Casey Anthony trial starts today...*Found not guilty*

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CNN) -- Opening statements began Tuesday in the Orlando trial of Casey Anthony, accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2008 and lying about it to investigators.

At 5 a.m., more than 30 potential spectators were lined up to get tickets to get inside the courtroom, according to In Session producer Nancy Leung. In an hour, that number had swelled to more than 50 -- with a full three hours to go before court began.

One woman said she took time off from her job in Chicago and bought a last-minute ticket to be at the trial. Another woman planned her vacation around opening statements, and a third, from England, happened to be in town for a wedding and decided to come.

The first 50 people in line received tickets to get inside. Also in the courtroom were Casey Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony

Anthony, now 25, wore a loose-fitting white tunic for the first day of her trial. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. She chatted with her defense attorneys before court was called to order, as boxes of evidence were carried into the courtroom, but appeared somewhat anxious and subdued.

Caylee was last seen June 16, 2008. Six months later, the little girl's skeletal remains were found in woods about a quarter of a mile from the home of her grandparents. Anthony had also lived there, but moved out about the time the child was last seen.

In addition to capital murder, Anthony faces six other charges, including aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and providing false information to authorities. If she is convicted by jurors -- seven women, five men and five alternates -- she could face the death penalty.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/24/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html?hpt=T1

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope she gets the maximum the court can levy against her.

However I have to say that I find it pretty sad that you have people from Chicago and as far away as England coming to see the trial or people taking time off of work to go down to see the trial.

I could understand if you would have some kind of connection to the person...but seriously traveling across the country or world so you can sit in on the trial...really bizarre to me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3957352 said:

However I have to say that I find it pretty sad that you have people from Chicago and as far away as England coming to see the trial or people taking time off of work to go down to see the trial.

I could understand if you would have some kind of connection to the person...but seriously traveling across the country or world so you can sit in on the trial...really bizarre to me.

I agree. I would not do it but I guess because people have followed this from the start as a missing child case to then finding out she lied and now is the accused killer it has really struck a nerve with many people.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I would only want to be there if I was on the jury.

Otherwise I do not want to hear the details of what happened to that baby.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
From Florida Department of Corrections

Means of execution:
In January 2000, the Florida Legislature passed legislation that allows lethal injection as an alternative method of execution in Florida. Florida administers executions by lethal injection or electric chair at the execution chamber located at Florida State Prison. The three-legged electric chair was constructed from oak by Department of Corrections personnel in 1998 and was installed at Florida State Prison (FSP) in Starke in 1999. The previous chair was made by inmates from oak in 1923 after the Florida Legislature designated electrocution as the official mode of execution. (Prior to that, executions were carried out by counties, usually by hanging.) The apparatus that administers the electric current to the condemned inmate was not changed. It is regularly tested to ensure proper functioning. For a photograph of the modified execution chamber, electric chair and lethal injection gurney,

The executioner: Is a private citizen who is paid $150 per execution. State law allows for his or her identity to remain anonymous.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3957352 said:

Personally, I think they should close it to the public. These emotional issues, there's too big of a chance that a pure spectator will have an outburst in the courtroom. That happened the other day. The jury selection was held at an undisclosed location. They should do that with the trial too.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3957352 said:

Bizarre is to kind of a word.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Her defense team is saying she went in denial after Caylee drowned in a swimming pool.

All evidence to the contrary.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
zrinkill;3957608 said:
Her defense team is saying she went in denial after Caylee drowned in a swimming pool.

All evidence to the contrary.
There were intimations that the defense team is going to throw Casey's parents under the bus with some bombshell information. I got the impression it was of a sexually abusive nature from what I read. I think I saw her lead counsel quoted as saying something to the effect of, "everyone will be shocked."

Seemed like desperation to me at the time.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
peplaw06;3957619 said:
There were intimations that the defense team is going to throw Casey's parents under the bus with some bombshell information. I got the impression it was of a sexually abusive nature from what I read. I think I saw her lead counsel quoted as saying something to the effect of, "everyone will be shocked."

Seemed like desperation to me at the time.

So the latest word I've heard is that the defense is going to claim that Caylee drowned. Casey's father allegedly told Casey to lie about it and Casey was willing to lie because she was molested by her father and brother.

