just yet, but sign me up for watching the Cowboys win more super bowls.
One season does not define a trend nor a panic. The NFL is kinda like Jerry's profit margin, if it starts to shrink beyond stability, then the NFL will call in some Super Hero strategists.