1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

CBS: Dak and projected 2020 franchise tag of $32.5M

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Dec 31, 2019.

1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,340 Messages
    21,519 Likes Received
    OK, but the point you're missing is that under the franchise tag, we get one more year to see exactly what Dak is worth. Since he's shown both good and bad at this point, another year is definitely warranted. Hopefully w/ a competent coaching staff who is more likely to maximize his skillset.

2. kskboys

19,340 Messages
    21,519 Likes Received
    You think Dalton is better than Dak? I mean, I understand if someone believes Dak isn't the savior, but Dalton? That's beyond screwball thinking.

3. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

3,045 Messages
    4,504 Likes Received
    Take Dak and put him in Cincy then you tell me who's better.

zeke21, csirl and BoysForLife like this.
  4. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,725 Messages
    3,624 Likes Received
    How about if our receivers didnt lead the league in drops this year . or we had a reliable kicker that didnt leave 30 points on the field . Some semblance of order on special teams .

Any one of the things you and I mentioned would have taken us to the playoffs correct all 5 and thats a trip to NFC championship game .

5. kskboys

19,340 Messages
    21,519 Likes Received
    Dak, by miles and miles.

I understand your thoughts on Dak, that's fine, but to think Dalton is in any way the answer?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Maybe the wr don’t lead the league in drops if your football bae doesn’t have the trash accuracy issues he’s had since college

7. MyUserName

MyUserName Well-Known Member

270 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Hopefully with another team ...he's just not Dallas QB worthy.

8. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,930 Messages
    13,056 Likes Received
    Dak at 32 mill is a win win for Jerry .

Sells t-shirts .

kskboys likes this.
  9. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,725 Messages
    3,624 Likes Received
    And maybe they do as we have all watched it hit them smack in both hands and drop it in our most important game against the Eagles . I can think of 4 in that game alone to different receivers that would have changed the game

10. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    Point is Elway made the Super Bowl 3 times in the 1980s. You can't gloss over that.

11. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    The point still stands @kskboys the really good ones win early and often. Get there early and win late, get there early and can never get back.

Montana
    Marino
    Elway
    Kelly
    Big Ben
    Tom Brady
    Eli Manning
    Favre
    Troy

All fall within range. If we're being favorable toward championship game appearances then Matt Ryan in 2012 and Peyton Manning of the early 2000 Colts can be added. Phillip Rivers in 2007.

Even Boomer Easiason and the 1988 Bengals are included.

It's similar with coaches as well.

12. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

1,618 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but your gonna have to find a new team to cheer for. Dak is gonna get tagged or get a contract.

13. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,930 Messages
    13,056 Likes Received
    Jerry will tag or sign dak at any cost .

Once this senile & lunatic GM has made a decision, he won't change his mind . Even if it means having a 10 year catastrophe (see Garrett) .

MyUserName, mardwin and pjtoadie like this.
  14. kskboys

19,340 Messages
    21,519 Likes Received
    Sorry, that's not the point. Marino went once, Fouts never went; Jurgenson, Moon, Gabriel, Cunningham, Meredith, Krieg. All were top notch QB's who never made it.

The point is that there are many more factors than the QB.

15. CowboysFever1973

CowboysFever1973 Well-Known Member

319 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Agree.

Hes dirtball dak!

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  16. kskboys

19,340 Messages
    21,519 Likes Received
    You just shot yourself in the foot. Marino went to one super bowl and lost. Not early and often.

Payton Manning didn't make it until his 9th year in the league.

For some reason, you're making my argument stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof likes this.
  17. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Yeah I saw just as many go 3/4 feet above their head but I know y'all don't want y'all's football bae to have any faults. He's Alex Smith Jr. You need to accept it now before you turn on him later

18. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,634 Messages
    7,148 Likes Received

Comparisons aren’t your strong suit I see lol

19. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,891 Messages
    5,241 Likes Received
    Unless there's some sort of a movement to bring Romo back and pay him $40 million per year, this is another straw man

Whatever people's thoughts of Romo are doesn't matter at this time

Dak is the guy who is asking for 35 to 40 million dollars per year. His qualifications are the only subject matter pertinent to this discussion

20. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,634 Messages
    7,148 Likes Received
    who said all world? Or even top 5? What’s wrong with y’all man, is honest discussion too much to ask for?

but no, cinci would much rather draft a stud on a 5 yr rookie wage. Stop being disingenuous (or flat out stupid if it’s not purposeful )

zeke21 likes this.