U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dec 12, 2008 5:46 PM
DENNIS, ANYONE?

Posted by CBS11
December 12, 2008

---When my child acts up in public, it is a reflection of how I have failed her as her daddy. THE COWBOYS are acting like children. It is a reflection of how WADE has failed them as their daddy.

---The "TERRELL OWENS IS TAKING DOWN ANOTHER TEAM" bandwagon has screamed out of the garage and is recklessly crashing into everything in its path. Way too easy. If the Cowboys are indeed a sinking ship...is T.O. really the only captain that has steered it into an iceberg?

---Mavs coach RICK CARLISLE apparently annoyed by all the questions asked about J.J. Berea's "surprising" contribution to the team lately...said on the radio this week...something like...he was bothered by TV reporters that show up once a month chasing the hot story. Since I just happened to be a TV reporter...who showed up to a Mavs shoot around for the first time this season this week...and did ask some J.J. Berea questions...I feel I can ask this: Wouldn't the coach serve the Mavs better if he worried more about them and less about my reporting schedule?

---My wife aptly pointed out recently that if we were to put antlers on our 80-pound white lab puppy, Woody, he would look just like a reindeer.
Anybody need to hire a perfect holiday season lawn ornament?

---PREDICTION...if the COWBOYS somehow muster enough to clobber the Giants Sunday night...some of them will say they used "the divisive media" as motivation. On the other hand, if the GIANTS once again clobber the Cowboys...they will arrogantly giggle at the underachieving circus that this Cowboy's team has become.

---I have a HOLIDAY SEASON WISH...that in her next life...my wife finds one of those perfect husbands that is actually good at and interested in putting up outside Christmas decorations. (Come to think of it, she might still find it in this life.)

---THUMBS UP Cowboys...Jason Witten and Tony Romo for taking the blame for the loss in Pittsburgh.

---THUMBS DOWN Cowboys...all those gutless anonymous sources that fed ESPN's Ed Werder those quotes about their teammate.

---Cowboys wide receiver ROY WILLIAMS actually told me on the Inside the Huddle show this past week...that the Detroit Lions practice harder than these Dallas Cowboys.

---Favorite HOLIDAY TREAT...those little round, white, powdered cookies. I think they are called "Sandies" or something like that.

---I got a vote for the HEISMAN TROPHY just once in my career. It was an easy one...Barry Sanders in 1988. If I had a vote this year...I think I would have voted for Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree.

---Growing up...my big ole family of seven was big on going BOWLING during the holiday season. Not sure why...but damn I loved it and miss it.

Happy Holidays!

Steve Dennis
CBS11/TXA21 Sports

Comments ( 0 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
--Cowboys wide receiver ROY WILLIAMS actually told me on the Inside the Huddle show this past week...that the Detroit Lions practice harder than these Dallas Cowboys.

Cool.

:)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Vintage;2487055 said:
That could mean two things: (1) practicing harder doesn't help, or (2) we're just infinitely more talented.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
---THUMBS DOWN Cowboys...all those gutless anonymous sources that fed ESPN's Ed Werder those quotes about their teammate.

If there is any...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
theogt;2487057 said:
That could mean two things: (1) practicing harder doesn't help, or (2) we're just infinitely more talented.

I wasn't criticizing it.

I just found it interesting, that's all.

I'd guess its a combination of the two though, if I was a betting man....

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Vintage;2487055 said:

Yeah, and Practices were harder under Bill Parcells too. That got Cowboys lot of wins I guess.

First its the talent and then team playing on Sunday, not practice alone.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
theogt;2487057 said:

You can practice as hard as you want, but without the right people, or strategy, it won't do you any good. You need to work smart before you work hard.

Nav22

Reaction score
they will arrogantly giggle at the underachieving circus that this Cowboy's team has become.
Perception really does become reality, doesn't it?

This '08 Cowboys are 7-3 with Romo as the starting QB. All 3 losses came down to the wire, and all 3 were against teams with a winning record.

How many other teams would kill to "underachieve" like we do?