I can just see the jury's eyes rolling in the back of their head.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
peplaw06;3958148 said:
So the latest word I've heard is that the defense is going to claim that Caylee drowned. Casey's father allegedly told Casey to lie about it and Casey was willing to lie because she was molested by her father and brother.

I can just see the jury's eyes rolling in the back of their head.

Thats what happened ...... watched pieces of it yesterday afternoon.

She also claimed the guy who found the body was working for her dad.

And the police helped all the other "conspirators" in framing her.

I hope she gets the chair and her sleazeball lawyer never gets another case.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After being caught in a lie by police as they were investigating a missing person I doubt the jury is going to buy into this story unless the defense has some concrete evidence to prove she was abused by her father

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That whole family is an embarrassment to to the US and mankind, in general.

What were the founding fathers thinking when they outlawed cruel and inhumane punishment? This whole family begs for some serious punishment. The crueler, the better. The more inhumane, the better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyfriend's roommates:

During that time, Anthony was living with the boyfriend, Anthony Lazzaro, in an Orlando apartment Lazzaro shared with others. The roommates, Cameron Campana and Nathan Lezniewicz, testified that they knew Anthony before she moved in, and had met her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Caylee was last seen on June 16, although authorities were not notified she was missing until July 15.

While Anthony was staying at the apartment, she cooked, cleaned and did laundry, the two testified. She would talk on the phone, always going outside to do so. But she never mentioned that Caylee was missing, had been kidnapped, that she was looking for her or ask for help, both men said.

"She seemed just the same," Campana said. "Nothing had changed. She was happy. She seemed, you know, excited about life."

Lezniewicz said after Anthony moved in, no one saw Caylee again. When they asked about the little girl, Anthony told them that Caylee was with her nanny at Universal Studios and that the nanny was taking her to Cocoa Beach.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Most people would be frantic if they couldn't find their baby for 10 minutes! They have video of her in Target buying cases of beer and clothes to go out and party (she forged checks on a friend's checking acct to pay for it)! She entered a hot body contest and partied the night away like she didn't have a care in the World. Does this girl have a conscience? I can't wrap my mind around it. :confused:

They investigated her computer history and found where she had done a search on Chloroform! When they got her car out of the impound, it smelled like human decomposition.

Something is very wrong with this girl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Brother testifies

Lee Anthony told jurors in his sister's capital murder trial he arrived at his parents' house after being contacted by his father and asked to go. He said shortly after he arrived about 8 p.m., his mother Cindy Anthony came home, with his sister in tow.

The two were arguing about Caylee's whereabouts, Lee Anthony said. At that point, according to Cindy Anthony's previous testimony, she had not seen her daughter or granddaughter for weeks. She testified she found her daughter only after contacting a friend and being led to the home of Casey Anthony's then-boyfriend.

Casey Anthony kept insisting the little girl was with her nanny, Lee Anthony said, and could be picked up the next day. She maintained Caylee was already asleep by that point and she didn't want to disturb her or disrupt her routine.

Lee Anthony told jurors he offered to go get Caylee or have his roommate do it. "There was, in my mind, no excuse why anybody couldn't go get Caylee," he testified.

A short recess was called as Lee Anthony recounted the confrontation. According to Cindy Anthony's testimony, her daughter eventually broke down and told her brother Caylee had been missing for a month and that the nanny had kidnapped her, which prompted Cindy Anthony to call police.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/0...er-testifies-about-confrontation-over-caylee/

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Shocker. Crazy levels of chloroform in the trunk of the car.

You should watch the video that's there, too. It's disgusting how this woman can put on such a front.

If she doesn't get convicted, it will be one of the biggest travesties I've seen in a long, long time.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/06/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html?iref=NS1

And how can anyone sell their own parent down the river to try and get off the hook for murdering their own child. This woman is sick.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Going to the jury today, I will say I would be very disappointed if she is not found guilty.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
MonsterD;3985042 said:
Going to the jury today, I will say I would be very disappointed if she is not found guilty.

not on the 1st degree murder I think, but hopefully on the lesser degree. She is a narcissistic bad mother. Didn't even take the stand b/c the defense knew that the jury would hate her. It's mostly circumstantial, but it's very strong circumstantial. Not sure if that is good enough to 'fry her' her hopefully one of the lesser charges stick.