Can we move on from Marinelli?

Big_D

Reaction score
Opposite a young, bright OC is the 0-16 coach and 70 year old DC!! I really didn't get the Monte Kiffin, Rod Marinelli hires to begin with? Then they followed that up with the Linehan hire? who is the next DC Ray Handley, Eric Mangini? lol Move Richard up and be done with it. It's time!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can we move on from the posts about moving on? KR has something to do with some of these bad games, his guys are getting torched as well..he is the asst DC/Passing game coordinator..he doesnt get pass from me and was let go by Seatle..

Might want to wait a bit..grass or field turf isnt always greener..:muttley:might get a rubber bead in yo eye..:lmao::popcorn:

Big_D

Reaction score
Can we move on from the posts about moving on? KR has something to do with some of these bad games, his guys are getting torched as well..he is the asst DC/Passing game coordinator..he doesnt get pass from me and was let go by Seatle..

Might want to wait a bit..grass or field turf isnt always greener..:muttley:might get a rubber bead in yo eye..:lmao::popcorn:

His guys? lol He's an assistant coach while the secondary is light years better than it's been in a long time. In this case when you have no grass it's greener. This is year 7 with Marinelli. You can usually gauge by now where you should be as a defense. Where the philosophy and scheme is. Richard gets the benefit of the doubt.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Opposite a young, bright OC is the 0-16 coach and 70 year old DC!! I really didn't get the Monte Kiffin, Rod Marinelli hires to begin with? Then they followed that up with the Linehan hire? who is the next DC Ray Handley, Eric Mangini? lol Move Richard up and be done with it. It's time!!!
Yes. Yes .

blueblood70

Reaction score
His guys? lol He's an assistant coach while the secondary is light years better than it's been in a long time. In this case when you have no grass it's greener. This is year 7 with Marinelli. You can usually gauge by now where you should be as a defense. Where the philosophy and scheme is. Richard gets the benefit of the doubt.
Light years Eli and the Jag group of NY WRs moved the ball at will.. Seatle Playoff game RW was lighting up that secondary late in that game.. I mean its what have you dont for me lately and the defense as a WHOLE hasn't been locking shizzle down homie..

Im saying stop giving KR a pass hes not be shining much of late and RM shouldnt get all the blame..it wasn't just the RG that was poor..

Big_D

Reaction score
Why move Richard up? What's he going to do as DC he isn't doing now? Marinelli basically just calls/coaches the DL, everything else is Richards.

He calls the line then. He changes everything he wants to about the entire 11 on the field. He asks for certain players on draft day the way Marinelli does? You need more?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why move Richard up? What's he going to do as DC he isn't doing now? Marinelli basically just calls/coaches the DL, everything else is Richards.
:hammer:I tried to tell that poster that..he cant see it.. LOL I saw a defense of late just giving up chunks of yards from run and pass..if KR wanted couldn't he walk over and discus adjustments with Rod? answer is yes but neither had an answer for the NY offense 500yards ughh..

Big_D

Reaction score
Light years Eli and the Jag group of NY WRs moved the ball at will.. Seatle Playoff game RW was lighting up that secondary late in that game.. I mean its what have you dont for me lately and the defense as a WHOLE hasn't been locking shizzle down homie..

Im saying stop giving KR a pass hes not be shining much of late and RM shouldnt get all the blame..it wasn't just the RG that was poor..

Again he's an assistant. lol. He gets the pass. Like blaming the TE coach when the offense isn't doing anything. New scapegoat?? If you truly want to make him responsible, you give him the responsibilities. Not this garbage. So it's his fault the team doesn't address safety? His corners are playing better than any group we've seen. Spin it how you want. But blaming him at this point is laughable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do believe its time to move on from RodM after this season just because well its time not because KR will be that much better..thats story will be told, will it be like Seatle where hes let go or does he actually make good changes..we shall see..

you also have to keep in mind that IF JG fails this year to take us to at least an NFCCG and maybe at least a trip not a win in a SB, a new HC is coming ..

he may not even keep any of this staff..this year lots of changes could be coming.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Again he's an assistant. lol. He gets the pass. Like blaming the TE coach when the offense isn't doing anything. New scapegoat?? If you truly want to make him responsible, you give him the responsibilities. Not this garbage. So it's his fault the team doesn't address safety? His corners are playing better than any group we've seen. Spin it how you want. But blaming him at this pointy is laughable.
he does have choice who he plays at safety.. hes chosen Heath and heath as captain.. comes on hes part of a team and staff hes the ADC and full passing game coordinator and they arent stopping a sneeze right now..you win and lose as a team and hes a big part of this defense and its struggling of late..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:hammer:I tried to tell that poster that..he cant see it.. LOL I saw a defense of late just giving up chunks of yards from run and pass..if KR wanted couldn't he walk over and discus adjustments with Rod? answer is yes but neither had an answer for the NY offense 500yards ughh..

I just think if you take marinelli out of the picture what changes? Play calling wouldn't change. Depending on who you bring in as the DL coach you may not like the changes made there as marinelli is still regarded as a dam good DL coach.

Big_D

Reaction score
he does have choice who he plays at safety.. hes chosen Heath and heath as captain.. comes on hes part of a team and staff hes the ADC and full passing game coordinator and they arent stopping a sneeze right now..you win and lose as a team and hes a big part of this defense and its struggling of late..

Should he have went with Iloka? lol And this is a group making these decisions. Garrett, Rod, Jerry they're all in on it. When you have limited options then you're kind of stuck.

Big_D

Reaction score
I just think if you take marinelli out of the picture what changes? Play calling wouldn't change. Depending on who you bring in as the DL coach you may not like the changes made there as marinelli is still regarded as a dam good DL coach.

Doesn't have to be Richard. Time for a young DC. Richard is the logical choice without going outside the organization. The way this team is currently built and the coaching that is in place, it would probably be better to stay in house.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with moving on from Marinelli but am not on board with moving Richard up because I haven't seen any evidence that he's the answer. His former HC is a D guy and didn't want him for the rebuild of a D team. He gets credit for the Legion of Boom when no one knows the extent of his involvement but the GM said that Carroll picked Chancellor, Sherman and Thomas to fit his defense.

However, they're not going to hire another DC unless Richard decides to go elsewhere.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marinelli is a great position coach. Y’all are on a witch hunt about him because you like Richard better, and it’s nonsense.