1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

CBS: Dak and projected 2020 franchise tag of $32.5M

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

5,522 Messages
    6,416 Likes Received
    so anybody that thinks dak has some problems, hate him. lmao. it would be easier to admit you were in love with him. a few on here already have.

BoysForLife and Philmonroe like this.
  2. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    I def. aint in LOVE with the guy. But he is our starter and will be going forward. I will say this..we should draft Jake Fromm in round 2 or 3 to have a guy in the QB pipeline to develop. A little insurance in case Dak leaves.

pjtoadie likes this.
  3. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Where are these post that made it seem so easy to draft a fanchise qb. No need to be disingenuous. People have said Dak isn’t it and aren’t opposed to potentially drafting a bust to try to improve. Just like you can draft a bust you could draft a Mahommes too.

BoysForLife likes this.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

47,873 Messages
    34,873 Likes Received
    I didn't make a point. I just asked an honest question that I really didn't know the answer to.
    I asked because the person said Dallas had been the longest and I was curious if maybe New England had waited even longer.
    Btw, they haven't. I went and looked it up. Bledsoe in 1993.

I agree with his point entirely, so no need to put words in my mouth or perceived thoughts in my head.

5. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    And steadily regressed every season after. That happened. Stop it. You're saddling yourself with a guy who you repeatedly dogged Washington, San Francisco,Texans,and Kansas city for having. That's an average NFL qb that says all the right thing between 10-6 & 8-8 is what you get with talent laden teams with the Alex Smith,Matt Schaub, Brian Hoyer,Kirk Cousins type QBs of the world.

Fear of the unknown, fear of failure. Take a chance. Go for the gusto. We have past the point of no return for Dak he is what he is. Every qb of note at least got to a Super bowl by this point in their career.

6. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    Ask him he if has the same standards for Romo? That will end the conversation, unless the numerous excuses are repeated again to defend Romo.

Rayman70 likes this.
  7. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

8,407 Messages
    3,277 Likes Received
    New Dak perception: Dak got his yards in garbage time

take the three games were Dak put up numbers while being down

Packers - 463 yards
    Bills - 355 yards
    Bears - 334 yards

add in the ‘meaningless’ fianale

Skins - 303 yards

added up = 1,455

Take away those yards from 4,902 and you have a total of 3,447

Which gave Dak an average of 287 yards per over the other 12 games. Stretch that out over 16 games and you have a total of 4,596... reality

but but(competition)... save the same intensity for HOF Matt Ryan and Phillip Rivers

There was a moron on Twitter who said Dak put up hollow numbers vs Minnesota, You guys aren’t that ignorant, are you?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    UncleRico and Rayman70 like this.
  8. Rayman70

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    think I did. Romo wasn't held to the same tough standard as SOME here hold Dak too.

Aviano90 likes this.
  9. Captain-Crash

5,522 Messages
    6,416 Likes Received
    smh, romo now enters the conversation. what's next? "find another team if you don't like Dak"

10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

47,873 Messages
    34,873 Likes Received
    I think he was Ray....by some, and maybe even many.

Here was a guy that led the entire league during the last 7 years that he started in late 4th qtr comeback winning drives (with his team), yet was remembered by some almost solely for the times he failed. So much so, that the guy who so often went for the throat in tough situations (the exact opposite of what a shriveling choker does) was actually labeled.... a choker.

Rayman70 and Captain-Crash like this.
  11. Wizarus

Wizarus Well-Known Member

734 Messages
    633 Likes Received
    Not true at all people called for Romo's head for years.

12. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    Every complaint about Dak can be made about Romo. Romo was a little better and because of that many excuse his mistakes that led to our failures while remembering all other mistakes to deflect any blame from Romo. Total double standard.

13. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    Hence his use of the word some and not all.

14. Captain-Crash

5,522 Messages
    6,416 Likes Received
    neither one is good enough, but let's just settle on them because, you know, "it's hard to find another quarterback"

pjtoadie, Philmonroe and Rayman70 like this.
  15. Rayman70

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    that's fair. But we gotta understand how hard it is to find a true franchise QB. Dak is all we got...and he isn't great..but hes pretty damn good. He's not going anywhere. We may as well embrace the idea and try to be positive and debate ways to get better. FIRST WAY....THE COACHING.

DFWJC likes this.
  16. Rayman70

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    SETTLE? lmao...It would take a Goff like trade on draft day THEN SOME...to land a true lock elite QB with Joe Burrow.

17. Captain-Crash

5,522 Messages
    6,416 Likes Received
    what quarterback can't get a 500 season result with this offensive line and running back and receivers? seriously

zeke21, BoysForLife, pjtoadie and 2 others like this.
  18. Rayman70

16,534 Messages
    14,551 Likes Received
    garrett was our HC and Marinelli was our D coord. OUR LINEBACKERS SUCKED AND OUR DLINE WAS TRASH. We either refused to tackle or the scheme was that bad. Dak doesn't play D.Its a team game.

19. Captain-Crash

5,522 Messages
    6,416 Likes Received
    but who couldn't get a 500 season result with the offensive line, running back and receivers we have?

BoysForLife likes this.
  20. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    5,251 Likes Received
    I don't hate him. Don't even know him.

I don't want him as our quarterback under any circumstances. I have no problem "admitting" that.

Just admit you'll never give any blame to Dak for and that you don't think it's possible for the Cowboys to improve at the quarterback position and we'll call it even

zeke21, Philmonroe and Captain-Crash like this.