Cbz40 Game Day Thread | Dallas Cowboys 7 Philadelphia Eagles 34 | FINAL

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4214494 said:
Thinking the same thing... why even drive the ball but not use the time outs... at least make the score look less ridiculous and take some success into the next game.

I would have been pissed if they called a TO. Would have been stupid. just play and let the clock run out and leave with as little injuries as possible.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
burntricersx;4214498 said:
was there a point to take a time out when you're down by 27???

There's a credo in sports that says you don't play against the score, you play against the game.

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
Ren;4214476 said:
Not sure why you're giving Romo a pass he was pretty terrible too

Romo has had a few bad passes this game, but without heroics on his part we'd be scoreless. It is entirely unrealistic for me or anyone to expect perfect accuracy with the sort of breakdowns in protection we had tonight.

We would have finished with 14 if our receivers hadn't bungled it for two snaps in a row and the Eagles hadn't gotten away with a blatant PI.

It's real hard to blame the game on him when he was quickly sacked three times within the first quarter due to poor line play and the defense started us 14 in the hole. Of course, I don't suspect that will keep certain anti-homers such as yourself from trying.

johnny utah

TheCoolFan;4214510 said:
Just draft one of the explosive Arkansas WRs and dump Ogletree and Harris. We need a burner with elite speed that can contribute in the return game and as a deep threat. Ogletree doesn't have elite speed. It's one thing to run a 4.3 in your shorts like Ogletree and Robinson. It's another thing to actually have 4.3 speed when you've got pads on.

WR are the last of our problems

perrykemp

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4214489 said:
I dont think they purposely don't go to Dez, I believe that Dez has no clue what he is doing out there and has no intention of learning!

The few times the camera zero'd in on Dez tonight, frankly, it just didn't look like he was getting any separation.

I know he is physical beyond belief, however, in the NFL you have to get separation. Dez honestly looks like he only has one gear to me. I'm not saying that gear is 'slow', however, elite WRs have multiple gears (typically).

tyke1doe

Reaction score
fifaguy;4214483 said:
Didn't the Rams just easily handle the Saints a loss today? Any given sunday man....

Right, any given Sunday. But that still doesn't make the Rams a good team. There's a reason they're 1-6.

So why would you be confused that we steamrolled the Rams yet played poorly against the Eagles? The reason is because the Eagles are a better team than the Rams. Just because the Rams got it right one Sunday doesn't change that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JoeCorrado;4214514 said:
You wanted kneel downs?

Really?

There's nothing between passing and kneeling down that would allow the cowboys to run out the clock and get the hell out of Philly?

faninjersey

Reaction score
My goodness! I'm glad that it is over. We looked like JV playing Varsity tonight. When was the last time we won a prime time game. We have a knack for getting blasted for the whole world to see. Embarassing.... Embarassing.... EMBARASSING!!!!

CowboysPhan

Obsequious Cowboys Toadie
Reaction score
mldardy;4214488 said:
I think Rob will have a different plan the next time we play the Eagles. The one thing I was sort of afraid in this game was the prep time the Eagles had to study our defense. Some of the comments Vick and Reid made about breaking down our defense gave me caution but I thought we would be good enough to stop them. The Eagles probably won't play this good again on offense the rest of the season. They knew our defense TOO well tonight and we weren't prepared for it..

^^^^^
I think this sums up the situation perfectly.

mldardy

Reaction score
faninjersey;4214550 said:
My goodness! I'm glad that it is over. We looked like JV playing Varsity tonight. When was the last time we won a prime time game. We have a knack for getting blasted for the whole world to see. Embarassing.... Embarassing.... EMBARASSING!!!!
Hey troll we won one in Week 3. Get lost.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4214543 said:
Really?

There's nothing between passing and kneeling down that would allow the cowboys to run out the clock and get the hell out of Philly?
I would think you would run the ball and run out the clock instead of trying to prove something against a defense that quit 10 minutes ago.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4214543 said:
Really?

Drag the game out to attempt what a 34-14 final?

Just practicing the 2 minute drill and hoping to avoid a stupid and useless injury is more the case. Why drag it out with time outs? Not sure I understand the point, the statement, the affect on the game? Injury under those circumstances would irritate me to death.

Dez88Bryant

Reaction score
Hey I would be all for putting some of this blame on romo tonight, but no way with defense letting them score points on 6 straight drives, then on first two drives for romo, tyron smith had breakdowns on two straight downs to cause a punt, then next drive bennett lets ball go threw his hands, which turns into a int. Plus let not talk about the avg at best oline play tonight.