Carson Wentz was only worth a 2nd and 3rd round pick

Chuck 54

Reaction score
From what I just saw, the Eagles only got a 3rd this year. The 2nd is a conditional pick next year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Colts
  • losing Anthony Castonzo at Tackle. He had a nice career but was on his last legs
  • Their oline, anchored by 3 time All-Pro Quinten Nelson, is still very loaded, and a top 5 unit in the NFL
  • The RB tandem of Jonathan Taylor and Nyheim Hines is better than average
  • They loved their three rookie WRs last year--especially Michal Pitman. They suffered early injuries and had setbacks. TY Hilton is getting long in the tooth, so they need to add to this unit.
  • Their defesne is top 10 or better in the league in both total defense and scoring defense
  • They have a couple of the best young defensive players (Darius Leonard and Deforest Buckner) in the whole NFL....so a great foundation.
Overall, taking away the QB, Indy has one of the 5-6 best all-around rosters in the NFL

Reactions: Coy

DFWJC

Reaction score
From what I just saw, the Eagles only got a 3rd this year. The 2nd is a conditional pick next year.
Hey Chuck
fwiw
The conditional part is between them getting a 2nd or, more likely, a 1st......it's not conditional on whether they will get the pick or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he will be solid with that team , wentz decline is bit exaggerated , he lost some confidence but the team around him fell apart , shook his confidence...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's not true at all. They could be like 5-7 and a game out in the division. He'd play that 13th game.
Why would he? If the Colts are on the verge of a top 5-10 pick why on earth would they keep playing him at 5-7? He's bad enough to go 5-7 but good enough to win 4 in a row just to miss out on the playoffs?

pancakeman

Reaction score
Eagles got heat for pulling their healthy second-string QB for a quarter of a meaningless game. I'd really be surprised if the Colts pull their healthy first-string QB for a quarter of a meaningless season!

uvaballa

Reaction score
Eagles can still get a first rounder but they didn’t get much for him. I guess that big contract hurt his trade value.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why would he? If the Colts are on the verge of a top 5-10 pick why on earth would they keep playing him at 5-7? He's bad enough to go 5-7 but good enough to win 4 in a row just to miss out on the playoffs?
Because 9-8 could win the division. They wouldn't have to win out.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hey Chuck
fwiw
The conditional part is between them getting a 2nd or, more likely, a 1st......it's not conditional on whether they will get the pick or not.
Exactly. But the only guarantee is a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. In my opinion, the Rams were fleeced for Stafford and the Eagles were fleeced for Wentz, who is going to eat up 38 million on their cap this year.
Both the Rams and Eagles could prove me wrong, but before I pay 38 million in dead money, I keep Wentz and make him compete. Make sure he shows something in preseason and hope to trade him when a contender loses its QB.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Once again...they would be bad enough to go 5-7 but be good enough to go 4-1 down the stretch?
Yes that's how it works. But again, you're exaggerating. The point is that, if they're within a game or two of the division, they aren't going to bench the quarterback with 5 games to go. Just doesn't happen.

But besides, because of schedule, injuries...there are a million things that play into a team turning it around. The Cowboys started 3-5 and then went 7-1 the rest of the way just two years ago.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I bet Frank Reich and the Colts GM are sipping some Old Ripy, patting themselves on the back and wondering how they pulled that off.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Colts
  • losing Anthony Castonzo at Tackle. He had a nice career but was on his last legs
  • Their oline, anchored by 3 time All-Pro Quinten Nelson, is still very loaded, and a top 5 unit in the NFL
  • The RB tandem of Jonathan Taylor and Nyheim Hines is better than average
  • They loved their three rookie WRs last year--especially Michal Pitman. They suffered early injuries and had setbacks. TY Hilton is getting long in the tooth, so they need to add to this unit.
  • Their defesne is top 10 or better in the league in both total defense and scoring defense
  • They have a couple of the best young defensive players (Darius Leonard and Deforest Buckner) in the whole NFL....so a great foundation.
Overall, taking away the QB, Indy has one of the 5-6 best all-around rosters in the NFL

So, I guess Rivers must have really stunk it up because that stacked a team only needed a bus driver and Rivers couldn’t do that. Or the WR injuries killed them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So, I guess Rivers must have really stunk it up because that stacked a team only needed a bus driver and Rivers couldn’t do that. Or the WR injuries killed them.
Well, they did win 11 games.....and pretty much everyone except the Colts thought Rivers was long over the hill.

They lost a very close road playoff game to the Bills.
That's a pretty decent year
For perspective, Dallas has not one a single road playoff game since 1995...and Dallas, even with Troy, was 1-4 in road playoff games.

Rivers ended up having a somewhat respectable year...even above average

Also, even with the WR injuries, they could use another WR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes that's how it works. But again, you're exaggerating. The point is that, if they're within a game or two of the division, they aren't going to bench the quarterback with 5 games to go. Just doesn't happen.

But besides, because of schedule, injuries...there are a million things that play into a team turning it around. The Cowboys started 3-5 and then went 7-1 the rest of the way just two years ago.
I’m exaggerating but you think a AFC team will go 9-8 next year and get into the playoffs lol? Cowboys traded for Amari Cooper and got better.

Nav22

Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Traded up to draft this BUM at #2 overall, and that’s the return for him????

@Risen Star
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Eww

Jerry Jones getting Dak in 2016 should of made him Gm of the year

you don’t read much do you...Jerry did everything he could to get 2 other quarterbacks and when they were gone he was left with Dak to pick...