Cedric may just be a play maker

Number1

Reaction score

this kid is an example of what the FO knows that we don't, but here's what I do know

- I wanted more speed when he was drafted - Amari and Gallup kinda makes up for that

- he runs as good a slant as any WR on this team

- good hands and athletic enough to play X and Y,
* TWill but IMO faster and smarter and with better hands. but still no extra gear *
* note - no one questioned Dak's deep game with Dez and TWill *

- neither Gallup or Cooper can play a true X, Wilson can
* BTW, Amari Cooper is a prototype Z, but can play all spots, Gallup is a near perfect Y

- but I ain't seen Cedric do it vs NFL talent - the R6 pick may be right - but he seems rather confident

- what the Boys think of him will have a huge impact on the draft / Beasley / Hurns / Brown

- personally I'd draft another big WR - but Cedric may just have the right stuff for this unit

RoboQB

Reaction score
Well, he's already reached the "half the fans can't even spell my name right" status... lol.

To start a thread about a promising player and mispell his first name... lol... smh.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/24...n-to-replace-Terrance-Williams-128438007/Amp/

He was second in the entire FBS is deep receiving yards in 2017 too. Played 26 games in college. Had 2640 yards and 20 TD.

His dad was a college and NFL WR. 7 or 8 years with the 9ers and Steelers. Caught a couple playoff TDS.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

this kid is an example of what the FO knows that we don't, but here's what I do know

- I wanted more speed when he was drafted - Amari and Gallup kinda makes up for that

- he runs as good a slant as any WR on this team

- good hands and athletic enough to play X and Y,
* TWill but IMO faster and smarter and with better hands. but still no extra gear *
* note - no one questioned Dak's deep game with Dez and TWill *

- neither Gallup or Cooper can play a true X, Wilson can
* BTW, Amari Cooper is a prototype Z, but can play all spots, Gallup is a near perfect Y

- but I ain't seen Cedric do it vs NFL talent - the R6 pick may be right - but he seems rather confident

- what the Boys think of him will have a huge impact on the draft / Beasley / Hurns / Brown

- personally I'd draft another big WR - but Cedric may just have the right stuff for this unit

Cedrick (with a K) Wilson is a terrific route runner.

Before the 2018 draft I had Wilson and Gallup as 2 od the top 3 route runners in that draft.

Wilson was ahead of Gallup in training camp before the injury.

Cedrick Wilson
6-2, 197
Hands 9-3/4"
Vert 37"
3-cone 6.89
Forty 4.55 (Antonio Brown ran 4.57)

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Cedrick (with a K) Wilson is a terrific route runner.

Before the 2018 draft I had Wilson and Gallup as 2 od the top 3 route runners in that draft.

Wilson was ahead of Gallup in training camp before the injury.

Cedrick Wilson
6-2, 197
Hands 9-3/4"
Vert 37"
3-cone 6.89
Forty 4.55 (Antonio Brown ran 4.57)

It's interesting to me that they were talking about obtaining a toolbox of route runners last year and the pro acquisition flopped but Gallup and Wilson apparently were a big part of it.

Too bad Wilson missed the year of development, we saw how much Gallup improved down the stretch and with Cooper's arrival. At least now we know Gallup has something to his game.

Cooper, Gallup, Wilson, could be interesting. If Wilson looks as good as the first two then that would be a hell of a talent infusion in just 6 months (Gallup and Wilson selections late April, Cooper trade late October).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's interesting to me that they were talking about obtaining a toolbox of route runners last year and the pro acquisition flopped but Gallup and Wilson apparently were a big part of it.

Too bad Wilson missed the year of development, we saw how much Gallup improved down the stretch and with Cooper's arrival. At least now we know Gallup has something to his game.

Cooper, Gallup, Wilson, could be interesting. If Wilson looks as good as the first two then that would be a hell of a talent infusion in just 6 months (Gallup and Wilson selections late April, Cooper trade late October).

Yes, they are obviously very focused on good route runners. Aikman says Cooper is the besr route run that's he has seen. Gallup and Wilson were top tier route runners in college.

It's the opposite end of the spectrum from having Dez as the #1 WR. His route running was like watching 6 year olds playing soccer. They all just follow the ball with no clue about anything else.

The only flop was that Hurns was underwhelming; although nobody including the team really expected him to be a legit #1 WR but he was the defacto #1 to start the season because they wisely didn'r get into a bidding war to obtain Sammy Watkins.

It appears they like Hurns enough to keep him this season.

Deonte Thompson actually played more than expected (he was signed a just a deep threat). They would have lost the 4th round comp pick if Thompson remained on the roster; therefore they cut him after they traded for Cooper.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

It would prove that this Cowboys Front Office actually does know what it's doing. Would be time to stop bashing them and instead give them credit.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That QB, Brett Rypien looks better than Dak in that video. Maybe we should consider drafting him. I wonder what a Boise guy like Kellen Moore thinks about that? I'm also excited that Wilson can throw the ball if need be. They need to draw up a play or two to take advantage of that. This offseason, I've been making it a point to remind y'all not to forget about Cedrick Wilson on this team. Thank you OP for being onboard.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Was he? I don't remember hearing much.
NFL Combine: Cedrick Wilson draws praise for route-running, good hands

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article...se-for-route-running-good-hands/277-525299244

Cedrick Wilson has picked up the Cowboys offense quickly

One of the rookie wide receivers has impressed early on in OTAs.

Sanjay joined the Doomsday Podcast this week and was asked about those that could help fill the void left by Dez. He elaborated on a few players, including Noah Brown and Lance Lenoir, but he spoke particularly highly of sixth-round rookie Cedrick Wilson.

Ced’s picked up the offense probably better than most of the guys in the room. And now it’s becoming like, “Okay we need a guy to run in there, Ced, go in,” and he knows what to do. Today (Wednesday) he scored a touchdown.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...p-the-dallas-cowboys-offense-quickly-ota-2018

Key players to focus on during Cowboys 2018 training camp

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...oys-2018-training-camp-119768538/#119768538_1