1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Can we copy cat Jackson and the Ravens?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Redball Express, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,573 Messages
    10,242 Likes Received
    My big question at this point is..

seeing how Jackson set the league on fire last season with his running out of pass formation..

are we going to incorporate that more into our offense?

are we going to run 4 receiver sets this year frequently?

Won't Zeke and the OL be able to open some gaping holes for Zeke and Pollard to exploit?

Will we do that?

If we run 4 receiver formations..will the QB draw and sweep be run? If the secondary takes off for the endzone to cover..has to be huge gaps to run thru.

Jackson with the Ravens have made that Jackson's trademark. Can Dak do that? Will he do that?

Farve was a mobile QB and he won like crazy.

Rodgers was not and was more of a pocket passer.

The WCO is very different than what we have been trying to do.

McCarthy has some things to adjust to with this cast of characters. Moore probably helps but still..

Dak needs to take on a new personality in 2020.

Here's wishing his success for sure. Everything depends on him now.

What do you guys see?

Comments?

America's Cowboy likes this.
  2. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

14,103 Messages
    17,758 Likes Received
    You'd have to adjust your whole offense to fit the QB, which is what Baltimore did. It's a bold but smart move.

You also have to identify an elite athlete like Lamar. I'm mot sure who that is in college right now.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Well-Known Member

199 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I think everything that could realistically be done to the team this off-season has been done, frankly. We now just need an actual season to watch what they can do. Hoping for the best...

4. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

2,917 Messages
    2,843 Likes Received
    You clearly have way too much time to think....or not enough.

I'm not entirely sure which.

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

4,569 Messages
    5,978 Likes Received
    Jackson had over 1200 yards. I expect Dak to be utilized in the run game, I don't expect Lamar Jackson. Get that 300 maybe closer to 500?

6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,784 Messages
    23,147 Likes Received
    I have no problem with Dak taking off when the play breaks down or he just sees open field but his main job is to get the ball down field to his weapons. Dallas added another in Lamb get the ball into your playmakers hands. Dallas does not have to follow in the footsteps of Balt or Atlanta when they had Vick to have success

DeaconBlues, Tangle_Foot and DFWJC like this.
  7. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

24,923 Messages
    64,718 Likes Received
    Griffin did the same thing. Longevity is my concern with this kid. Hopefully he'll evolve into more of a passer and pick his running spots.

Furboy and Redball Express like this.
  8. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

10,251 Messages
    14,819 Likes Received
    They've been spanked in the playoffs 2 years in a row. Offense struggled until down big. We call that garbage time with Dak. I thought you wanted to get away from that?

Jstopper and Haimerej like this.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,237 Messages
    35,323 Likes Received
    :huh:

Selective running maybe. Just let Dak do what he has been doing.

Lamar Jackson is SO much faster than Dak. Just not at all the same.
    • Assume that every time Jackson is on the field, that he is faster than all 11 defenders or at worst 10 of 11.
    • Assume Dak might be faster than 3-4 defenders on the defense at any one time, and nobody in the back 7

It's just completely night and day.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Kevinicus, Typhus, Jstopper and 8 others like this.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,237 Messages
    35,323 Likes Received
    It's always a concern, but Jackson does seem way better at protecting himself than Griffin. He seems to always have that in the back of his mind.

Ranching and Redball Express like this.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,024 Messages
    26,481 Likes Received
    Who the hell would want to? I like our offense better than there's. I'm not sure if their offense can be sustained while keeping Lamar healthy.

conner01, csirl, Maverick84 and 3 others like this.
  12. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

3,316 Messages
    9,414 Likes Received
    Ravens got punched in the mouth in the Divisional Round. Dallas doesn't need to revamp their offense to achieve that.

Jackson has been completely incapacitated in both of his postseason appearances. There is no evidence of this experiment working yet.

csirl, Lutonio, kskboys and 2 others like this.
  13. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,515 Messages
    18,269 Likes Received
    I mentioned that in another thread. Running QB don’t last long. Dak shocked the NFL in his first year or so with taking off. I think the staff quickly wanted him to get used to standing in the pocket. Which is why Dak ends up taking a sack here and there he don’t need to. I think jackson is going to end up injured soon..

kskboys, Ranching and Redball Express like this.
  14. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

6,214 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    No...the QB in Baltimore is a unique talent requiring a unique offensive scheme.

Typhus, Redball Express and DFWJC like this.
  15. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

13,243 Messages
    19,752 Likes Received
    Jackson has zero come from behind wins. And exactly one 300 yards passing game. So there's that.

Jackson skill set is unique to him and him alone. Trying to copy cat the Ravens would be beyond stupid.

16. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,573 Messages
    10,242 Likes Received
    Sorry?

So you think being a fan and ticket holder amount to what?

I will think about it at the next game when I sit under the big screen. My tickets paid by the 3 other tickets for the seats I own.

You?

Type on bro.

You really should be more careful about who you want to call out. People who actually support the team with hard earned money over a 50 year period know a thing or two, bub.

FYI..I have also worked for the team as a pro photog. I already forgot more than you will ever know about this team. Gimme a break.

:facepalm:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Typhus and rags747 like this.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,784 Messages
    23,147 Likes Received
    There is no doubt Jackson running ability puts a lot of pressure on defense yet he is one hamstring or high ankle sprain from being forced to work in the pocket and as QB if he can't do that then he and his team are in trouble. Running QB are nothing new to the NFL, history is littered with them. I don't expect the Ravens to change some of what they do but for his sake and that of their team I would think they will continue to work and develop him as a true QB

Redball Express likes this.
  18. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,950 Messages
    10,708 Likes Received
    I'd like to see dak use his legs more thats for sure.

Redball Express likes this.
  19. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,515 Messages
    18,269 Likes Received
    I saw him take a surprised shot while running last year. It only takes a big shot while not looking and it’s a wrap for a while. A while if your lucky. RG was good at running for a while. Then the injuries start.

NotForLong and rocyaice like this.
  20. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

4,766 Messages
    4,368 Likes Received
    Yuck but I guess it is the direction the league is going. I hate fast break football

Furboy likes this.