Can't access this forum at home

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
I recently did some overhauls to my computer, including backing up my favourites and restoring them on my new machine. When I go to access this forum from home, I get the message "404 - You do not have permission to access this server." I've tried deleting the shortcut and just accessing the site through other means, but I continue to get the same message. I can access this site no problem from work. Anybody have any ideas?

:banghead:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phrozen Phil said:
I recently did some overhauls to my computer, including backing up my favourites and restoring them on my new machine. When I go to access this forum from home, I get the message "404 - You do not have permission to access this server." I've tried deleting the shortcut and just accessing the site through other means, but I continue to get the same message. I can access this site no problem from work. Anybody have any ideas?

:banghead:

Very odd...do you have troubles with the other bookmarks you added?

Have you tried going to the site with a different net browser (netscape, mozilla firefox, opera)?

Also you may wish to clean out your history,cookies, cache, temp files (depending on the browser you are using).

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Very odd...do you have troubles with the other bookmarks you added?

Have you tried going to the site with a different net browser (netscape, mozilla firefox, opera)?

Also you may wish to clean out your history,cookies, cache, temp files (depending on the browser you are using).

I have no problem with other bookmarks, but I have not tried another browser. I have cleaned out my cache, but will repeat that process tonight. I do appreciate the quick reply and I 'll let you know how I do.

Thanks,

Phil Norris :bow:

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Good news! I downloaded Firefox and it's working fine. Many thanks to those here and the BrainPaint for the help.