Cbz40 Post Game Day Thread | Dallas Cowboys 13 Arizona Cardinals 19 | FINAL/OT

cds99

Reaction score
Im one to never post much just mainly read others thoughts, but really shows how good db's shut your dominating guys down. I hate to say this but for the majority of the day pp shut dez down. This guy will be raw talent in the nfl. To bad we didn't do more to grab him.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Boyz981;4286956 said:
His ST coach wanted him to call the TO not him. They showed it on the sidelines

It makes ZERO difference. We had 20+ seconds on the clock, a potential 49 yard FG, and two timeouts in the bag. Instead of using a timeout, or even hurrying to spike the ball to run another play to get closer, we took for granted a long FG as a gimme.

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Congratulations to the December 04, 2011 Superbowl Champions, Arizona Cardinals. Yawn.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
A totally stupid thing to do.

There is no benefit at all of doing that.

It makes even less sense than not calling time out with 24 secs to go.

You can run two more plays & try & get the ball closer than 49 yards.

walrus

Reaction score
after the first down, why not call timeout and run the run for a closer field goal. Or let the clock run down to 5 sec with your kicker standing at the sideline and then call timeout. JG cannot be trusted to manage the game clock nor call plays. We need a real OC.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
danzig;4286961 said:
I never want to see the Cowboys scheduled in Arizona again
There's a very good chance that we'll both finish second in our divisions, in which case we'll play there again next year.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Garrett will have some lame excuse in the PC, but fact is, just like the New England game mismanagement, just like not calling a timeout with 25 seconds, just like calling a timeout with 7 seconds, just like repeatedly putting the game on the shoulders of his kicker instead of the arm of his $10M year QB, he doesn't understand the game enough to be a head coach. Obviously, he understands Xs and Os, but when it comes down to applying common sense in a pressure situation, it's over his head. Way over his head.

It's pathetic, but not as pathetic as the fact that the bush league GM/owner will never acknowledge his mistake in hiring a guy not fit to be an HC until he loses for 3 or 4 years.

Of course, the board will be deluged with "it's all still there for us!!!!" threads the next week, but reality is, it never was there. This is still a 2nd rate team that couldn't dream of playing with NO, GB, NE or Pitt on a regular basis.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;4287025 said:
There is only one player on this team and it is Romo.

The defense is full of chokers.
That pass by Romo was one of the most clutch throws you'll ever see. COMPLETELY flushed down the damn toilet by our special needs coach.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
30+ seconds left, we get a big gain with two timeouts left BUT WE DO NOTHING.

Then we ice our own kicker, oh wow.

Garrett is terrible, never liked him, hate that Mofo now more than ever.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4287015 said:
The Giants aren't good.

They seem to be giving the Packers everything they can handle and we just lost to the Cardinals. You're right, our arrow is pointing up.:rolleyes:

Wood

Reaction score
I have said it before....they are worst 1st place Dallas team I have ever seen...and I have seen many. It doesn't take away from Garrett because I think he is doing well with what he has. But its character issues at core of the team....they some how need to find a way to add players who want to step up in pressure situations. Maybe this changes and hopefully it does because Dallas has two monster games against Giants and it will tell us everything we need to know.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
cds99;4287041 said:
Im one to never post much just mainly read others thoughts, but really shows how good db's shut your dominating guys down. I hate to say this but for the majority of the day pp shut dez down. This guy will be raw talent in the nfl. To bad we didn't do more to grab him.

It shows you how worthless Newman is. Jenks held Fitz in check when he was on him. Scandrick did his thing.

Newman the highest paid guy in the secondary has a no named guy bust him for 100+

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Geez, the def gave up 13 pts in regulation. If we gonna blame anyone, blame our entire offensive unit. We cant score 16 on them??? This off sucks, period.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
PFF will credit Spencer with a hurry on that play.

That's worth 3/4ths of a sack.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
Schmuck moron-idiots. What a bunch of losers. Today, they looked like that 8-8 team the realistist predicted they would be.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Imagine if Garrett had called a couple screen passes like the one that got him beat.

loublue22

Reaction score
The icing of our own kicker is one thing, but not calling timeout immediately after Dez's catch is worse.

I can't believe we're dissecting another inexplicable sequence that cost us a game, I thought we were past this. Back to being a joke around the league.