Can You Name 12 SS That Are Better Than Jeff Heath?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In no particular order.

1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Micah Hyde
3. Reshad Jones
4. Adrian Amos
5. Keanu Neal
6. Landon Collins
7. Patrick Chung
8. Jamal Adams
9. Andrew Zendejo
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?

Every other starting safety in the NFL and then probably about half the backups.

Was ranked as the WORST tackling safety in the NFL last year. What good is a SS that cant tackle?

kskboys

Reaction score
I will cheer for him and hope he has 15 interceptions and 100 tackles this season.

But I also am not a dullard and understand that despite the fact he plays SS for my team, he's just not really all that good.
I am cheering for us to find a better starter at FS and let Heath excel at his best role: ST's and nickel packages.

kskboys

Reaction score
Heath isnt a great S, but he was the starter on one of the best defenses in the NFL last year, and he's not THE reason we weren't #1 on defense.

He's a special teams ace that nobody would complain about if he were the #3 S. Unfortunately we aren't stacked everywhere and so he starts. Every team in the salary cap era has their Heaths.

Also:
2018: tied for 2nd most interceptions
2017: most interceptions
2016: tied for 2nd most interceptions
2015: most interceptions

On a team that barely intercepts the ball at least Heath has been as good as any other Cowboy the last 4 seasons, which is nice.
No, he really hasn't.

visionary

Reaction score
In no particular order.

1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Micah Hyde
3. Reshad Jones
4. Adrian Amos
5. Keanu Neal
6. Landon Collins
7. Patrick Chung
8. Jamal Adams
9. Andrew Zendejo
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?

Better than the greatness of Jeff Heath?

Not a chance

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
How do you define SS? Some of the guys you’re talking about are FS’s with SS responsibilities.

Like Devin McCourty, for instance, is a FS who could probably play SS better than Heath. Does he count?

irishline

Reaction score
Also:
2018: tied for 2nd most interceptions
2017: most interceptions
2016: tied for 2nd most interceptions
2015: most interceptions

This right here says is more about the sad state of how few interceptions the cowboys have had than it does about how good Health has or has not been.

By the way over the course of the 4 years you listed he had 7 interceptions total (a whopping 1.75 average per year). As an FYI the league leader each year over that span has at least 7...

Beaker42

Reaction score
Hyde
Fitzpatrick
Chung
Adam's
Jefferson
Burnett
Gibson
Harrison
Vacarro
Honey badger
James
Abram
Peppers
Jenkins
Collins
Amos
Neal
Reid
Bell
Baker
Johnson
McDougald

Outside of those, don't really see any starters better. But definitely don't see any worse projected starters
I’m not going to list every starting SS better than Heath because it’s easier to name those that aren’t:

none.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
This right here says is more about the sad state of how few interceptions the cowboys have had than it does about how good Health has or has not been.

By the way over the course of the 4 years you listed he had 7 interceptions total (a whopping 1.75 average per year). As an FYI the league leader each year over that span has at least 7...

Yep. Our team sucks at intercepting the ball and at least Heath pulls one down every now and then.

I'm not saying he's good at it but I am saying he's been the best at it on our team over his career.

In 2017 he got 3 and the whole team put together a whopping 7 more for 10 total.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The five greatest safeties of all time

1.) Jeff Heath
2.) Jeff Heath
3.) Jeff Heath
4.) Jeff Heath
5.) Jeff Heath
A well stated,and most admirable of insightfully astute observations I believe to have EVER witnessed being posted up, here at the CowboysZone forum, well done ,Sir! Well done,indeed:starspin:

:thumbup::clap::thumbup:

*following,,, NOW!*

dfense

Reaction score
Its simple economics. Once they unload all the $$$ they have on five players who have to be paid, Heath will be a steal.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dont see how you can argue that other Cowboys have been better at intercepting the ball than Heath over the last 4 years. He's led the team twice and came in second twice.
You said he has been as good as every other Cowboy. He's not close to DLaw, Lee, LVE, Woods, Hitchens, etc

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Heath is playing out of position at SS, particularly when he's in the box. Despite the hate he gets, he's actually pretty good as a single high FS. I was disappointed they gave it to Woods last year.

Heath is the Tyrone Crawford of the secondary. He plays where we need him, not where he plays best.