Can we just get over this? Maybe. maybe not

ShiningStar

Reaction score
im a one team kinda guy.

its Dallas or none. i cant even see myself rooting for another team at this junction.

id rather walk away, which is where im at right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Remove or replace Garrett and nothing actually changes, the issues with the staff go deeper.

We are not structured to allow for quick fixes. It was Jerry who decided not to bring in a more decorated LB coach, ST coach, OL coach or OC. You can not change the culture of a team if your not the leader and Jerry is the undisputed leader of his teams culture. That is not changing anytime soon. So yes it happens to other teams, but not this one. We have no 1 person in control that will cut ties with coaches or players who underperform and hold people accountable, because only 1 can and he rarely does it.

This issues probably do go deeper but before we get too deep lets cover our bases with players and coaching because that is all we can really hope for.

If Jerry hires the right coach and lets them do their thing this team will win.

IF he hires a buddy like Garrett they will continue to waste whatever talent they bring in here.

The talent evaluators have done their job well.. Fix the coaching. They can win within this culture with good player and good coaching. They just have refused to put the 2 together because Jerry's ego has been tied to Garrett.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This issues probably do go deeper but before we get too deep lets cover our bases with players and coaching because that is all we can really hope for.

If Jerry hires the right coach and lets them do their thing this team will win.

IF he hires a buddy like Garrett they will continue to waste whatever talent they bring in here.

The talent evaluators have done their job well.. Fix the coaching. They can win within this culture with good player and good coaching. They just have refused to put the 2 together because Jerry's ego has been tied to Garrett.

That is the big if. If the new HC can pick his staff as they all need to be able to work together. if the new HC can cut bait and hire a new guy if a position coach isn't getting the job done. Those are huge and those are something Jerry wouldn't let one of his closest friends in garrett do, he's not changing now.

johneric8

Reaction score
Ok.

So we have been duped and suckered by Jerrah and Stephen for years now.

We have gone along with the dog and pony show while Jerrah has built real estate kingdoms and collected stadiums, training facilities and still the real reason we all pay attention is we love the team.

We do not love the Jones' and their greedy ways.

We like TDs, cheerleaders and good football on the Holidays.

There is not alot of that anymore folks.

Our team is about to go thru another crash and burn.

We are about to have to go thru another scene of Jerrah falling on his sword as he sails off in his new yatch to party.

We will be left to sifting thru the crash debris like a downed airliner.

But not this time..not me.

Jerrah..pour me a shot and let's talk Turkey.

Wild Turkey for me, thanx.

Now..

Jerrah here is the deal..

Until you start making football decisions that show you know what you are doing with this team..

allow me to stop lie-ing when people ask what's my favorite team becuz I will pause and.choke on Cowboys..

and say Texans instead..

you have made me into a tired fan of this show called the Dallas Cowboys.

You have forced me to stop worrying about your team nor CARE about how much Dak and Amari are going to get or who the next HC will be.

You have just killed it in me.

And fans like me who have watched this team for 50+ years probably agree..

If they do not agree, after 50+ years they are already dead from the waiting Dude.

Beginning to feel like your chances to take your team to another SB Jerrah is growing short?

Its shorter for all of us than you think.

Time to move on.

And after the ticket prices go up 20% in 2020 to cover all these new contracts the new Millennials will start to drop out.

Becuz soon they are going to have to decide whether they are going to be buying electric cars or buying tickets in ATT or not.

So I suggest we all consider making our changes as I am and get a backup team so you can afford to watch them on TV and not die 16 times a season with this group of rich losers.

Guess you can tell I am ticked of..huh?

:omg:

You sir, have the shortest paragraphs known to man! You are one with the space bar, I commend you! Having said that, I agree with much of what you said, but I do have to say that we are spoiled expecting our team to just keep winning as they did in many years past so we do have to temper our expectations just a bit.

The #1 issue I have with our team and I think many of us concur is the buffoon we have as an owner. He sounds like JR Ewing after he had been shot and half brain dead. He makes us a joke, and all the yes men around him allow it to keep happening. It really saddens me, and it makes it hard for me, or anyone to take the Cowboys serious.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think so. If we were to get a good HC, we have the talent to do really well next season.

The HC can only do so much. The best teams don't simply have a good HC they have really good position coaches typically ones that earned a shot (but failed) at being a HC. This is where we lack the most and Jerry has not and will not give power to a HC to hire or fire his staff. He did so with parcels to use parcels to help gather support for a stadium. Once done he began his old ways and parcels had enough.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That is the big if. If the new HC can pick his staff as they all need to be able to work together. if the new HC can cut bait and hire a new guy if a position coach isn't getting the job done. Those are huge and those are something Jerry wouldn't let one of his closest friends in garrett do, he's not changing now.

He won't get another high profile Bill Parcells type unless he gives them control.

Jerry has done it his way. It failed. The whole world is watching..

What are you going to do Jerry? Hire some scrub in the Garrett mold that has no business coaching a team like this or go get a high profile coach and focus on winning instead of your ego?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I only read the thread title:
I am over it and have been over it for quite some time:

Dez CAUGHT IT!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He won't get another high profile Bill Parcells type unless he gives them control.

Jerry has done it his way. It failed. The whole world is watching..

What are you going to do Jerry? Hire some scrub in the Garrett mold that has no business coaching a team like this or go get a high profile coach and focus on winning instead of your ego?

You underestimate what Jerry can and will do. Jerry wouldn't let longtime friend/coach Garrett hire or fire his own staff but he will let another guy he's less personally involved with have that power? No. Jerry will sell this team as ready to win a SB and an alpha guy like Meyer or other will absolutely take it. Maybe some changes get made but no doubt Meyer or whoever will not have total control of their staff or players.

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
So you're joining the Texans football forum and leaving this one? Is this your departing speech?
:huh:
When I was ten and did something wrong and overcame my need for self preservation to lie and admitted that I did something wrong my Dad thanked me for acting like a man by being honest. By the time I was 15 I figured out that I could use “admitting my mistakes” as a way to skirt ultimate responsibility.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Guess you can tell I am ticked of..huh?

Be careful, you keep talking like this and the fan cops are gonna come after your fan card

Now, get back to being a good little soldier and put your head in the sand like a real fan!

nnoL7d3.png

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't been duped. Don't really think most fans have. Most have known Jerry is a problem for years. Even if I didn't know, I still wouldn't call it being duped. Fandom is voluntary, and the Cowboys are simply the team I have always rooted for. Jerry didn't have to dupe me to make me a fan, or even keep me as one. It's just what I am. Disagreeing with the team or being frustrated with it doesn't change that.