News: CBS: Eagles dysfunction led to Pederson getting ridiculed and criticized for every decision

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
A chip is a chip. Wish I could say we had one in the last quarter century.
Several teams wish they could too.
We're not alone.

It took KC, what? A million years to get their first?

We're spoiled brats, in comparison.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I like wild rationalizations.
They're fun!
Never mind all the possibilities of what the team could have done if they did not go for Wentz in the first place and built more around their Super Bowl winner.
Or whatever. That's about all I'm going to pay attention to this.

I simply stated what WAS done, you are stating what they COULD of done. Wild Rationalizations is the correct term! They needed wentz to win the super bowl, there would be no super bowl winner to build around without him. You can say foles won the super bowl for the eagles, but wentz got them thru the regular season and earned them the #1 seed.

Motorola

Reaction score
Several teams wish they could too.
We're not alone.

It took KC, what? A million years to get their first?

We're spoiled brats, in comparison.
Chiefs in three consecutive AFC Championship games - winning the last two.
1-1 in the last two Super Bowls.
They're doing a very good job of making up for that long drought.

Motorola

Reaction score
I wish we had the type of success in the playoffs that the Eagles have had lately.

Hate on em all you want, but at least they won something this quarter century.
Six NFC Championship Games in the last 20 seasons - 2001-20 (2-4 record)
Two Super Bowl appearances; one NFL Championship

Proof

Reaction score
"The Eagles head coach was forced to have sit-down meetings with Lurie and Roseman every Tuesday, which took a mental toll on him"

Meeting with the teams owner and GM shouldn't be a bad thing even if it is tiring. Gotta be on the same page.

Yeah I thought that was odd

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Chiefs in three consecutive AFC Championship games - winning the last two.
1-1 in the last two Super Bowls.
They're doing a very good job of making up for that long drought.
We all live in the present!

erod

Reaction score
Thought it was worthwhile to post here as we often lament how our organization is run. But Roseman seems like a real peach. You wonder if that 2017 SB was just lightning in a bottle.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...and-criticized-for-every-decision-per-report/
Absolutely it was. Nick Foles is garbage, but for a few short weeks, he was fantastic. The Vikings, as they've done multiple times in their existence, fell on their face when they had the best team in the conference that year.

What's glorious is how quickly that Super Bowl wore off. The Eagle fans don't reallly know how to process it anymore because almost everybody, including their head coach and both quarterbacks, are gone from that roster. It was purely accidental to the point that it almost doesn't count. It's like winning a championship during a strike-shortened season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan