1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Twitter: CD dropping balls continues

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Dak_Attack_09, Jul 29, 2022.

1. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

18,792 Messages
    38,121 Likes Received
    I'll be here.

2. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

18,354 Messages
    25,234 Likes Received
    Zeke , Connor Williams, Collins and Steele at LT.

2 of them remain.

3. MountaineerCowboy

18,792 Messages
    38,121 Likes Received
    Do you believe the additions are better than the subtractions?

I don't.

4. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

8,556 Messages
    11,878 Likes Received
    This is going to get ugly early. Anyone remember when Dez left and they thought that Cole Beasley was going to light it up? Yea this is part II of that act.

5. phildadon86

18,354 Messages
    25,234 Likes Received
    I think Smith replacing Williams is a wash. Especially in year one. Steele at RT was actually great last season. It was when Collins came back the problems started.

I have high hopes for Tolbert. Lamb replacing Cooper remains to be seen. I think people underestimate how good of a route runner Cooper was and the respect the commanded from the other teams however, Lamb towards the end of the season was the one being double covered so there is that as well. Lamb I think will be good but I don't want to get to excited until the pads come on.

Ja'Mar Chase was dropping balls all preseason last year. Look at the year he had. (no i am not comparing their talent just the drops in preseason).

Zeke. Well. We have our bet. I wont go to much into that one. LOL

6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

24,104 Messages
    37,367 Likes Received
    Really only 1 remains because (hopefully) Steele will be at RT where he was pretty good, and not at LT where he struggled some.

7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

33,947 Messages
    29,551 Likes Received
    As long as Lamb has a poor QB throwing him the ball, he will continue to not look like a true 1WR.

WillieBeamen likes this.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

45,298 Messages
    23,864 Likes Received
    If that’s the case we’re in big trouble!

9. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

3,639 Messages
    4,419 Likes Received
    LOL that is a good one.

10. MountaineerCowboy

18,792 Messages
    38,121 Likes Received
    I think Lamb will struggle at least until Gallup comes back. I mean who else is the defense going to fear? Washington? Tolbert?

We have no idea about Smith.

Steele is a who knows also. I'm worried about that spot.

Zeke, with another year of wear and tear is not going to find some kind of fountain of youth. We'd be better off if him and Pollard split carries.

I actually think Schultz will be the biggest weapon for most of the season in the receiving game and that worries me also.

11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

45,298 Messages
    23,864 Likes Received
    That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I’ve seen in a long time…wow! :facepalm:

irving, Big D and Jstopper like this.
  12. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

24,248 Messages
    22,501 Likes Received
    He’s just a creeper, period

baltcowboy and thunderpimp91 like this.
  13. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    3,612 Likes Received
    that is nit picking ,. in traffic and slightly under-thrown . Cee dee will only get better

14. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    9,032 Likes Received
    Lamb dropped 8 balls on 120 targets last year....Room to improve for sure, but this is far from a major concern. Those numbers put him better than Deebo Samuel (10 drops on 121 targets) and Jamaar Chase (11 drops on 128 targets)

Plenty of really good receivers have had drop issues to start their careers and many were able to clean up the drops pretty significantly. Amari Cooper was one of the worst his first few seasons in the league at drops, now one of the better receivers in that category.

john van brocklin likes this.
  15. phildadon86

18,354 Messages
    25,234 Likes Received
    Steele was good at RT last season. I would hope another year of practice will make him better. I think we agree mostly.

This is why I wanted to build an elite defense. The offense is going to take a step back for the beginning of the season. Why not build the team around Parsons? \

Imagine this defense with Jermaine Johnson and Travis Jones on it?

16. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

28,763 Messages
    32,134 Likes Received
    Oh no, a player is dropping passes in practice? Season over!! Time to tank! Great season everyone, but it's over before it began!

john van brocklin and DallasEast like this.
  17. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

28,763 Messages
    32,134 Likes Received
    I agree in all seriousness. There's only so much a QB can do. If a WR drops passes, then there's not much a QB can do about that. Especially as catching the ball is literally the WRs job. Yes, the big plays are nice, but we need him to catch the ball. Hopefully, Turpin can catch. If he can, then that'll solve a lot of problems, especially with his speed. How brilliant would it be if he's like a much quicker version of Colr Beasley?

18. MountaineerCowboy

18,792 Messages
    38,121 Likes Received
    The way the 49ers did it during their Super Bowl run a few years ago and continue to do it now is perfect for us I believe. They have a great defense and run game.

If we could replicate that then we'd be in business. I just do not think that our current ownership and coaching staff have that as a priority.

19. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

27,415 Messages
    28,539 Likes Received
    Hi Ranched,
    I want to personally respond to you, as I have a lot of respect for you, and did not understand your criticism.
    I have tried to be balanced in my views of the Cowboys, praise when its due and criticism when I feel it's deserved.
    I like CD and have high hopes for him and hope whatever is causing him to drop some easy passes can get corrected.
    He was high of the list of WRs for drops last season so it is a valid concern.
    I have never called for Turnip at all, so not sure what that's all about.
    Thanks for your time and have a great day !
    Go Cowboys !
    :star::star::star:

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    51,421 Messages
    42,151 Likes Received
    "Well that's great, that's just <expletive> great man. Now what the <expletive> are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty <expletive> now man. That's it man, game over man, game over! What the <expletive> are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"