Video: CBS: Cowboys make huge mistake drafting Micah Parsons

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldve sat at 10 and took Fields if Dak were on the tag right now.

Only good i can think of right now is at least Philly didnt take him

Don't count Fields' chickens just yet. Those eggs still have to hatch. He is a VERY talented QB...there is no doubt. His ball placement and fortitude are outstanding.

But...he is injury prone. He played through....but...this is the NFL now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
'

So you're still adding to the line? You have tons a weapons and a QB who can get the ball out to one of them in a hurry and going Oline takes precedence over the the worst D ever? Still mind blowing. A team where once upon a time those same tackles weren't unreliable and they still went no where.

I take position value.

I don’t draft for need but I do keep it in mind.

My pick would’ve been Jaelen Phillips.

If I had to pick between Slater and Parsons I’d pick Slater of course. No brainer.

What Parsons puts on tape is not valuable for a modern day linebacker but he has the athleticism to get good at things that a guy like Leighton Vander Esch is already good at.

cheyennes

Reaction score
Lb is a need, i think we need another one, thirth day, but for me, the trade and the pick was a panic pick.
PARSON is a élite big strong fast and hope wil be a great lb.

conner01

Reaction score
Guard that can play tackle and has proven he can handle Chase Young for a team that has unreliable Tackles.

We don’t need any of that?
I’d rather have the best defensive pick that was available
I don’t see the huge oline need some do
McGovern is set to replace Williams this year or when he leaves
Knight looked good enough to me to be a RT if we need one and salter to me will never be a great LT

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’d rather have the best defensive pick that was available
I don’t see the huge oline need some do
McGovern is set to replace Williams this year or when he leaves
Knight looked good enough to me to be a RT if we need one and salter to me will never be a great LT

Blanket statements like “best defensive player available” is such a lazy way of looking at it.

There is a mountain of context.

I too would like the best defensive player in the draft but I would prefer it be a guy that doesn’t play like a linebacker from 1993 that we have to hope can play like a modern day player is supposed to play.

conner01

Reaction score
Blanket statements like “best defensive player available” is such a lazy way of looking at it.

There is a mountain of context.

I too would like the best defensive player in the draft but I would prefer it be a guy that doesn’t play like a linebacker from 1993 that we have to hope can play like a modern day player is supposed to play.
I think parson can
He’s big and fast
He’s faster than Surtain and you need speed in today’s game
He also saves us 9 mil next year
I know some don’t value LB but they are the key to stopping the run

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Haters. Parsons was graded a better talent than Slater who was the next option. I'll take my chances with Tyron Smith over the garbage we had at LB.
We need to draft a few O-lineman in this draft

This^^^

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
Not true at all. Either the Giants or the Eagles were taking Smith so he was going in the division either way. It was better for Dallas that the Eagles took him because they don't have the offense NY does, and Dallas now has an extra 3rd round pick to boot. That was making the best of a bad situation, at least in terms of a trade.

Sandyf

Reaction score
The fact is we needed defensive no matter the spot and if as we were all told Parsons was the top defensive guy on their board, then I can live with it. They would have drafted Surtain if Denver hadn't had taken him or Horn for that matter as Stephen said they were the 2nd and 3rd best defensive players on their board. We can thank Aaron Rodgers for that because I truly believe that Denver will get him after June 2nd regardless of what the Green Bay brass are saying.

If Parsons has a great career like Sean Lee then we should be all happy with the pick and maybe just maybe it is Cowboy luck happening like Lamb falling to us and not being able to trade up for a QB and have Prescott fall into our laps. As to the QBs taken yesterday, have to believe that Mac Jones is the only one that went to the team that will make him a great QB and the absolute right fit. Believe Jones, right now, has the least chance of failure of the 5 taken.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Easy decision....they traded the pick to a division rival who took a Heisman winning WR in Devon Smith. Now they will have to face D. Smith twice a year. They could of traded back with the Bears and got next years #1 and still got a LB, CB, S, DT at #20. In.stead, they let another Division Rival make the trade

Bad move.....
and again if they didn't move down to get the extra pick they would have still faced him 2x a year, except this time with Barkley in the backfield...pick your poison, but they got the extra picking for still getting the guy they wanted...simple move

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh don’t even remind me about Jaelen Phillips.

Yes he would’ve been a way smarter pick.

He plays a premium position.

What position he plays is irrelevant when he has that medical history....he was medically retired lol....to go from 10 to that is just silly and quite frankly stupid.

Big_D

Reaction score
I take position value.

I don’t draft for need but I do keep it in mind.

My pick would’ve been Jaelen Phillips.

If I had to pick between Slater and Parsons I’d pick Slater of course. No brainer.

What Parsons puts on tape is not valuable for a modern day linebacker but he has the athleticism to get good at things that a guy like Leighton Vander Esch is already good at.

LVE can't stay on the field. They add a 1tech later, this D can finally turn a corner. This guy brings an attitude that hasn't been here in a while. And talent, and toughness, speed, explosiveness, can cover TEs and shed blocks and rush the passer as a DE. There's plenty of value!! The status quo on D was horrible. And the mindset, expectations and the morale, even worse. But everyone seems to think it just gets easier to find legit starters defensively as the draft goes on?

You finally get Gregory back and now you're going DE?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What position he plays is irrelevant when he has that medical history....he was medically retired lol....to go from 10 to that is just silly and quite frankly stupid.

Id say drafting a linebacker that has the same skill set of Jaylon Smith with no proof he can play with Vander Eschs skill set is quite frankly stupid.

Miami Dolphins don’t seem too concerned.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
They also made a huge mistake paying Dak as much as they did, so who they wasted a draft pick on should come as no surprise. Trading out of the top 10 was pretty dumb too, especially since it went to a division rival. To me it just proves Jerry's desire to be 'relevant' and 'interesting' rather than trying to build a championship roster.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
They also made a huge mistake paying Dak as much as they did, so who they wasted a draft pick on should come as no surprise. Trading out of the top 10 was pretty dumb too, especially since it went to a division rival. To me it just proves Jerry's desire to be 'relevant' and 'interesting' rather than trying to build a championship roster.

So Philly moved up 2 spots to get a guy we weren't taking and we pick up a 3 and still get the guy we were looking at at 10? I'm having a hard time critcizing Jones on that...

We also kept the Giants from getting their guy... a win all of the way around...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Id say drafting a linebacker that has the same skill set of Jaylon Smith with no proof he can play with Vander Eschs skill set is quite frankly stupid.

Miami Dolphins don’t seem too concerned.

Dolphins don't have to be. You can say what you want about the Cowboys but their track record in the 1st round is far more respectable than what the Dolphins have done there. The corner they took in the draft in the 1st round last year graded out as the worst corner in the league....that's with having the two highest paid corners in the league.

Micah Parsons walks into this defense right now and is the most gifted person on it.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He could’ve traded back with the bears not sure why he didn’t