Carson Wentz was only worth a 2nd and 3rd round pick

cowboyec

Reaction score
Exactly.

And what's even more amazing......there are people here who want to pay Dak a whole lot MORE than what Goff and Wentz received. :facepalm:

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.....but in a more painful way.
he's better than both so i think he'll make his own history...instead of repeating theirs.
who knows.
maybe we get russell wilson and none of this will matter.
until its time to pay wilson.

Reactions: CWR

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Every QB drafted in the 1st round from 2009-2016 is no longer with the team that drafted them.

0-22

Drafting a QB is hard.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Every QB drafted in the 1st round from 2009-2016 is no longer with the team that drafted them.

0-22

Drafting a QB is hard.
so you mean they all ain't Troy Aikman or Patrick Mahomes?
get out of town.
i've been told by folks round here just draft a QB in rd 1.
like taking candy from a baby.
now you tell me its not like that at all.
imagine that.
soooo......pay Dak...build around him thru the draft.
way better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That division is trash, so yes.

And yes, I'm including the Titans.

But you're still missing the point. They aren't benching Wentz if their in the divisional race at week 12/13. Which they will, even if they aren't good. It doesn't matter what their end record would be.
Then they are idiots then. If its week 12 and they have 5 wins like I said above and they keep Wentz out there? They are idiots.

If they have 5 wins there's a real big chance Wentz is the reason why.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would agree, but they kinda lucked into getting Dak lol
Lucked into Dak even playing. Two QBs had to go down at the last minute, with no decent veteran alternative available. And then without that oline and Zeke, Dak's rookie season probably doesn't look so good either.

I expect that there are more Daks in the league who never did get their chance.

Romo could have easily been one of those "never beens" too. 3 years without a pass. Like Dak, guys ahead of him had to fail for him to get his chance. Quincy. Hutchinson. Stoerner. Bledsoe. Henson? Probably more I don't remember anymore.

Tony developed with his years on the bench, but in his rookie year, Woodson said he was still the best QB on the team. Told Tony that.

Nice chronological recount of the Tony Romo story, in the words of people with the Cowboys.
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/star-made/story?id=43129260

If you want to pay free agent money to a franchise QB, Dak is a good pick. But I think the QB market is a bubble. Overpriced once you get past the guys a lock for the HOF.

I'm convinced there are more QBs like Tony and Dak who just need a chance, and without a mountain of guaranteed money in them, you can run them more, getting more out of them, while you spend all the saved cap to build a strong team around them.

I'd rather churn young guys than hitch the team to Dak for 40mil for the next 5 years. Would have been happy to sign Brady last year while we churned. Would have been happy to play Dalton last year too.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
If Reich can get Carson’s head right again they got a steal.
Yep. Indy just got a lot better, IMO.

Prepare thyselves for the wrath of one @RisenStar........God Speed.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles got a 1st and a 3rd for Wentz. The Colts have a good chance of making the playoffs, and Wentz has an excellent chance of playing 75% of the plays.

I think the Eagles hurt Wentz's value when they benched him for Hurts, a rookie with limited passing skills right now. That, and all the negative press coming out of Philly, made Wentz look like damaged goods.

So, first less on for the Cowboys, keep the messaging about Dak positive. The team loves him. He is great. His recovery is ahead of schedule. He will be 100%. blah, blah, blah. That's how you get 2 first round picks for Dak.