Can we move on from Marinelli?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not what I saw. Some act like it was a disaster. NY, IMO is a better team as some suggest. Some are harping about all the yards we allowed but aren't talking about the important stops the defense made. It wasn't elite or even great, but there were a handful of stops that got our offense the ball back. Their last TD was with 2 minutes left. I don't even think it mattered at that point. We also have to look forward to returning players, not to mention Lawrence had surgery not very long ago. When Quinn comes back that will be a plus.
Either way, it was one game and we put it away.
Yes sir, it is and no such thing as a bad win. If that O is for real, they do not have to play to keep the games close which has been the case. Garrett hasn't been conservative because he wants to, he feels he has to. He hasn't been able to trust the D so he feels the need to control the clock, just like Turner did when he was the backup. The difference was Turner could trust the D and turn the game over to them in the final 4-5 minutes. The D was every bit as good and as well coached as the O.

Romo used to catch a lot of heat for taking chances with the ball but he felt he had to make something happen not just on every drive but every play. Any team with a D they can trust affects the HC's game plan, OC's play calling and the QB's sense of urgency, which results in risky plays too many times.

The Cowboys have two more games to get the D ready because games 4 and 5 will put it to the test.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Sure, lets blame LVE. The all world rookie, suddenly looked lost come playoff time. 270 yards on the ground was all his fault. lol
It's the truth. Listen to football players that have played the game talk about it and they tend to agree. We definitely knew LVE was doing something wrong that game as Kris was in his face for the entire game. I recently heard ex-Cowboy Holley explain that on the long run by Saquon was the fault of LVE who was not were he needed to be to funnel Barkley to the corner Brown. Everyone on defense was were they were supposed to be except LVE. One person out of place on any defensive play will give up a long gain. That is what happen in the Rams game as well which is what a lot of us have been saying since that game.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
He isn’t though. He’s a good player who happens to be a punching bag because of his contract, and you just can’t tell the difference.

This is a good defense, and a good defensive coaching staff. You’re barking at cars because you like Richard. That’s fine. Fans do that sort of stupid stuff all the time, but it doesn’t make it right.

Zone “experts” - Marinelli sucks, the couple of guys on here who don’t think so are fools, you guys are isolated.

Every NFL expert analyst, ex-player, or coach that ever lived - *** are you talking about?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zone “experts” - Marinelli sucks, the couple of guys on here who don’t think so are fools, you guys are isolated.

Every NFL expert analyst, ex-player, or coach that ever lived - *** are you talking about?

Exactly. Echo chambers are pretty powerful. 3-4 guys being wrong in some corner of the internet can convince themselves about “consensus” on anything if they’re not careful. And of course they’re not ever careful.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe I. Am wrong, but I thought the players chose the captains?
even so why would they just choose some Jag tool of player the way some in here view him? Obviously the coaches and teammates see more in him and maybe we are a bit harsh on the guy..

not saying I think hes great but I dont think hes the Achilles heel of this D or the coaches would have found reason to demote him..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford is a JAG. You must be on crack.

It's hilarious. Marinelli is this team's defensive line coach and they're the worst part of the defense. Sacks? Nope middle of the pack at best, despite "selling out" everything else to rush the passer.

Well they stop the run well then, right? Nope. They were repeatedly manhandled by the better offensive lines they faced last year, none moreseo than the Rams putting 278 on them running them out of the playoffs.

And how have they picked up this year? More of the same, no sacks, and getting run all over once again.

But yeah, ol' Rod is great!
:thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Exactly. Echo chambers are pretty powerful. 3-4 guys being wrong in some corner of the internet can convince themselves about “consensus” on anything if they’re not careful. And of course they’re not ever careful.

So YOU say. I know for a fact that Jeff Heath is the worst safety evah, Jason Garrett doesn't do anything, Dak is our Tebow, and Goodell, Mara, and the refs are conspiring against the Cowboys. Open your eyes, man. :muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
To be clear, this is not a pro- or anti- coach post, but rather one focused on the players.

To me, it looked more like there were several players out of position and/or not hitting their (or the right) gaps against the Giants.

In any case, I judge the team by points allowed, not yards allowed. The defense allowed 17 points, which I will take any week.

If they start allowing a lot of points each game, then ALL of the defensive coaching staff should be put under microscope, not just one or two.
Those yards turn into points against playoff teams.