CBS: Dak and projected 2020 franchise tag of $32.5M

kskboys

Reaction score
This is the bit I don't get.. you can lay into Mayfield.. acknowledging he has a suspect line, weak run game and pathetic coaching.. but Dak is still elite?!

How about a quick comparison..
Dak - 65.1% pass completion, May - 59.4%
Dak - 30 TD, May 21
Dak - 11 Int, May 21
Dak 6 fumbles, 2 lost, May 6 fumbles and 2 lost

So with the 2nd best pass protection in the league vs the WORST pass protection in the league and dak complete 5% more passes and scored 9 more TDs.

I agree Mayfield turned it over.. and that has always been a 'dak stat' people cling too.. but some intercepts are worse than others.. they can be caused by bad receiver play, bad schemes and pressure in the pocket. You would expect the QB with more pressure in his face to throw more intercepts.. that is just plain logic.

But happy to disagree.. I think that, again, it highilghts Dak is just not that good. With all the advantages he delivered nothing.
Wow. You failed miserably to try and make Mayfield out to be better than Dak. I mean, your argument completely stunk up the joint.

What's funny is that Dak is relatively well regarded around the NFL and Mayfield is not.

Your statement about Dak lovers is even worse. Dak haters are twisting it even worse than Dak lovers.

zeke21

Reaction score
Wow. You failed miserably to try and make Mayfield out to be better than Dak. I mean, your argument completely stunk up the joint.

What's funny is that Dak is relatively well regarded around the NFL and Mayfield is not.

Your statement about Dak lovers is even worse. Dak haters are twisting it even worse than Dak lovers.
Whoa.. never said Mayfield was better than Dak. Never said it because I don't believe it.. at all.

I was merely saying that there have been a lot of blue chip QBs that fail.. and some of them fail because they come into teams that just don't allow them time to develop.. time to throw and they get chewed up and spat out.

DarthVander

Reaction score
Get the hell out of here Dak and work on your accuracy. Can't believe you're resorting to using burner accounts like Kevin Durant.

You’re complaining this badly over a QB that’s led the NFL in passing yards? He’s more than capable of taking this team to a SuperBowl. When they lost, he wasn’t the only reason for it...they literally collapse in all aspects of the game, offense defense and special teams.

Last edited:

Johnny23

Reaction score
You just shot yourself in the foot. Marino went to one super bowl and lost. Not early and often.

Payton Manning didn't make it until his 9th year in the league.

For some reason, you're making my argument stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I explained that in the quote as " th err y get there early and never make it back ". Dan is in that category @kskboys . For whatever reason you want to ascribe to those Don Shula teams they never got back over the hump. It goes without saying and I realize that I omitted Russell Wilson who made two super bowls his first 3 seasons. Winning one.

The point still stands.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I think the one error with this is the math. If you franchise him for 32.5M this year than he is guaranteed 20% more than that on his second tag in year 2 which would be roughly 39M which means he is guaranteed almost 72M over 2 years on the tag and if I am Dak why would I agree to anything less than 36 million per year knowing that fact. The thing with Wentz extension, and to a lesser extent Goff, was that they got both early enough that they had more leverage because the tag was not imminent.

Because 72 millions is a lot of money and it not like he going to use it all! This is why I hate all modern athlete. Selfish prick all of them.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I want to see Dak under a new head coach and a new OC that is not using a playbook from the 90s.

So Franchise him for 2020, look around for some other options if for nothing else than to improve the backup situation, and then reevaluate Dak at the end of next year. That will be a total of 5 years of playing time. If you cant tell if a QB is a franchise QB after 5 years, guess what, he aint.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
And that's the issue with Dak!

He couldn't get it done with this team, what makes you think he will get it done with a lesser team?

Byron Jones is gone..

Quinn is gone..

And other starters on defense will be gone within the next couple years..

With Dak taking up so much cap, you won't be able to sign top defensive players.

If Dak can't get it done with this defense, what makes you think he will with a bottom feeder defense?

And stop it with the Quincy Carter/ Chad Hutchinson crap..

The reason we didn't find a QB was because jerry kept hoping a scrub/project would pan out instead of just straight up drafting a blue chip QB..

The Eagles liked a QB and went and got him (wentz)

The Chiefs drafted Mahomes despite already having Smith on the roster..

Why can't we do the same?

Because the Eagles already beat us to Wentz and the Chiefs already beat us to Mahomes...

Blackrain

Reaction score
He's our QB and a very average one. I've accepted that he is Alex Smith Jr and most that like him like him for non football reasons because it sure isn't on the field reasons for about 3 years.
Everything I like about him is a football reason. You like about a half a dozen other smacked ***** on this forum have such a low football IQ you cant tell a good QB from an average one . Football reason #1 he isnt laying in the fetal position because he got tackled . He is straight arming guys to the ground imposing his will and getting the tough yards to move the chains . He is able to put up stats like Romo . except with half the INTs , Run like Jim Brown when necessary , protect the ball and play every down of every game since he got here .

He has a great attitude , great work ethic and sat and watched film with Roger Staubach . Thats a guy with a desire to win that starts off the field and transfers to leadership on the field .

If we even had average receivers that didnt have the most drops in the league or an average kicker that could have made 40 yrd FGs and wasnt the worst in the league or maybe an average star pass rusher that wasnt being shown up by a guy we aced to Miami as a bust .

How about if we had average coaching or even special teams . OR SOMEBODY THAT GOT BETTER AFTER THEY GOT PAID!!. Learn how to watch football and see where a team is below average and how it affects other parts of the game till then go back to the kids table join the rest of the mentally challenged group that cant understand gridiron basics .

Silverstar

Reaction score
I want to see Dak under a new head coach and a new OC that is not using a playbook from the 90s.

