Video: CBS: Cowboys make huge mistake drafting Micah Parsons

HanD

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
Smith would have ended up in the division regardless if you don't trade or trade to the bears.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’m curios where cbs generally had Parsons ranked as a prospect ?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's something about assuming the worst possible scenario that doesn't appeal to good sense. Let's not go there, folks! :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
Eagles or Giants get Smith regardless.

I haven’t seen a single report Chicago offered with us. Going up two more picks could’ve made it too much. I would’ve taken the bears trade no doubt. But have yet to see a single source they wanted to deal with us.

So we had to pick and picked the best player on our board

Diehardblues

Reaction score
On historically one of the worst statistical defenses in Cowboys history , adding defensive talent is welcomed.

And talent considered arguably the best defensive player in the draft.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
They also made a huge mistake paying Dak as much as they did, so who they wasted a draft pick on should come as no surprise. Trading out of the top 10 was pretty dumb too, especially since it went to a division rival. To me it just proves Jerry's desire to be 'relevant' and 'interesting' rather than trying to build a championship roster.
Why was the trade a mistake? If they don't trade with Philly the Giants take DeVonta Smith. We got an extra day 2 pick out of it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why was the trade a mistake? If they don't trade with Philly the Giants take DeVonta Smith. We got an extra day 2 pick out of it.

Why? Because it's the Eagles. I would never do anything to help those lousy sum britches...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Haters. Parsons was graded a better talent than Slater who was the next option. I'll take my chances with Tyron Smith over the garbage we had at LB.
We need to draft a few O-lineman in this draft

Where do you guys get these grades and why care about them anyway?

Anyone ranking him as the best defender is a joke.

This is an animal running sideways and coming down hill.. No denying that.

But that is not where a modern day NFL linebacker proves his value.. In 1993 sure but now I’m 2021.

So everything with this guy is projection.

We just took a position that doesn’t hold much value and if they guy proves he can’t cover well then the pick is no more use to us than 54 is now.

Good luck.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You did. The kid is a beast. This seems like one of those times where in 5 years they do a re draft and he goes in the top 5 lol
That’s all I was hearing. And Lee retires so we get another Penn ST. LB. I don’t know if he is as smart. But help with the run please.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They also made a huge mistake paying Dak as much as they did, so who they wasted a draft pick on should come as no surprise. Trading out of the top 10 was pretty dumb too, especially since it went to a division rival. To me it just proves Jerry's desire to be 'relevant' and 'interesting' rather than trying to build a championship roster.
I’m so confused....Dak hasn’t played a down but they wasted money in him? Parsons hasn’t played a down that pick was dumb.

It’s dumb to trade with Eagles because they got Devonta but it would’ve been smart if we didn’t trade with them and let the Giants get him which is also a division rival?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We had a historically awful run D last year— so drafting the best LB and one of the top graded run defenders and tacklers is a “mistake?”

Riiiiiiight. Someone wanted to have a “hot take” and grab some clicks.

You don’t draft players in the first round to get better at run defending. That’s what a stupid team in a modern era would do.

Run defending is mostly about filling gaps and being in the right spots anyways and not a talent thing although this player does do some unique things in that department.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Eagles or Giants get Smith regardless.

I haven’t seen a single report Chicago offered with us. Going up two more picks could’ve made it too much. I would’ve taken the bears trade no doubt. But have yet to see a single source they wanted to deal with us.

So we had to pick and picked the best player on our board

The Parsons pick smells like another Taco Charlton move..... Stephen Jones should of picked the phone up and made something happen....