Can we get a first rounder if we trade Dak?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I am sure a good number of fans on here would say that Stephen A Smith show and Skip's Show is quality tv...that does not make it so.

Again...either they are too bad as suggested and would not warrant a traded pick or they are good enough and would warrant a pick. Either or.

If the player is overrated as you, or others thing, than logic would dictate that either you are right and nobody would give up a quality pick(s) for him or you are wrong and they view him as a quality player and they would give up a pick(s) for him.
I find it extremely hard to believe that the teams in need of a QB wouldn't jump at the chance to sign Prescott. Part of me wants it to happen just to prove a point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have a winning quarterback right now. Why would we take the time to get someone else in and train them.. I just don’t get this foolishness
if you call our Leader and highest paid QB demanding player that over the last 3 seasons is 27-21 and missed playoffs twice, also add hes the leader on team who second in the league in losing games going into the 4th with lead, also high on the list in not coming back to win when losing at halftime..

really thats winner, clutch ? this is worth not getting a 1st and maybe a 2nd and hit the reboot vs making him the highest paid player in the league? SMH thats laughable, wake up and stop being scared that it could take some down years to turn it around.

all this why cant we be teams lie SF and get it turned around quicker, well they needed 4 years of double digit looses to get the pieces to get to a SB..

not that all the losses were on dak, I get it BUT he has done nothing to will us to some wins when the chips were down, its what have you done for me lately and with all the money tied up in offense to AID dak and he cant find a way to actually take a game over and win some of those close losses tells me he isnt worth trying to hold onto..not at that price hes demanding....

the Issue is what Team right now this far into FA and right before the draft will even consider dak, how many NOW need a starting qb who will cost them 2 high draft picks and a new deal at 35mil year over four years and most likely 120mil guaranteed?

im betting ONE Jerry JOnes thats it..the FO is bidding against themselves at this point.. I say let him ride the FT this season , Non exclusive FT next season and let him seek offers..gives us time to prepare for his departure , now..

those saying Daks FA becausae he hasnt signed the tag are WRONG, hes the DC property so he signs and plays or sits, FA can seek deals, hes not a FA thats what the tag is for..

I used to be a fan of Dak now im moving toward IDC wherther he stays orgoes,... he wants special money and is not special.. you dont pay above average tier 2 players top money..

basel90

Reaction score
Why are you so hung up on the 2019-2020 season? Dak is a two time pro bowler, not that the pro bowl means much anymore. There can only be 3 QBs voted in... Rodgers, Wilson and Brees are hard to beat. I never said Dak was better than those 3 QBs. In fact I specificly said those 3 have a better career passer rating. So check what you say I said for accuracy before you go lying again. What exactly am I ignoring? Winning against good teams is a function of the team being better not the QB. The fact you don't care about stats doesn't mean no one cares about stats. Clearly someone was paying attention to Dak's stats to make him the highest paid player in the NFL.
Top quarterbacks help their team win titles and Super Bowls . Dak regressing in 2018-2019 has to be worrisome to you as well , don’t you agree ?

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak is worth at least 2 first rounders and a couple 2nd and 3rd rounders. Teams give up crazy dumb shlt for unproven college kids coming into the league. Dak is proven and better than most people think.

If we simply used the non-exclusive franchise tag, and another team signed him (which they would) we would get TWO first round draft picks just from that. So the answer is 100% yes, but he isn’t going anywhere.
I’ll take a double dose of whatever you are taking.

morat1959

Reaction score
Lost to the Saints, Jets, Vikings, and Patriots by a combined 12 points. Had the worst FG kicker in the world and hung onto him too long. The Jets loss was an anomaly- Amari, Cobb, La’el, Tyron Smith, LVE, Byron Jones, and Anthony brown were all out that game (people love to leave the context out of that loss). He’s great at reading defenses and had one of the highest QBRs in the league last year and 2nd most passing yards (the WRs had the 4th most drops and 20/24 of those drops hit them right in the hands & several of them were easy TDs if they were simply caught).
Lol

morat1959

Reaction score
In which games did Dak ever make a difference and led the team to a comeback? I understand he cannot be blamed for all losses , but he never does well against quality completion . He is mature and represents the franchise well but he has not made a difference on the field .
This!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I honestly don't think anyone is giving up a first round pick for Dak. The numbers don't add up for it. Anyone picking in the top half of the draft would be better advised to take a chance on whatever QB they can draft and using the rookie deal to build the rest of the team. Using a top pick to trade for a QB who is likely gong to be the highest paid player in the league is not smart. Anyone picking in the lower half of the draft is not worth trading with because Dallas would then need to use its first round pick on a QB. Why would Dallas trade Dak for say pick 15?