So Franchise him for 2020, look around for some other options if for nothing else than to improve the backup situation, and then reevaluate Dak at the end of next year. That will be a total of 5 years of playing time. If you cant tell if a QB is a franchise QB after 5 years, guess what, he aint.

Why can't you tell he ain't in 4 years?

Adreme

Reaction score
Because 72 millions is a lot of money and it not like he going to use it all! This is why I hate all modern athlete. Selfish prick all of them.

Jerry Jones, and other owners, make hundreds of millions of dollars each year for sitting in a box watching a game. They are not taking the beating; they are not taking decades off their own lives; they are simply watching the game. If I have to choose between players and owners in terms of whose side I take in that fight, I will take the players every time because they are at least having to work for the money they get and actually having to make a sacrifice. Whether its too much or not is not really a concern of mine because its all proportional to what the league makes and the league makes as much because the owners are making more money than they could ever hope to spend.

rambo2_981

Reaction score
Not sure where that number came from, but over the cap has it at $26,838,000 for a QB in 2020.

Dak can decline the franchise and sit out gambling Papa Jones will trade for draft picks.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
To win with Dak, you need an all-time great defense. Not just a “championship” one. He’s an anchor on this team. In order to pull it up, everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING has to be perfect. Example: 2000 Ravens. Perfect WR’s, RB, O-line, Defense, Coaching, etc.
And to get that Dak would have to be paid toward the bottom average among QB's because they would need to spend big in FA to get great defenders. Or have such lousy records for a couple years that they can draft a couple defenders in the top 5.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You’re complaining this badly over a QB that’s led the NFL in passing yards? He’s more than capable of taking this team to a SuperBowl. When they lost, he wasn’t the only reason for it...they literally collapse in all aspects of the game, offense defense and special teams.
Stop it Dak. All the qb's of your ilk that are top 5 in yards passing also are out of the playoffs. Just like your passing skills your stats you using to hype yourself up is inaccurate. Im more than capable of winning the powerball too but that doesn't mean much when you can't even beat the teams that are going to be in the playoffs. No expletive you wasn't the only problem but just like all them commercials you get too much credit and what also come with that too much blame. Now deal with it Dak.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Everything I like about him is a football reason. You like about a half a dozen other smacked ***** on this forum have such a low football IQ you cant tell a good QB from an average one . Football reason #1 he isnt laying in the fetal position because he got tackled . He is straight arming guys to the ground imposing his will and getting the tough yards to move the chains . He is able to put up stats like Romo . except with half the INTs , Run like Jim Brown when necessary , protect the ball and play every down of every game since he got here .

He has a great attitude , great work ethic and sat and watched film with Roger Staubach . Thats a guy with a desire to win that starts off the field and transfers to leadership on the field .

If we even had average receivers that didnt have the most drops in the league or an average kicker that could have made 40 yrd FGs and wasnt the worst in the league or maybe an average star pass rusher that wasnt being shown up by a guy we aced to Miami as a bust .

How about if we had average coaching or even special teams . OR SOMEBODY THAT GOT BETTER AFTER THEY GOT PAID!!. Learn how to watch football and see where a team is below average and how it affects other parts of the game till then go back to the kids table join the rest of the mentally challenged group that cant understand gridiron basics .
Nope everything you like about him is non football reasons. He's average and when people starting fawning over average? Hell outta here. My football iq is no higher than yours. If your football iq was soooo high hell are you on here for and not getting paid to use your superior knowledge. Since we know that just get off your blended knee kissing. Daks average QB butt

Blackrain

Reaction score
Nope everything you like about him is non football reasons. He's average and when people starting fawning over average? Hell outta here. My football iq is no higher than yours. If your football iq was soooo high hell are you on here for and not getting paid to use your superior knowledge. Since we know that just get off your blended knee kissing. Daks average QB butt

Wrong again Dak has More wins , has better comp% better QB rating , less fumbles , more rushing yards , more rushing TDs more passing TDs less INTs than everybody in his draft class all drafted ahead of him . Cook, Brissett, Kessler . Hackenburg Lynch , Goff , Wentz Dak and Wentz are even with TDs and one less INT but other than that Dak has out played them all since he has come in the league . All football reasons

Do some research and come correct before your spout you low football IQ BS.

Last edited:

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score

I have a feeling Dak's representatives feel the same way. Play with the tag, wait for new CBA's bump in the cap and (potential) performance improvement with a new system. These things bode well for him signing for more money.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Wrong again Dak has More wins , has better comp% better QB rating , less fumbles , more rushing yards , more rushing TDs more passing TDs less INTs than everybody in his draft class all drafted ahead of him . Cook, Brissett, Kessler . Hackenburg Lynch , Goff , Wentz Dak and Wentz are even with TDs and one less INT but other than that Dak has out played them all since he has come in the league . All football reasons

Do some research and come correct before your spout you low football IQ BS.
Wins aren't a QB stat. Completion % doesn't equal accuracy. QB rating is junk. Who cares about more rushing yards is he a RB? Rushing tds? Again is he a RB? Good for him to have more stats than everybody in his class but what did that get us this year? Also when you're a top QB you're not compared to just your class dope but all qb's and we know Dak is average compared to all qb's. Get off your bender knee to see your football crush is average. Like I said if your football iq is soo high why are you on here and not working for a nfl team? Guarantee your offline life doesn't reflect your high football iq so stop trying to front because you googled some stats Zo.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The people of this forum and franchise are so scared of drafting a Manziel or Lynch that it blinds them from the mediocrity that is Dak. It also blinds them from the fact that we could draft a Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers, etc. What a shame. Settling for mediocrity just like Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones :facepalm:.
Thinking Dak is "mediocre" after this season is peak blindness.