News: Cedric Wilson, what to do as he is a RFA

Mannix

Reaction score
------And then look to bring Noah Brown back

Sigh.........

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
hes not marginal. When hes in the line up and Dak is the QB he's really good. Marginal wouldnt be the way I would describe him. Marginal would be a guy like Blake Bell...or Terrence Steele, all our lkinebackers.

Cedrick does have good chemistry with Dak. 36 ypg in the first 4 games last year. We tender Cedrick and trade Gallup. Not that out of the ordinary either. In the only game he got significant snaps in 2019, against the Jets, he had 46.

Nice possession receiver to come in on 3rd downs. Works on special teams. Delivers value. I hope he keeps working his arm to where he trusts it. Should have made that 4th down play last year. It was there.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I know we need defense this year but there will probably be a time when our pick is up that a good WR is the BPA.

PFF hypothesized us getting a 3rd and 4th for Gallup. I think it's too much, but trading Gallup gives us more picks, and more slack to take an offensive player who falls.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He is valuable to this franchise. I would tender the 2.1 or even see if he would take a multi-year deal, that would count less against the cap this year.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

He is on the same page with Dak. Before Dak went down, he was on pace for a 800 yard year.

He is a core special-teamer, he is not just a return guy. You don't find that very often out of a WR.

He backs up all three WR spots. If any of the big three go down, you still have a decent to good receiver to put in. That's very valuable for a team whose best chance for a playoff birth is to outscore their opponents.

I agree with the rest, but he wasn't on pace for 800. Only had 189 for the year, and Dak broke in game 5, after which Wilson had 163. More like a mid 500s pace.

king987

Reaction score
I like Cedric, but he's definitely a replacement talent. If they can bring him back at a cheap price, I wouldn't complain. Otherwise, his replacement could be found in the 4th or 5th round.