1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

CBS: Dak and projected 2020 franchise tag of $32.5M

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    I am well aware that finding a franchise qb no matter the round is hard. That it's not an exact science look at Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston's careers. One is Jeff George, Jr. and the other is a complete injury prone,basket case who's just been beat out by Ryan Tannihill thoroughly. Both were can't miss prospects in 5 years ago.

Still you have to take a chance. You can't just play it safe and tread water. We gave Dak his entire rookie contract to prove he can get it done. Help deliver a championship and it didn't happen.

We can talk about his contemporaries. From vets to young guns. Even Matt Ryan's saw super bowl action. No one thinks too highly of him.

Drafting a qb isn't a guarantee but sinking a decade into a qb just so you can tread water is less appealing to me.

zeke21, pjtoadie, mardwin and 3 others like this.
  2. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

5,522 Messages
    6,418 Likes Received
    look above it was the defense's fault and coaches. lmao
    what's even funnier? Some admit he's not a franchise quarterback, but want to pay him like he is? why, we can get the same 500 results cheaper, and use the money on the defense.

3. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    5,251 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Philmonroe and Captain-Crash like this.
  4. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

4,357 Messages
    8,070 Likes Received
    GRIER? Dude, come on! I don’t like Dak either and don’t want to keep him, but Grier is garbage. He threw 3 or 4 interceptions in the Saints game I think? I live in NC. People like Kyle Allen over him. Do NOT trade for Grier. We have a better chance at drafting than going for him.

pjtoadie and Captain-Crash like this.
  5. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

5,522 Messages
    6,418 Likes Received
    I'm in NC too, but don't watch any panthers game. A lot of friends think Allen is better. I think Cam and his pocketbook has one more year and will be a handful for the next coach.

AmariChill likes this.
  6. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Yeah vhs used to be a thing too. THAT HAPPENED but guess what both happenings have in common? They are in the past. This is now 2020 stop harping on what was done 3/4 years ago.

BoysForLife and Captain-Crash like this.
  7. Philmonroe

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I’m tired of this disingenuous bs. Show the exact poster who had two different standards not this bogey strawman y’all love to do. One standard for Tony and another for Dak crying but never put no names or proof to it just random emotional gibberish. Please stop it.

Captain-Crash and BoysForLife like this.
  8. Philmonroe

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Your honest question doesn’t seem honest going by the context of the post you responded to. I didn’t put nothing in your mouth just posted based on how I took the question. You say I’m wrong ok my bad.

9. Philmonroe

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    The funny thing about this Romo double standard how come none of these poster can show us the posters or proof of this double talk. They just say it going all emotional with no proof at all. That’s not how things work. You can’t say any ole thing with no proof and think welp that’s it I’m right. No you have to have some proof to back up your claims otherwise you make yourself look bad.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  10. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

3,045 Messages
    4,504 Likes Received
    How are you going to build a championship-caliber defense if you are overpaying at the QB position? You can't pay a guy $30M+ that doesn't make anyone around him better.

pjtoadie and Philmonroe like this.
  11. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,930 Messages
    13,056 Likes Received
    32.5 million , is a good deal for both parties .

12. mardwin

3,045 Messages
    4,504 Likes Received
    But you are ok with Dak? Dalton is not as terrible as you might think.

13. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    I don’t mind getting rid of Dak. His value to the team was he got paid just over $4 million total for 4 years of play.

I don’t want a piece of crap proven loser as a QB. If we can’t draft a stud, then draft another mid round cheap QB and then make a run for a top QB the following year. Dalton is every bit as bad as I think and I don’t want him on the team. He was stealing money from the Bengals.

14. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,593 Messages
    7,450 Likes Received
    I'd rather take my chances with Dalton for a third the price, they're in the same tier of QB's.

15. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    809 Likes Received
    I agree. Franchising isn't smart. You immediately drop a $32 million cap hit vs starting with a cap hit around $10 million and escalating as the cap goes up. How don't see how you can say paying Dak $32 million will wreck the team and then advocate for paying Dak $32 million under the franchise tag.

16. mardwin

3,045 Messages
    4,504 Likes Received
    The guy is no Tom Brady but he can get the job done at least in competing and winning games.

17. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,541 Messages
    4,423 Likes Received
    Dumbest fan base in the NFL and this thread proves it.

18. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,927 Messages
    14,427 Likes Received
    We aren’t winning anything with Andy Dalton. I’d rather go 0-16 and draft #1 than have Opie.

kskboys likes this.
  19. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,380 Messages
    21,574 Likes Received
    Elway was in the league 14 years before he won a super bowl.

Point: Every QB must have the right pieces around him, including good OC's. Maybe Dak has it and maybe he doesn't, but right now this org is a complete clusterfudge. Putting it all on the QB is rather shallow.

20. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,380 Messages
    21,574 Likes Received
    Just tell me you're joking.