News: CBS: Eagles dysfunction led to Pederson getting ridiculed and criticized for every decision

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Maybe I don't read enough of the posts, but for the most part, I see a lot of disgust. Quite a few could also be construed as not many. It's definitely not a significant percentage.

I think the point is it’s laughable that Cowboy fans deride the Eagles front office as buffoons despite the Eagles winning a Super Bowl in 2017.

I’ve said before, but the last time we even sniffed a conference championship game was during a time people were still free trials of AOL via a CD.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think the point is it’s laughable that Cowboy fans deride the Eagles front office as buffoons despite the Eagles winning a Super Bowl in 2017.

I’ve said before, but the last time we even sniffed a conference championship game was during a time people were still free trials of AOL via a CD.

I certainly carry no level or pride for what the Cowboys have done the past 23 years nor do I care what the Eagle's F.O. does as long as they keep losing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wish we had the type of success in the playoffs that the Eagles have had lately.

Hate on em all you want, but at least they won something this quarter century.

We don't care..

We just want to cheer for Dak and gang. Who cares about winning championships. Just be relevant is all we ask.

Heck, our owner will even pay you like a Superbowl Champion with little to no playoff success.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I would love to say we won the Super Bowl in 2017 and lament about the bonehead moves our team has made since.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn't a team in the division I dislike more than the Eagles. Maybe in the entire league.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"The Eagles head coach was forced to have sit-down meetings with Lurie and Roseman every Tuesday, which took a mental toll on him"

Meeting with the teams owner and GM shouldn't be a bad thing even if it is tiring. Gotta be on the same page.

817Gill

Reaction score
What's even more comical is all the local experts around here who thought the Eagles were the class of the league a few years back and posted ad nauseam about it.
I never understood that. They had 1 dominant season and had a below .500 record in the other games combined.

CWR

Reaction score
I remember clowns on here telling me the eagles would dominate for a decade. Sure lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Thanks for reminding me! I really need to cash in on all those free hours!

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
So how many picks did they trade for Wentz? And, where is he now? They're still a horrible team.

If I have this added up correctly, it only cost the eagles alonzo, maxwell, and bradford to go get wentz. The Eagles possibly could be exchanging a 2nd round pick for a 1st in 2022. The letters indicate which picks cancel each other out. Hope this answers your question of how many picks they gave up, and that he's on the colts.

Eagles received ----------------------dolphins received
pick #8 (1st round) *A----------------pick #13 (1st round)*A kiko alonzo, byron maxwell

Eagles received-------------------------Browns received
pick #2 wentz (1st round) *B----------Pick #8 (1st round)*B
--------------------------------------------------#77(3rd round)*C
--------------------------------------------------#100 (4th round) *D
--------------------------------------------------2017 1st round pick *E
--------------------------------------------------2018 2nd round pick ** cancels with colts 2022 pick which could become a 1st

Acquiring wentz made sam bradford expendable

Eagles received --------------------------------------------------Vikings received
2017 1st round pick *E------------------------------------------Sam Bradford
2018 4th round pick *D

Eagles received--------------------------------------------------Colts received
2021 3rd round pick*C--------------------------------------------------Wentz
2022 Conditional 1st or 2nd **to be determined

basel90

Reaction score
Would rather have had pederson over Garrett or MM . At least pedesom beat beliceck and Brady at their prime with a masterful game plan and gutsy calls , with a back up QB . That is coaching .

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If I have this added up correctly, it only cost the eagles alonzo, maxwell, and bradford to go get wentz. The Eagles possibly could be exchanging a 2nd round pick for a 1st in 2022. The letters indicate which picks cancel each other out. Hope this answers your question of how many picks they gave up, and that he's on the colts.

Eagles received ----------------------dolphins received
pick #8 (1st round) *A----------------pick #13 (1st round)*A kiko alonzo, byron maxwell

Eagles received-------------------------Browns received
pick #2 wentz (1st round) *B----------Pick #8 (1st round)*B
--------------------------------------------------#77(3rd round)*C
--------------------------------------------------#100 (4th round) *D
--------------------------------------------------2017 1st round pick *E
--------------------------------------------------2018 2nd round pick ** cancels with colts 2022 pick which could become a 1st

Acquiring wentz made sam bradford expendable

Eagles received --------------------------------------------------Vikings received
2017 1st round pick *E------------------------------------------Sam Bradford
2018 4th round pick *D

Eagles received--------------------------------------------------Colts received
2021 3rd round pick*C--------------------------------------------------Wentz
2022 Conditional 1st or 2nd **to be determined
I like wild rationalizations.
They're fun!
Never mind all the possibilities of what the team could have done if they did not go for Wentz in the first place and built more around their Super Bowl winner.
Or whatever. That's about all I'm going to pay attention to this.