This conversation gets a little more interesting if say Cincinnati offers its first pick for Dak but that argument would quickly devolve into how good Dak is and we've seen that.

By your own rationale the reason for Dallas to trade Dak for pick 15 and using the pick on a qb is the cap savings.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Top quarterbacks help their team win titles and Super Bowls . Dak regressing in 2018-2019 has to be worrisome to you as well , don’t you agree ?

The defense and special teams regressed--not Dak. Dak had his best year yet. The only argument against him was he couldn't put up stats and in 2019 he showed he could.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Wondering if someone will give us a 1st rounder for Dak . Given the protracted negociation with our overrated entitled QB . This would give us a fresh start and we may land a good QB like a Justin Herbert or deal for another veteran , Thoughts ?

So you think he's a POS but also think teams will overpay the Cowboys to take him? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you mean winning like 8-8 and 6-1 against winning teams ?
Thinking of Tony. Aren’t you. Get a freaking clue please. We don’t know what we have we had a Garrett on the sidelines . And if you think you can judge any talent is on this team you’re mistaken

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
if you call our Leader and highest paid QB demanding player that over the last 3 seasons is 27-21 and missed playoffs twice, also add hes the leader on team who second in the league in losing games going into the 4th with lead, also high on the list in not coming back to win when losing at halftime..

really thats winner, clutch ? this is worth not getting a 1st and maybe a 2nd and hit the reboot vs making him the highest paid player in the league? SMH thats laughable, wake up and stop being scared that it could take some down years to turn it around.

all this why cant we be teams lie SF and get it turned around quicker, well they needed 4 years of double digit looses to get the pieces to get to a SB..

not that all the losses were on dak, I get it BUT he has done nothing to will us to some wins when the chips were down, its what have you done for me lately and with all the money tied up in offense to AID dak and he cant find a way to actually take a game over and win some of those close losses tells me he isnt worth trying to hold onto..not at that price hes demanding....

the Issue is what Team right now this far into FA and right before the draft will even consider dak, how many NOW need a starting qb who will cost them 2 high draft picks and a new deal at 35mil year over four years and most likely 120mil guaranteed?

im betting ONE Jerry JOnes thats it..the FO is bidding against themselves at this point.. I say let him ride the FT this season , Non exclusive FT next season and let him seek offers..gives us time to prepare for his departure , now..

those saying Daks FA becausae he hasnt signed the tag are WRONG, hes the DC property so he signs and plays or sits, FA can seek deals, hes not a FA thats what the tag is for..

I used to be a fan of Dak now im moving toward IDC wherther he stays orgoes,... he wants special money and is not special.. you dont pay above average tier 2 players top money..
Did you forget about Jason Garrett. You can’t judge anything else during his tinder

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol...He has no ring, he is not a winner.

Come back to me when he has one, I'll gladly eat crow.
You feel the same way about Tony Guys like Merino or anybody else without a ring. You’re gonna call them losers. Don’t think so

basel90

Reaction score
Thinking of Tony. Aren’t you. Get a freaking clue please. We don’t know what we have we had a Garrett on the sidelines . And if you think you can judge any talent is on this team you’re mistaken
his record agaist decent teams is awful , it is 1-6 . This has nothing to do with Romo . but since you bring him up , Romo was a superior passer and game manager. Any realistic cowboys fan will take romo during his healthy years over Dak on any day,

basel90

Reaction score
So you think he's a POS but also think teams will overpay the Cowboys to take him? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
he is an average QB, we should trade him as long as some teams see value and see the states and like him.