Cardinals pleading for fans to not sell tix...

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
their tickets to Arizona Cowboys fans!!!

Coach, QB hope fans don't sell out

Tickets to Cowboys game likely valuable

161 commentsby Bob McManaman - Oct. 7, 2008 12:07 AM
The Arizona Republic
In light of the nation's wilting economic situation, the Cardinals can almost understand why season-ticket holders might be tempted to sell their seats to rabid Dallas Cowboys fans for Sunday's game at University of Phoenix Stadium.
But after going 8-2 at home under coach Ken Whisenhunt, including 2-0 this year, the Cardinals said Monday that they hope fans don't get soft and look for the easy money.
"Absolutely, I'm hopeful," Whisenhunt said. OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1')
"I know from people having discussed this with me, that this is something that's happened in the past here and I hope all our fans hold onto their tickets and support us. We have another good team coming in this weekend, and it's definitely to our advantage to have the crowd behind us."
Quarterback Kurt Warner was more direct about fans potentially giving up their seats to Dallas fans.
"I think it stinks," he said Monday. "It's always hard to tell somebody not to sell something when they can make money on it. But we want our advantage. We've fought hard for that. The fans have done a tremendous job sticking with us and now we're developing something. I just hope we can get to the point where it doesn't matter who comes into this building.
"Whether half the town is from Dallas or anywhere else, Chicago or whatever, that somehow we can turn them into Cardinals fans to the point they say, 'I don't care what you're offering me, I want to go see my Cardinals play.' "

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Even if their fans don't sell there will still be more Cowboys fans than Cardinals fans.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2316892 said:
Sell......sell.....

trading_places1.jpg

:lmao2:

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
This is like when Raiders play in San Diego and Chargers refuse to sell people tickets only to that game. You gotta buy tickets to that game and two additional games or you get nothing. Stadium is still mostly Raider fans.

How does Kurt Warner wanna give the fans advice when he isn't even sure if he wants to play the next game or not?

yentl911

Reaction score
Regardless, we will have a ton of Pokes fans at the game.........

Don Corleone

Reaction score
R8erFan4Ever;2316906 said:
This is like when Raiders play in San Diego and chargers refuse to sell people tickets only to that game. You gotta buy tickets to that game and two additional games or you get nothing.

Not sure if you've ever seen an Arizona vs. Dallas game, but a view of the crowd is almost comical. There is a sea of blue and white with an occasional red shirt in the mix.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
All I care about is us getting out of there with a W. I don't care if they manage to allow only 4 Cowboys fans into the place as long as the Boys walk out of there with a W.

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2316917 said:
Not sure if you've ever seen an Arizona vs. Dallas game, but a view of the crowd is almost comical. There is a sea of blue and white with an occasional red shirt in the mix.

Yup, nothing wrong with that. They might get a little more support this year since they are competetive.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
well i will be up in the upper level where we had to go buying single game tickets, and i'm counting on my fellow Cowboy fans to be surrounding me up there!!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
R8erFan4Ever;2316923 said:
Yup, nothing wrong with that. They might get a little more support this year since they are competetive.

True, but a friend of mine is a season ticket holder in Arizona, and he claims that his section is filled with "dual fans". They simply exchange their normal Cardinals gear for their Cowboys gear when Dallas is there to play. Not sure how many dual fans there are, but I think that is one reason why it usually seems like a home game for Dallas. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

MONT17

Reaction score
Thanx 4 the heads up ill bring a change of clothes to buy tix!

RottnLivr

Reaction score
Been to that new statdium in Glendale and have to say it was like a Cowboy home game. I started to feel sorry for the Cardinal fans, but I got over it by the time I finished my first beer.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If they are so worried about it then they should offer to purchase the tickets back.

RottnLivr

Reaction score
Hey Ra8er how are you enjoying Thomas Howard? Used to watch him play at UTEP. That guy is incredible.

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
RottnLivr;2316966 said:
Hey Ra8er how are you enjoying Thomas Howard? Used to watch him play at UTEP. That guy is incredible.

I like the Morrison and Howard combo. I just wish we had a 3rd.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The more Zona fans there the better...we are a better road team anyways.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Aridzona, just give up and become Cowboys Jr.
You guise know that the Cowboys are more popular than Sandra Day O'Connor or the Cardinals in your state so just give up.

I credit Hos for keeping the Cowboys the most popular team there.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Yea good luck with that Cardinals... you cant keep Cowboys fans out of ur stadium we OWN u!!! haha