CBS: Dak and projected 2020 franchise tag of $32.5M

BoysForLife

Reaction score
YUP..he has imperfections. But I would take him anyday over many other QB's in the league. He's a winner and a leader. He won 13 games his rookie year, THAT HAPPENED.

Yep. 3 full seasons ago, the Cowboys had a 13-3 record

This year, .500 and missed the playoffs for 2nd time in 3 years.

Seems to contradict the "year by year improvement" theory, doesn't it?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep. 3 full seasons ago, the Cowboys had a 13-3 record

This year, .500 and missed the playoffs for 2nd time in 3 years.

Seems to contradict the "year by year improvement" theory, doesn't it?

This year 8-8
who is our coach and who coached the D? Marinelli bears a large chunk of responsibility too. He should be gone. The players also need to be accountable on D. Dlaw was trash along with our linebackers. Was that on Dak too? lol TACKLING THE BALL MATTERS. SO DOES COACHING.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak needs help on D. When the Defense plays well, we almost always win..with some exception. Dak was a blessing in 2016 and still is. Haters will just hate on him no matter what. As if Romo didn't have his issues lol...wow.. One standard for Tony Romo and another for Dak I guess.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not objecting to your post, but when is the last time New England used a 1st rounder on a QB?
Using outliers to prove your point? Smh most of the best QBs are from the first 3 rounds if I remember correctly. Obviously you can have outliers but do you really want to depend on outliers?

Gameover

Reaction score
Yup, he doesn't make anyone around him better.
Nonsense

This type of BS is why I hate people.

When the Cowboys signed Randall Cobb, the snarks came out with their, you downgraded from Rodgers to Dak Prescott crap! Cobb literally had his best season since 2015 w Dak Prescott! He literally had his best yards per catch average(close)with the so called dink & dunk Dak Prescott! And you’re telling me he doesn’t make anybody better? You guys would be ejaculating if Tony Romo resurrected Cobb’s career the way Dak did! ONLY TONY ROMO COULD DO THAT!!!!!!!!

Perception baby... people believe perception, they don’t believe reality - Steve Young

Prior to arriving in Dallas, Amari Cooper had gone through a stretch of nearly a season worth of games were he seemingly looked done! With Dak , you could make an argument (before he Flaked out)he was second most valuable receiver next to Michael Thomas! As I said above: You guys would be ejaculating if Tony Romo had resurrected Amari Cooper the way Dak did!

His highest finish on FO:https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr/2019

But Dak doesn’t make anybody better!

Talent they say

I don’t know if people are dumb, dishonest, or both. But it pisses me TFO. I’m sorry I can’t let BS slide! I can’t do it! You want to say Dak needs to play with more poise on the road? 100% correct! He needs to have better showing vs better defenses? You damn right he does!

But don’t come with that BS he don’t make anybody better. It’s been on display for a season and half!

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If you want to get rid of Dak, fine. Can you at least bring someone in who is better? Andy Dalton sucks balls. You might as well light that $70 million you want to give him on fire. But hey, we will probably get a top 10 pick with that trash playing QB .
you can not bring in a sure fire "Better." The only way to do that is to draft a qb that ends up being better. But no way can you know that until you draft a guy, and give him 2-3 years to see if he is better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's guaranteed $65M over next 2 years from the tag..........Hell, I'd strongly consider this route

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ins-sizing-up-the-options-for-cowboys-and-qb/

Agent's Take: Could Dak Prescott become the next Kirk Cousins? Sizing up the options for Cowboys and QB
Dallas may have to accept the reality of the franchise tag dynamic with its star quarterback

im not giving him that tag

im going non-exclusive, why not let his get offers and wake up to see his true market value which is less then that.. the non exclusive tag is less then 28.. why the heck offer him the more expensive tag, there no reason.no team is offering him a 34-36mil offer and give up two 1st round draft picks..lol not happening

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nonsense

This type of BS is why I hate people.

When the Cowboys signed Randall Cobb, the snarks came out with their, you downgraded from Rodgers to Dak Prescott crap! Cobb literally had his best season since 2015 w Dak Prescott! He literally had his best yards per catch average(close)with the so called dink & dunk Dak Prescott! And you’re telling me he doesn’t make anybody better? You guys would be ejaculating if Tony Romo resurrected this guys career! ONLY TONY ROMO COULD DO THAT!!!!!!!!

