Casserly: Cardinals are shopping Rosen/getting terrible feedback on Murray

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to have to rely on my sterling reputation here as there is no link yet but Charlie Casserly did report on NFLN minutes ago that it isn't a rumor. Rosen is being shopped. Murray is their guy.

He didn't say the part about Murray, but it's simple math.

What he did say on Murray is that in all his years in football he doesn't think he's gotten worse feedback on a first round QB at the Combine. Terrible interviews, really struggled on the chalkboard, can't speak French, etc.

tm1119

Reaction score
Did Rosen’s stock drop so much for any reason other than the fact that he was a rookie QB on a horrific team? I don’t expect a team to give up a top 10 pick for him, but the 3rd round reported a few days ago seems a little crazy. Seems like it would be a very Patriots move to trade a pick or 2 for Rosen

And as far as Murray...all I know is that I’m not making a huge investment into a QB that isn’t 100% in on football. Maybe Murray is, not pretending to know what’s in his head, but I can definitely see there being cause for concern. I will say that I haven’t seen others say how bad Murray was at the combine? Are there others reporting this at all? USA Today reported how great he was in interviews...
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3034151002

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did Rosen’s stock drop so much for any reason other than the fact that he was a rookie QB on a horrific team? I don’t expect a team to give up a top 10 pick for him, but the 3rd round reported a few days ago seems a little crazy. Seems like it would be a very Patriots move to trade a pick or 2 for Rosen

And as far as Murray...all I know is that I’m not making a huge investment into a QB that isn’t 100% in on football. Maybe Murray is, not pretending to know what’s in his head, but I can definitely see there being cause for concern. I will say that I haven’t seen others say how bad Murray was at the combine? Are there others reporting this at all? USA Today reported how great he was in interviews...
2020 1st and 2019 4th or so
Or maybe a late 1st or early 2nd this year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I think people just don’t like Rosen. That’s the problem.

He looked alright for a rookie. He’ll probably end up being solid.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As far as Kyler goes... I just don't get it.

If he's a great player i'll admit i'm wrong but I just don't see him as a fit in the NFL.

He doesn't fit the prototype in any way shape or form on the field and it doesn't sound like he is that type of guy off the field either.

DanA

Reaction score
Trading Rosen for a future 1st is ingenious, he’s terrible and him being QB almost guarantees a top 5 pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
all this tells me...cardinals are all in on Kingsbury as their H.C.
as for Murray...he's got a helluva arm...can make any throw.
they better spend $ on that OL....he needs one and they ain't got one.
cards being the cards.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
if the price were a second and something else I would have expected some team to already have made the trade, they must expect at lease a single 1st if not 1st and 3rd.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I hope the Commanders trade a high pick for Rosen. That would be a dream scenario, since he’s a headcase.

The fact that the Cardinals traded up to get Rosen with the 10th overall pick last year and now want to dump him for a 5’ 10” QB who apparently has poor leadership and study habits tells us everything we need to know about Rosen.

Intangibles are huge for QB’s.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said teams didn't like the way he looked carrying extra weight, questioned his leadership skills, his work habits and completely flubbed the chalk board testing.

But other than that it went well.

JJHLH1

Reaction score

Yep. Those are huge red flags.

Relying on natural athletic ability will only get you so far in the NFL, particularly at QB.

TheDank

Reaction score
As an OU fan I loved Kyler and will root for him to succeed if it's in AZ or basically anywhere outside of the NFCE, but the combine has definitely not been a ringing endorsement. Media has piled on the guy hard since the CFB playoffs and I think maybe that's wearing on him, but it's not like being the franchise guy at starting QB is any easier. He was a leader at OU and I don't think he comes with the same concerns as someone like Rosen where his teammates don't like him. Murray is not a vocal guy and some teams require that of their QB. I'd argue that if you have a coach in place that can corral your players or if you just win that's not necessary. I'm not sure I see AZ being the most competitive team after last year and I have no idea whether or not Kingsbury will be an effective leader either so it could blow up, but one thing I am sure of is that Murray has arm talent and can move and if AZ does start winning some games his demeanor will matter a whole lot less.

Also as far as his chalkboard work goes, I assume Kingsbury will run a similar offense to the Rams and do a lot of the diagnosing work himself/ keep the offense simple early on. Not sure if that will work long term but it seems to be effective in the league right now.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Relying on natural athletic ability will only get you so far in the NFL, particularly at QB.

These guys didn't need tweet confirmation. My word is Gold with them.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They also went full Draft Day on Murray saying he doesn't have any friends on the football team.

I've been hearing that is dad is Lavar Ball-like the past few months, hearing a lot more of that now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think people just don’t like Rosen. That’s the problem.

He looked alright for a rookie. He’ll probably end up being solid.
Yeah most stuff I heard about him is that he's a d bag and teammates don't like him and coaches don't either. That's a tough guy to have be the leader of your football team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah but at the same time its a terrible way to gauge how good or bad someone is. I'd believe the tape before I believe how he acts in a setting like the combine.

Nerm222

Reaction score
I have never seen Rosen play in college or the NFL. I have also never seen Murray play. So, I don't have an informed opinion on either. But I get a feeling that the Cards are infatuated with Murray, and that doesn't necessarily mean they think Rosen is a bust. It reminds me a little bit of Jimmy Johnson drafting his guy, Steve Walsh with a first round pick in the supplemental draft, in the same year they had already taken Aikman #1 overall. It wasn't a reflection on Aikman, it was more about a coach who really liked his guy. However, I could be wrong.