Carpenter vs Walden

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Carpenter = 11 tackles

Walden = 10 tackles

Great pick Bill!! Way to cut the wrong guy Wade!!

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Not to pile on the guy, but I was looking for 54 on all special teams plays this week and nada. He was playing right ?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'd still like to know the story behind releasing Walden. It was reported that some on the staff didn't want to cut him -- I have to think Wade didn't really want to, since he was a Wade guy from the start. I'm guessing this is one of those things where Jerry "broke the tie". (Hopefully it wasn't Campo arguing for Ball, or something like that.)

Anyway... I still wish he had him. Besides special teams, IMO we need a young outside backer because Ellis is aging quickly and Ware needs a rest sometimes. Even if he wasn't ready this year, maybe he would have been by next year with a year's experience on the practice field and in the weight room. Now I think we need to draft one again next year.

Oh well. :eek::

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Living up here I can tell you the Chiefs are pretty high on Waldon.

I wish we could have found a way to keep him.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It is hard to say what should have been done. In retrospect, I would say we should have cut Berger since he serves no useful role here as the 3rd backup at guard.

I too was surprised by the move considering how thin we are at LB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2403989 said:
I'd still like to know the story behind releasing Walden. It was reported that some on the staff didn't want to cut him -- I have to think Wade didn't really want to, since he was a Wade guy from the start. I'm guessing this is one of those things where Jerry "broke the tie". (Hopefully it wasn't Campo arguing for Ball, or something like that.)

Anyway... I still wish he had him. Besides special teams, IMO we need a young outside backer because Ellis is aging quickly and Ware needs a rest sometimes. Even if he wasn't ready this year, maybe he would have been by next year with a year's experience on the practice field and in the weight room. Now I think we need to draft one again next year.

Oh well. :eek::

I agree, and again, it reflects that Wade doesn't seem to put his foot down.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2403991 said:
Living up here I can tell you the Chiefs are pretty high on Waldon.

I wish we could have found a way to keep him.
The guy looked really good in preseason. Looked a lot like Spencer.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I really think if Carp saw the field he would make some plays. He certainly can't be any worse than Bradie James in coverage.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
blame pacman.

We had to stay one man heavy at corner because when you have a tool like pacman jones on your roster you have to assume he will only play part of the season. And that is all he did.

If we never brought pacman in we would have ball just like we do now anyway and walden.

Jerry Jones, GM, Hero of the stupid.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2404190 said:
blame pacman.

We had to stay one man heavy at corner because when you have a tool like pacman jones on your roster you have to assume he will only play part of the season. And that is all he did.

If we never brought pacman in we would have ball just like we do now anyway and walden.

Jerry Jones, GM, Hero of the stupid.
All this over a guy with 10 tackles.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2404198 said:
All this over a guy with 10 tackles.

10 special teams tackles!!!!!

Its just the priniciple of it with me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2404200 said:
10 special teams tackles!!!!!

Its just the priniciple of it with me.
Would he even have that with us if we'd not kept Pacman? At least Pacman gave us a handful of starts at corner, maybe even more to come.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Is this a real question?

You do realize that one is an OLB/DE type and the other is an ILB...we do have to have backups at ILB, right? It's apples and oranges.

Burnett and Carp back up the ILB positions.

To keep Walden, we'd have had to cut an OLB or someone at another position...maybe DBs where we kept so many....that wouldn't look good right now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2404204 said:
Would he even have that with us if we'd not kept Pacman? At least Pacman gave us a handful of starts at corner, maybe even more to come.

Impossible to know, he would have had a really tough time being active.

But with all the injuries I am sure they would have recognized his ability on special teams and played him.

We have polk now, maybe he would have played his role.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2404211 said:
Impossible to know, he would have had a really tough time being active.

But with all the injuries I am sure they would have recognized his ability on special teams and played him.

We have polk now, maybe he would have played his role.
Polk's been a stud on S/T.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DBOY3141;2403974 said:
Carpenter = 11 tackles

Walden = 10 tackles

Great pick Bill!! Way to cut the wrong guy Wade!!

How much playing time, how many plays?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2404217 said:
Polk's been a stud on S/T.

Yep. But he is a short timer, walden could have been here long term.

I do like polk though. I thought we were going to sign him before the first game.

Since you were at the tampa game you could see him in the stands before kicks, during the tv breaks. He is a spark plug.

If this offense can get this season turned around, guys like him and davis can really get some energy into this team and the stadium during the final 4 critical home games.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2404225 said:
Yep. But he is a short timer, walden could have been here long term.

I do like polk though. I thought we were going to sign him before the first game.

Since you were at the tampa game you could see him in the stands before kicks, during the tv breaks. He is a spark plug.

If this offense can get this season turned around, guys like him and davis can really get some energy into this team and the stadium during the final 4 critical home games.
Yeah, we need more guys like him to get the rest of our lazy bums excited. He was all over the place before that forced fumble. Right before it I thought, "This guy's going to lay into somebody."