Casserly: Cardinals are shopping Rosen/getting terrible feedback on Murray

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
IMO, QBs are the toughest position to evaluate. I honestly don’t see how Murray projects. I think he’s at his best on the move or when a play breaks down. Ultimately, every QB has to develop and facilitate the offense from the pocket. Eventually, all athletic/running QBs figure out its much easier to throw for 10 yards than scramble for it while taking a pounding.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if I am the cards I am drafting Williams or Bosa 1 overall. Murray will be boom or bust. KEEP ROSEN...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm going to have to rely on my sterling reputation here as there is no link yet but Charlie Casserly did report on NFLN minutes ago that it isn't a rumor. Rosen is being shopped. Murray is their guy.

He didn't say the part about Murray, but it's simple math.

What he did say on Murray is that in all his years in football he doesn't think he's gotten worse feedback on a first round QB at the Combine. Terrible interviews, really struggled on the chalkboard, can't speak French, etc.

If you're going to hire Kingsbury you have to make the move for Murray if he wants him. It makes the most sense on paper although I wouldn't have hired Kliff in the first place.

As for Rosen, he reminds me too much of Jay Cutler. Pass.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know if this is disinformation or not but I will say this, if any of this is true, then CK is going to live or die on one pick. I have no idea why the Cards hired Kingsbury to be honest but it's done now. He is basically cutting the knees out from the GM and the old regime by getting rid of the number one QB pick of a year ago and now he is going out on a limb to make Murray his pick apparently. He's all in.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As an OU fan I loved Kyler and will root for him to succeed if it's in AZ or basically anywhere outside of the NFCE, but the combine has definitely not been a ringing endorsement. Media has piled on the guy hard since the CFB playoffs and I think maybe that's wearing on him, but it's not like being the franchise guy at starting QB is any easier. He was a leader at OU and I don't think he comes with the same concerns as someone like Rosen where his teammates don't like him. Murray is not a vocal guy and some teams require that of their QB. I'd argue that if you have a coach in place that can corral your players or if you just win that's not necessary. I'm not sure I see AZ being the most competitive team after last year and I have no idea whether or not Kingsbury will be an effective leader either so it could blow up, but one thing I am sure of is that Murray has arm talent and can move and if AZ does start winning some games his demeanor will matter a whole lot less.

Also as far as his chalkboard work goes, I assume Kingsbury will run a similar offense to the Rams and do a lot of the diagnosing work himself/ keep the offense simple early on. Not sure if that will work long term but it seems to be effective in the league right now.

Leadership comes in many forms.....kid being private and/or introverted doesn't mean a lack of leadership. So I'm not buying this issue or the work ethic. The chalkboard thing may have some merits but may not be all the kid's fault. Could be this kid was sooo much better than every/most player on the field he didn't need a few technical skills he'll need or see in the NFL. Example, he and his coach were so offensively advanced he never really had to read defenses or go thru entire progression read.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't know if this is disinformation or not but I will say this, if any of this is true, then CK is going to live or die on one pick. I have no idea why the Cards hired Kingsbury to be honest but it's done now. He is basically cutting the knees out from the GM and the old regime by getting rid of the number one QB pick of a year ago and now he is going out on a limb to make Murray his pick apparently. He's all in.

LOL ....not sure what's worst. GM is hiring him or not fighting for his job. Only possible exception IMO is some issues with Rosen we are not privileged to.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just find it hard to believe that it's the worst feedback Casserly has ever gotten on a high ranked QB. That's quite a statement and you'd think if that was the case others would also be reporting it.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Leadership comes in many forms.....kid being private and/or introverted doesn't mean a lack of leadership. So I'm not buying this issue or the work ethic. The chalkboard thing may have some merits but may not be all the kid's fault. Could be this kid was sooo much better than every/most player on the field he didn't need a few technical skills he'll need or see in the NFL. Example, he and his coach were so offensively advanced he never really had to read defenses or go thru entire progression read.

Kinda like JaMarcus Russell?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL ....not sure what's worst. GM is hiring him or not fighting for his job. Only possible exception IMO is some issues with Rosen we are not privileged to.

Yes. I would agree. Although, I would have to wonder how CK would know without even having run a single practice with Rosen. All of this is a bit screwy, to be honest.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm not surprised by the first report and very surprised by the second. Worst ever? What about Prescott?

Listened to Casserly this morning on the Rich Eisen show...and he said he heard it from 3 teams...that Murray's interviews were horrible.

Which lead me to thinking....well....who would Charlie be talking to??? :popcorn:

And I've come to only one logical conclusion where he is getting this from. ..And it makes too much sense...It's Washington.

Casserly being the former Commanders GM...still has to have some ties within the organization.

Wouldn't shock me @ all if they are using Casserly to spread rumors so Murray will fall.

Hoping he will fall into their laps...

Leave it to the Commanders insiders like LaCanfora and Casserly ...to start spreading crap so a player will fall. Sadly...we only got 50 more day of this...I can't even imagine how bad the lies are gonna get until then.:rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listened to Casserly this morning on the Rich Eisen show...and he said he heard it from 3 teams...that Murray's interviews were horrible.

Which lead me to thinking....well....who would Charlie be talking to??? :popcorn:

And I've come to only one logical conclusion where he is getting this from. ..And it makes too much sense...It's Washington.

Your math teacher - :rolleyes:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I can’t believe a team would take a QB early like Rosen then basically move on the year after.

I hope Rosen goes somewhere else and has a 10 year career and Murray is awful.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dude probably got a balloon implant under the skin on his scalp to help out him over 5’-10”.

jnday

Reaction score
I can’t believe a team would take a QB early like Rosen then basically move on the year after.

If the price is right, I would like to see him in Dallas. His passing skills would be an upgrade.

tm1119

Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that it's the worst feedback Casserly has ever gotten on a high ranked QB. That's quite a statement and you'd think if that was the case others would also be reporting it.

Florio brought up a good point earlier...
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07/charley-casserly-has-a-conflict-of-interest/

Could this all be BS by Casserly as a subtle way to say, “See, he should have trained with me 1st and this wouldn’t have happened.”

Maybe that’s not the case, but it is very odd that Casserly is the only one reporting how bad the interviews were.

EST_1986

Reaction score
As far as Kyler goes... I just don't get it.

If he's a great player i'll admit i'm wrong but I just don't see him as a fit in the NFL.

He doesn't fit the prototype in any way shape or form on the field and it doesn't sound like he is that type of guy off the field either.
He should play baseball. Less dangerous and more lucrative.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Broncos let Lynch go after 2 years, Raiders let Russell go after 2 years. So letting Rosen go after 1 year isn't so far fetched.

Once you get a guy in there and you see you screwed up drafting him, the smart move is to cut him and move on.