Twitter: Captains: Dak, Zack, D-Law, Jaylon, Heath, Jones

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What do captains do other than stand in the middle of the field and call the coin toss? Maybe speak after a victory or loss in the locker room.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What do captains do other than stand in the middle of the field and call the coin toss? Maybe speak after a victory or loss in the locker room.

I would take it as a honor to be thought of that highly by my teammates.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2018 Team captains

QB Dak Prescott
RG Zack Martin
LB Sean Lee
DE Tyrone Crawford
P Chris Jones

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, well, that is all good and everything but what do captains really do? I really don't know.

It is more ceremonial than anything

NFL rule 18 details the guidelines for team captains. Within Rule 18, there are four articles that pertain to:

1. Number of Team Captains
  2. Coin Toss Procedures
  3. Choice on Penalty Option
  4. Change of [Team] Captains
Coin Toss Procedures – Each team can send as many as six team captains to the center of the field. On each team, one captain is designated the "speaking captain" of the delegation. The visiting team or the team designated "visitor" by the referee (if no team is declared 'visitor') shall choose "heads or tails" or in the case of a special ceremony coin, the options on the face and rear of that coin.

The winner of the coin toss have three options, 1. Defer the choice to the second half, 2. Receive/kick the ball, 3. Choose an end zone to defend. There is strategy in employing your election. It could depend on such conditions as weather, or making an aggressive statement at the beginning of the game, or something simple as coming out of the locker room in the second half receiving the ball.

After the winning captain makes their choice, the opposing team captain chooses from the remaining two options.

Choice on Penalty Option(s) – The offended team captain has a choice of accepting a penalty enforcement or declining, except where said penalty is automatically "enforced by rule." In some circumstances, a team captain may elect to "decline" the penalty. This typically happens in a situation in which declining the penalty may mean that the next down should occur (3rd or 4th). A good example would be on an "offensive holding" enforcement, the defensive team might elect a "4th down and 5 yards to gain" v. a "3rd down and 15 yards to gain."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_team_captains

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everybody always gives Jeff such a hard time. I don't want an entire team of Jeff's . But I'll take at least four of them. You have to have guys like this on your team.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron doesn't speak
This reminds me of Larry Allen. Normal loud mouth DE's/DT's keep there mouths shut and never talk to either one of them because there scared ****-less

Timestamped. Guys like Tyron and Allen are so feared and good that they literally never have to stay anything, they just show up and murder people

EDIT: NFL blocked the timestamp. Its at 2m 15sec

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
giphy.gif
2 captains in that shot!