Cardinals Blog: Why we love to hate the Dallas Cowboys *Merge*

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mascot.jpg

The Cowboys mascot is always smiling - win or lose.
(Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

In the American sports world, the NFL is king. Franchises are valued in the billions, revenue generated by the league seems infinite and Super Bowl Sunday might as well be a national holiday.

In this almighty league, one team seems to stand above all others when it comes to bringing out hatred from fans: the Dallas Cowboys.

Commanders fans hate the Cowboys. Giants fans do too. Eagles fans? No doubt. And don't count out Cardinals fans.

But what is it about the Cowboys that fills all other fans with such loathing?

» Click here to get started on ... Why we love to hate the Dallas Cowboys

Definitely follow the links, some amusing stuff..

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/1008cowboysintro.html

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
hahaha that was fun to link through

embrace that hate !!!!

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Lol. The pics of the Cheerleaders and them saying they cheer for Dallas.

Lol.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I am glad that I love my team more then hating some other team.

The must don't know that hate is our fuel for success. :)

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/1008cowboysintro.html#
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/1008cowboysintro.html#

Wow I never knew that the Commanders, Eagles and Giants fans hate the Cowboys. I guess it's just like us hating those 3 teams, Steelers fans hating the Browns, Bears fans hating the Packers etc. etc. Well I guess you learn something new everyday!

:sarcasm:

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
The Cardinals hate everyone, because they suck ***, and have never won anything!!!

jcollins28

Reaction score
LOL you are they kidding? Arizona has been like a home game for the Cowboys for decades...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You know what is sad.

When you look at the numbers, there defense appears better than ours.

and they gave up 56 in one game.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goliadmike;2319063 said:
Even hating the cheerleaders...Man, that's one sad franchise.
They couldn't think of anything negative to say so they went with "They cheer for the Cowboys.":laugh2:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2319098 said:
You know what is sad.

When you look at the numbers, there defense appears better than ours.

and they gave up 56 in one game.
Sometimes numbers lie.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2319103 said:
They couldn't think of anything negative to say so they went with "They cheer for the Cowboys.":laugh2:

If they are going to hate then they should hate Rowdy. I know I do!!!

Route 66

Reaction score
Read this over at arizonacentral and found some whining....

Oh, fair warning-this article reeks of sour grapes and crapola.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/1008cowboys1.html

Why we love to hate the Dallas Cowboys
Leonard Davis

Former Texas All-America lineman Leonard Davis was drafted by the Cardinals with the No. 2 overall pick in 2001. Over the next six seasons, "Bigg" would not live up to the selection with Arizona.

Davis bounced around on the Cardinals offensive line, from right guard to right tackle to left tackle. The highly touted lineman was no stranger to penalties, and he failed to earn Pro Bowl honors.

Following the 2006 season, the Cardinals decided to let Davis test the free-agent market. In April 2007, Davis signed a 7-year contract with nearly $50 million with the Cowboys. In a Forbes magazine study that year, Davis ranked 19th among the highest earners in professional sports, tops among all NFL players.

After years of letting down Cardinals fans, Davis exceeded expectations for Dallas, becoming an integral part of one of the league's most productive units. In his first season with the Cowboys, Davis was named to his first Pro Bowl and was also a second-team All-Pro selection by the Associated Press.

The Cardinals' Leonard "False Start" Davis evolved into the Cowboys' Leonard "All-Pro" Davis over the course of a season.

--------------------------

The cornerback formerly known as "Pacman" is a prime example of the criminal culture sometimes associated with the NFL.

The Tennessee Titans' first-round pick in 2005, Jones displayed remarkable talent on the field. However, it was his knack for getting in trouble off it that led to a yearlong suspension.

Jones' rap sheet includes: numerous arrests stemming from nightclub altercations, a 2006 misdemeanor assault charge for spitting in the face of a female student, and the notorious 2007 NBA All-Star Game strip-club shooting incident, which brought the phrase "making it rain" into mainstream vernacular.

Despite the suspension, Jones had a brief career in 2007 as a professional wrestler with Total Nonstop Action.

In 2008, after sitting out an entire season, Jones found a home with the Cowboys. Funny how that works.

----------------------

Owens ranks among the best wide receivers ever. Owens entertains millions with his highlight-reel performances and end-zone celebrations. Owens will end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

So why is a player with these accolades hated by most NFL fans? Is it his larger-than-life persona? Is it the endless criticism of former teammates and coaches? Is it that his love for the camera and self-promotion?

It's almost too easy to find reasons to hate T.O. Heck, YouTube alone provides a greatest hits in the history of the diva:

----------------------

The current starting quarterback for the Cowboys is one of the greater success stories in recent NFL history. An undrafted free agent, Romo rose from unknown backup QB to inspiring the term "Romosexuals" for his most devoted fans.

So how can this true American success story be reviled?

Easy. Romo has the good fortune of being surrounded by top-level talent on the so-called America's Team.

Would Romo be a two-time Pro Bowler with a different set of teammates? Would his ascension has been as effortless with any other franchise? Would he be carousing with pop-star princesses anywhere else? Whether he's romping around Mexico with Jessica Simpson or fumbling the ball in the playoffs, Tony Romo has a better life than you. And that smile proves he knows it.

-----------------------------

Much like the quarterback for the Cowboys, head coach Wade Phillips has got it pretty easy.

His father, Bum Phillips, was a longtime football coach who gave Wade his first professional coaching job with the Houston Oilers (It's always who you know).

Before joining the Cowboys, Phillips had been the head coach at New Orleans, Denver, Buffalo and Atlanta without much to show for it. Then he inherits a loaded team from a sure-fire Hall of Fame coach, and has accumulated a 17-4 record with Dallas.

So why doesn't his name surface among the best coaches in the league? Probably because he is considered by many to be a puppet for egomaniacal owner Jerry Jones (more on him shortly).

Nobody likes a "yes-man."

----------------------

There is no shortage of fan disgust for owners in the NFL. The Raiders' Al Davis, the Commanders' Dan Snyder, the Lions' William Ford and even our own Bill Bidwill all receive their share of hate mail.

But among this elite group, the Cowboys owner is one of a kind.

Whether its his day-to-day involvement in the franchise, his love for the camera, or his countless facelifts, Jones (and his ego) are nearly impossible to digest.

---------------

Few fan bases in professional sports are as loud, obnoxious and innumerous across the globe. You would be hard-pressed to locate a corner of America that doesn't have at least one Cowboys fan trolling around.

Arizona fans still hope for a time when the silver-and-blue stars aren't visible at Cowboys-Cardinals home games. (Although it's always worth a chuckle to see some dopey fan wearing an Eddie George or Drew Bledsoe jersey. How did that work out for ya?)

---------------

THE DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS.

They cheer for the Cowboys. That's all there is to say.

-----------------

'Tis hard to believe that this unlovable club is an expansion team, but that's exactly what happened in 1960, when Dallas was awarded an NFL franchise.

In their 48 years of existence, the Cowboys also inspired countless jokes (The Cowboys had a 12-and-4 season this year: 12 arrests, 4 convictions), a book titled I Hate the Dallas Cowboys: And Who Elected Them America's Team Anyway? and this azcentral.com list.

However, the Cowboys have managed to build a nationwide legion of fans, win 10 conference championships and five Super Bowl championships. ... What's that? FIVE championships? Is there still room on that bandwagon?

How 'bout them Cowboys!