Video: CBS: Cowboys make huge mistake drafting Micah Parsons

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Apr 30, 2021.

1. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

16,598 Messages
    18,645 Likes Received
    There in nothing to dislike about this kuds play. Nothing at all
    If you think he is a bad player or not value then bottom line you are wrong.

Character concerns? Maybe. But by christ our linebacker play was disgusting last year, embarrassing in all honesty. This guy is value meets need.

DenCWBY, LOBO7, Paradox and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

46,567 Messages
    69,359 Likes Received
    I have a hard time believing Jerry wouldn't have taken that deal.

bigE79 likes this.
  3. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

2,848 Messages
    2,607 Likes Received
    Agree. And additionally, I appreciate guys like yourself who understand big picture elements to winning. Words like genuine impact on this current roster elude the majority here.
    Excellent post.

catiii and CATCH17 like this.
  4. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

5,841 Messages
    7,713 Likes Received
    The mistake is they didn't need a LB? lol

Doomsday likes this.
  5. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    19,117 Likes Received
    Jaylon or LVE need to go. Bring in a real LB with skills.

DenCWBY likes this.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

44,043 Messages
    36,947 Likes Received
    We can? Where at? Because I'm looking at the past few drafts and most of those linebackers suck so where can you get a linebacker in the 2nd?

You can say that about any position. Oh you can get a quarterback in the 6th round since Tom Brady was there. You can get a running back in the 3rd round....what position can't you say that about?

Seven likes this.
  7. rocyaice

44,043 Messages
    36,947 Likes Received
    You can't make this up man lol.

DenCWBY and Big_D like this.
  8. 2288doubletrouble

2288doubletrouble Well-Known Member

1,309 Messages
    1,872 Likes Received

9. rocyaice

44,043 Messages
    36,947 Likes Received
    I just don't understand you guys here. So drafting JAelen Phillips who retired from football because of concussions was a smarter draft picks than Parsons?

Davis can cover but he's not a better linebacker....he has some of the same negatives that Jaylon has.

He may be a good pick for the Redskins because he has a great defensive line to protect him but his biggest negatives is his lack of ability to shed blocks as well as the poor angles he takes on tackles....sounds like the guys we have already.

10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

56,811 Messages
    59,529 Likes Received

Oh don’t even remind me about Jaelen Phillips.

Yes he would’ve been a way smarter pick.

He plays a premium position.

11. Manster_Mash

Manster_Mash Well-Known Member

616 Messages
    810 Likes Received
    We had weak LB corps last year AND lost 2 of our top 4 in the offseason. And somehow LB was not a position of need?!?

Its a position of dire need. As well as DT and CB....and S....and T....and well we have needs everywhere.

DenCWBY, SeanLee50 and starfan1 like this.
  12. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

6,550 Messages
    5,439 Likes Received
    - The problem was Slater was seen as a OG, ..and they were not up for investing more in OGs from the last two Conners.

- while I still have my reserves about the visionary of our OL coach Joe Philibin who started rookie Steele for so many games
    but sat down McGovern for so many games until forced by injuries, I gave this final decision to the McClay group, and how
    he graded and rated the two players according to value of his board.

- Bottom line feeling I got was Parson was not only the best/highest graded player left on the Cowboys board, but the best defensive player
    left remaining on the Cowboys board.

- Does the Parson' Pluses outweigh the Minuses ?

13. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

6,550 Messages
    5,439 Likes Received
    ..and what if his next concussion ends up being a sudden career-ending call ?

14. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,599 Messages
    11,947 Likes Received
    They lost me when they didn't say the run defense was one of their biggest issues on defense and that Dallas should have taken Paye.

DenCWBY likes this.
  15. freemanjc19

freemanjc19 Well-Known Member

337 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Dallas will get blasted for whatever they do or whomever they pick. Not sure why some in here are ready to slit their throats and wrist over a war Daddy LB. Everybody wanted defense, but when they take a defensive player; its still not good enough. Perhaps Stephan A. has a point about us Dallas fans. We are delusional fan base at times.

Manster_Mash and SeanLee50 like this.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

56,811 Messages
    59,529 Likes Received
    I dunno ask Miami who took him how concerned they are.

17. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

4,411 Messages
    3,798 Likes Received
    can i like this multiple times? It was every bit as important as CB in fact Id argue more. To me at pick ten they were literally going to be fine and it would be a good pick if they drafted any of those positions. Maybe not DT as early as we got Parson's but they all were a need.

i would have been happy if it was Slater although i dislike our LBs more than i do our line. I am simply not sure why folks that were in CB corner are not still excited with Parson. I think the draft gurus pimped CB so everyone looked at last year and said ya we need corner bad and we lost Awuzi.

There are literally still 8 players that can be had in round that improve our secondary

Manster_Mash likes this.
  18. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

4,375 Messages
    5,637 Likes Received
    I have seen draft grades where experts gave Dallas A+ or A for the pick so one guys opinion is as good as another's. Two points.First, we have no idea if the Cowboys tried to trade down and did not get the value they wanted. Something tells me they made the deal with the Eagles because noone else was there. The problem for Dallas was everyone knew the Giants would not take a QB so teams were going to try to work out a deal with the Giants before they went to Dallas.

I am not a fan of this pick for all the reasons mentioned by the talking heads in this video, but other than Slater, who else could they take at 12? It was too soon to take another CB or any of the edge guys. No DTs were taken in the first round, and I think that is only the 2nd time that has happened in the last 30 years. I could be wrong about it, but it is very unusual. Personally, I would have tried to move down again for another 3rd round pick then tried to make a deal for another 2nd round pick. But maybe there were no takers. Still, the right pick was Slater who would improve the offensive line more than Parsons will improve the defense.

Parsons is a good player but as Brady Quinn(?) said, most of the time there are only 2 LBs on the field. Do they sit Jaylon or LVE? If they sit LVE then a past 1st round pick goes to waste. As Quinn also said, the bigger problem with Dallas's defense last year was pass rush and pass coverage. But Quinn is wrong for suggesting Phillips would have been a better pick when Phillips has his own injury issues.

75boyz and blueblood70 like this.
  19. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

17,544 Messages
    12,481 Likes Received
    One persons opinion, who cares ..its not a mistake until it proves out to be..

not the first pre-draft player with warts ands most do not resurface in the nfl like Big Ben for instance..

20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

99,619 Messages
    26,604 Likes Received
    I was hoping to get Surtain but once he and Horn were off the board I think Parson was a very good move. The guy was rated the best defensive player leading up to the draft. Consensus big boards had Parson in the top 5. Now today he is some slob player? I don't think so, guy has the size, aggression and speed to be an outstanding player. Granted he has to prove himself like any other player including guys like Surtain and Horn. As for the remainder of the draft I love the fact no DT went rd 1, there is a lot of very good talent at DT and Cowboys should be in a position to get DT