Catch Rule on Ceedee Endzone Catch

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree that it's a bad rule. The toes are part of the foot, therefore if any part of the foot lands OB, it's out. Now, if the toes were to drag OB before the heel came down, I'd say that's a catch.
This is my thought exactly.

Obviously people refer to dragging the toes or tapping the toes for a reason - that's the only part of the foot that touches before going OB. But if the rest of the foot comes down the rest of the foot factors into whether he is in bounds or not.

I would think if Lamb had touched the toe then taken a step back before the rest of the foot came down he would have been okay. In that case the foot would have come down out of bounds as part of a separate additional step, not part of the same step where the toes touched.

For that matter, if he dragged his toes all the way until they were out of bounds and then touch his heel down that would probably make it a catch.

To be clear, I'm not saying Lamb screwed up by not doing that. It would be unreasonable to expect that.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dez was literally inches away several times from multiplying his Cowboys lore threefold at least. The fingers OOB and letting the ball touch the ground in Green Bay.

Yep it was no Jackie Smith type heartbreak but things sure could have been pleasantly different .

Sydla

Reaction score
i was talking to marcus. but to your point who cares? the call didn't even have an impact on the game overall, so the arguments are genuine. but i'd much rather have a group that's hypocritical to our benefit than a couple of hall monitors policing fans for the sake of other teams lol.

Clearly the homers that want to argue the call are the ones that care. The first thread that got this whole thing started before this thread was whining about getting hosed.

Hypocritical to our benefit? LOL.

Or how about just be smart, common sense fans? That seems like a better option to me.

Sydla

Reaction score
yeah y'all act like hall monitors. all good though, if you like it i love it.

So how do you want this to go?

Some fans here can claim the refs screwed us, the league is out to get us, etc. And other fans aren't supposed to respond and present facts/evidence that would call into question their beliefs?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Clearly the homers that want to argue the call are the ones that care. The first thread that got this whole thing started before this thread was whining about getting hosed.

Or how about just be smart, common sense fans? That seems like a better option to me.
Dude, not everyone has the same opinion as you why chop people down and label them homers? I would hope someone with your superior knowledge would be more helpful in the discussion.
I'm open for changing my mind if it makes sense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A toe drag is the as if you slid OB on your head. Lol
I admit, I keep going back & forth. I think my main issue is keeping things simple for the refs and not harder and seemingly more judgement.
Good debate eitherway.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"fan" is short for "fanatic".