Can't think of one player I would have signed for same money so far

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Maybe cheap is too strong but conservative certainly isn't far off.........
If you are the best at your position he pays them as such. If you are not then it takes time to work it out if the player is demanding more. IMO you should be conservative in those situations.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Obviously carrying over cap space is more important than talent to win football games. And my own perceived “value” based nothing at all is also extremely important. And Just watching my ‘Boys play on Sunday and be competitive is more than enough for me, no need to take chances and go for a super bowl.

^ the mentality of 75% of this board. Jerry is the greatest salesman ever...or they are just putting something in the water down in Texas to make you all soft and complacent...either 1
The Blue Kool-Aid flows like the real Jonestown

It is like we all have Stockholm Syndrome

UFA by definition is over-paying......it isn't Market Value ...it is paying a premium to get a player that fills a specific need immediately without using a Draft pick or waiting years to develop..... expecting the prices to be the same as extensions is a fools game and a Red Herring

We have needed a FS for a decade and we refuse to buy one
We aren't asking for the moon........ a FS, a DT and maybe a WR3 or RB3

tm1119

Reaction score
The Blue Kool-Aid flows like the real Jonestown

It is like we all have Stockholm Syndrome

UFA by definition is over-paying......it isn't Market Value ...it is paying a premium to get a player that fills a specific need immediately without using a Draft pick or waiting years to develop..... expecting the prices to be the same as extensions is a fools game and a Red Herring

We have needed a FS for a decade and we refuse to buy one
We aren't asking for the moon........ a FS, a DT and maybe a WR3 or RB3

That’s the crazy thing...people like you and I who are advocating signing FA’s aren’t saying we should be out dumping tons of $. We have the cap room to fill minimum 2 starting spots...and the front office just flat out refuses. There is a GIGANTIC middle ground between Jerry of the late 90’s/early 00’s and the Cowboys approach to free agency now.

I’d be happy with something as simple as Earl Thomas and Malcom Brown/Darius Philon. Obviously something like that can still happen, but to have any kind of confidence that it will would be just crazy.

Last edited: