Cedric may just be a play maker

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
It's the opposite end of the spectrum from having Dez as the #1 WR. His route running was like watching 6 year olds playing soccer. They all just follow the ball with no clue about anything else.

:muttley:

CWR

Reaction score

this kid is an example of what the FO knows that we don't, but here's what I do know

- I wanted more speed when he was drafted - Amari and Gallup kinda makes up for that

- he runs as good a slant as any WR on this team

- good hands and athletic enough to play X and Y,
* TWill but IMO faster and smarter and with better hands. but still no extra gear *
* note - no one questioned Dak's deep game with Dez and TWill *

- neither Gallup or Cooper can play a true X, Wilson can
* BTW, Amari Cooper is a prototype Z, but can play all spots, Gallup is a near perfect Y

- but I ain't seen Cedric do it vs NFL talent - the R6 pick may be right - but he seems rather confident

- what the Boys think of him will have a huge impact on the draft / Beasley / Hurns / Brown

- personally I'd draft another big WR - but Cedric may just have the right stuff for this unit

I would hope he is smarter than Twill lol, good post.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cedric Wilson was tearing it up in Training Camp before he suffered the season-ending shoulder injury. He'll be good to go this year since he had all of the 2018 season to recover from shoulder surgery. Looking forward to seeing what Cedric brings to the Cowboys.

He is better than Terrence Williams....that I know for sure. Better hands...better route runner. We stole him in the 6th round.;)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think he's going to have a shot to get some PT. I can't see us making WR a huge priority in the draft when they want to kick the tires on some of these other cheap alternatives.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Durable. Reliable. Great hands. He catches the ball long and in traffic, breaks tackles and explodes once he gets his hands on the ball. I hope he lasts until day three but I dunno. He's going to thrive in a Tarik Cohen role as a pro. Love for it to be in Dallas.

From 2018 and 2017...

Wow!!! You should start a separate thread and label it "Cole Beasley's hopeful replacement" or something like that. Post both vids. Awesome stuff! Thanks for mentioning him. I believe the Cowboys should go after him much sooner like with their 3rd round pick.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Crazy thought.

How about we see the kid play before we talk about him being a great find, a real contributor, etc?

I know. Crazy.
Aw, c'mon, Syd. It's the offseason. It's fun to be hopeful, especially about guys already on the roster! ;)

Number1

Reaction score
Aw, c'mon, Syd. It's the offseason. It's fun to be hopeful, especially about guys already on the roster! ;)

I'm trying real hard not get over hyper about a late round pick.

Mostly he's the type of deep WR that Dak needs real bad and he runs a nice slant

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, they are obviously very focused on good route runners. Aikman says Cooper is the besr route run that's he has seen. Gallup and Wilson were top tier route runners in college.

It's the opposite end of the spectrum from having Dez as the #1 WR. His route running was like watching 6 year olds playing soccer. They all just follow the ball with no clue about anything else.

The only flop was that Hurns was underwhelming; although nobody including the team really expected him to be a legit #1 WR but he was the defacto #1 to start the season because they wisely didn'r get into a bidding war to obtain Sammy Watkins.

It appears they like Hurns enough to keep him this season.

Deonte Thompson actually played more than expected (he was signed a just a deep threat). They would have lost the 4th round comp pick if Thompson remained on the roster; therefore they cut him after they traded for Cooper.
Hurns is a nice #2/3 type WR. I thought he did OK once Coop got here.

kskboys

Reaction score
That QB, Brett Rypien looks better than Dak in that video. Maybe we should consider drafting him. I wonder what a Boise guy like Kellen Moore thinks about that? I'm also excited that Wilson can throw the ball if need be. They need to draw up a play or two to take advantage of that. This offseason, I've been making it a point to remind y'all not to forget about Cedrick Wilson on this team. Thank you OP for being onboard.
His limited arm strength will most likely limit his career. Knows the game though, and prolly has twice the arm strength of LolliRush!!!

RoboQB

Reaction score
We all misspell names or words from time to time. Cedric/Cedrick Wilson...we all know who we are talking about. :cool:

Some of us mispell names all the time. Even while including a video that shows it spelled correctly.
"David Irvin, Michael Irving, Jason Whitten"... it's quite lazy, that's all.

I'd rather be corrected or reminded than continue on with the mistake. But smirk away, if you must.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm trying real hard not get over hyper about a late round pick.

Mostly he's the type of deep WR that Dak needs real bad and he runs a nice slant
Very deep WR class, and Wilson is not a combine baby and went to a small football school. Has the traits to succeed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of us mispell names all the time. Even while including a video that shows it spelled correctly.
"David Irvin, Michael Irving, Jason Whitten"... it's quite lazy, that's all.

I'd rather be corrected or reminded than continue on with the mistake. But smirk away, if you must.
David Irvin
Michael Irving
Jason Whitten

Correct? :cool::cool::cool:

RoboQB

Reaction score
David Irvin
Michael Irving
Jason Whitten

Correct? :cool::cool::cool:

It is perfectly okay for you to show your ignorance.
It would be even better if you wore a sign in public so everyone else
can see you coming.

I'll give the OP benefit of doubt. Maybe he often posts about Cedric the Entertainer and
his smart phone was confused and deleted the "k".

Have a nice day Canadian Eagle or Mexican Commander, whatever you call yourself. It doesn't matter.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It is perfectly okay for you to show your ignorance.
It would be even better if you wore a sign in public so everyone else
can see you coming.

I'll give the OP benefit of doubt. Maybe he often posts about Cedric the Entertainer and
his smart phone was confused and deleted the "k".

Have a nice day Canadian Eagle or Mexican Commander, whatever you call yourself. It doesn't matter.
Wat deed ya sae?

fansince68

Reaction score
Can he return punts. I've seen enough of Austin. Too fragile and soft.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He might turn out to be a good player.
It would be a nice addition to the team if he did and help out with our WR decisions that will be made this year and next.

However to be fair.

Just because he was looking good at the start of last years camp before his injury does not therefore mean he will continue to do well in this camp and into this season.

We have had some WRs and TEs that have looked good in camp only to later start to fizzle out in camp, or maybe fizzle out one the season starts and never really amount to anything of note.

I liked him coming out in the draft and was shocked we got him where we did as I think he has good potential. I also am hoping that since it was not a knee/ankle/or leg injury that can hurt any speed or cutting abilities going forward.

It would be nice if we could get someone to work in the slot and also a return threat. I don't know if that is what they see in him.