Can we just get over this? Maybe. maybe not

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Redball Express, Dec 12, 2019.

1. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

13,805 Messages
    7,280 Likes Received
    im a one team kinda guy.

its Dallas or none. i cant even see myself rooting for another team at this junction.

id rather walk away, which is where im at right now.

2. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,450 Messages
    6,775 Likes Received
    Redball, you gonna change your handle and sig soon? LOL

3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,377 Messages
    54,641 Likes Received
    This issues probably do go deeper but before we get too deep lets cover our bases with players and coaching because that is all we can really hope for.

If Jerry hires the right coach and lets them do their thing this team will win.

IF he hires a buddy like Garrett they will continue to waste whatever talent they bring in here.

The talent evaluators have done their job well.. Fix the coaching. They can win within this culture with good player and good coaching. They just have refused to put the 2 together because Jerry's ego has been tied to Garrett.

4. charron

charron Well-Known Member

6,835 Messages
    7,115 Likes Received
    That is the big if. If the new HC can pick his staff as they all need to be able to work together. if the new HC can cut bait and hire a new guy if a position coach isn't getting the job done. Those are huge and those are something Jerry wouldn't let one of his closest friends in garrett do, he's not changing now.

5. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    You sir, have the shortest paragraphs known to man! You are one with the space bar, I commend you! Having said that, I agree with much of what you said, but I do have to say that we are spoiled expecting our team to just keep winning as they did in many years past so we do have to temper our expectations just a bit.

The #1 issue I have with our team and I think many of us concur is the buffoon we have as an owner. He sounds like JR Ewing after he had been shot and half brain dead. He makes us a joke, and all the yes men around him allow it to keep happening. It really saddens me, and it makes it hard for me, or anyone to take the Cowboys serious.

6. Fire407

Fire407 Well-Known Member

571 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I don't think so. If we were to get a good HC, we have the talent to do really well next season.

7. charron

6,835 Messages
    7,115 Likes Received
    The HC can only do so much. The best teams don't simply have a good HC they have really good position coaches typically ones that earned a shot (but failed) at being a HC. This is where we lack the most and Jerry has not and will not give power to a HC to hire or fire his staff. He did so with parcels to use parcels to help gather support for a stadium. Once done he began his old ways and parcels had enough.

8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,377 Messages
    54,641 Likes Received
    He won't get another high profile Bill Parcells type unless he gives them control.

Jerry has done it his way. It failed. The whole world is watching..

What are you going to do Jerry? Hire some scrub in the Garrett mold that has no business coaching a team like this or go get a high profile coach and focus on winning instead of your ego?

9. DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE Well-Known Member

552 Messages
    633 Likes Received
    I only read the thread title:
    I am over it and have been over it for quite some time:

Dez CAUGHT IT!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

10. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,856 Messages
    41,735 Likes Received
    Maryland is worse than Dallas. lol

11. charron

6,835 Messages
    7,115 Likes Received

You underestimate what Jerry can and will do. Jerry wouldn't let longtime friend/coach Garrett hire or fire his own staff but he will let another guy he's less personally involved with have that power? No. Jerry will sell this team as ready to win a SB and an alpha guy like Meyer or other will absolutely take it. Maybe some changes get made but no doubt Meyer or whoever will not have total control of their staff or players.

12. TheStarInFLA

TheStarInFLA Member

98 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    When I was ten and did something wrong and overcame my need for self preservation to lie and admitted that I did something wrong my Dad thanked me for acting like a man by being honest. By the time I was 15 I figured out that I could use “admitting my mistakes” as a way to skirt ultimate responsibility.

13. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,426 Messages
    6,753 Likes Received
    Be careful, you keep talking like this and the fan cops are gonna come after your fan card

Now, get back to being a good little soldier and put your head in the sand like a real fan!

[​IMG]

14. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

21,449 Messages
    17,991 Likes Received
    I haven't been duped. Don't really think most fans have. Most have known Jerry is a problem for years. Even if I didn't know, I still wouldn't call it being duped. Fandom is voluntary, and the Cowboys are simply the team I have always rooted for. Jerry didn't have to dupe me to make me a fan, or even keep me as one. It's just what I am. Disagreeing with the team or being frustrated with it doesn't change that.