Perception baby... people believe perception, they don’t believe reality - Steve Young

Prior to arriving in Dallas, Amari Cooper had gone through a stretch of nearly a season worth of games were he seemingly looked done! With Dak , you could make an argument (before he Flaked out)he was second most valuable receiver next to Michael Thomas! As I said above: You guys would be ejaculating if Tony Romo had resurrected Amari Cooper the way did!

His highest finish on FO:https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr/2019

But Dak doesn’t make anybody better!

Talent they say

I don’t know if people are dumb, dishonest, or both. But it pisses me TFO. I’m sorry I can’t let BS slide! I can’t do it! You want to say Dak needs to play with more poise on the road? 100% correct! He needs to have better showing vs better defenses? You damn right he does!

But don’t come with that BS he don’t make anybody better. It’s been on display for a season and half!
agree!!! Cobb sure had a better year because of Dak. He looked rejuvenated.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
you can not bring in a sure fire "Better." The only way to do that is to draft a qb that ends up being better. But no way can you know that until you draft a guy, and give him 2-3 years to see if he is better.
But we can make sure we don’t bring in worse, which Andy is.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
who is our coach and who coached the D? Marinelli bears a large chunk of responsibility too. He should be gone. The players also need to be accountable on D. Dlaw was trash along with our linebackers. Was that on Dak too? lol TACKLING THE BALL MATTERS. SO DOES COACHING.

Was D law on the team in 16?

Who coached the team and the defense in 16?

The way you would have is believe, the entire coaching staff and supporting cast from 16 is totally different from today.

Nice try. In the past all that mattered was "Dak won". Now, not so much. Let the blame game begin.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Was D law on the team in 16?

Who coached the team and the defense in 16?

The way you would have is believe, the entire coaching staff and supporting cast from 16 is totally different.

Nice try.
nope. WE PLAYED WELL ON D IS MY POINT. Despite the coaching and scheme.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yup, he doesn't make anyone around him better.
No matter the sport I think that’s almost the dead giveaway of a player is top tier or not. Think about most top tier players in any sport they make the others better in some way. Either their skills set makes it actually easier for the players and or the top tier player takes attention away from the lesser players they don’t have to be as good as they would otherwise. Which one of those does Dak do? Heck if anything he makes it harder because people by how they normally play the cowboys don’t seem to fear his passing skills.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
nope. WE PLAYED WELL ON D IS MY POINT. Despite the coaching and scheme.

So, when the D and everyone else on the roster overachieves and does the heavy lifting, Dak's sufficient enough not to screw it up?

But if anyone else on the roster has an off year and Dak is counted on to pick up the slack, we need to lower our expectations?

Do I have it about right here?

Does that sound like a $40 million quarterback to you?

Shouldn't a top tier QB be able to compensate for the coaching and scheme, if our subpar defense was able to in 2016?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
But we can make sure we don’t bring in worse, which Andy is.
if it is simply a matter of "Better," than I have no problem with Dak staying, but it isnt that simple. You have to balance the qb's play with the price. Put the play of the position and the pay of the position on a scale together. In that case, I am not sure that Dak would be better than Fitzmagic. If we need to draft a guy, then Fitz could give us a solid 2 years of QB play during ANOTHER qb transition.

Verdict

Reaction score
This team should stop cuddling Dak and draft a QB if one is there in the first 3 rounds

That way, We are not held hostage by Cooper Rush..

The only people who are opposed to this are the people that know The new QB would probably be more talented than Dak

I have always been of the opinion that completion is a good thing, at every position, including QB. We need to draft a guy in the top half of the draft every other year at minimum unless we have two good to great QBs on the roster.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So, when the D and everyone else on the roster overachieves and does the heavy lifting, Dak's sufficient enough not to screw it up?

But if anyone else on the roster has an off year and Dak is counted on to pick up the slack, we need to lower our expectations?

Do I have it about right here?

Does that sound like a $40 million quarterback to you?

Shouldn't a top tier QB be able to compensate for the coaching and scheme, if our subpar defense was able to in 2016?
just admit you hate Dak and move on. NEXT

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
if it is simply a matter of "Better," than I have no problem with Dak staying, but it isnt that simple. You have to balance the qb's play with the price. Put the play of the position and the pay of the position on a scale together. In that case, I am not sure that Dak would be better than Fitzmagic. If we need to draft a guy, then Fitz could give us a solid 2 years of QB play during ANOTHER qb transition.
Just get a crappy, cheap $450k QB for a year, tank, use the high draft pick the next year and get your franchise QB. We don’t need an 8-8 band-aid for $20 million per year.