1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

CeeDee Lamb Targets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by youngjerryjones, Apr 6, 2022.

1. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

24,467 Messages
    24,555 Likes Received
    Get him some stickum for his birthday

Coogiguy03 likes this.
  2. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

18,556 Messages
    27,103 Likes Received
    You're so right. He will become a hero or zero this year. I don't think anyone on the team has more pressure on them currently. That doesn't include Zeke who is already gone or Dak, who has been paid.

Coogiguy03, NotForLong and CT Dal Fan like this.
  3. Jfconrow

Jfconrow Well-Known Member

1,069 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    If he doesn’t have over 100 targets next year sometime is wrong

Coogiguy03 likes this.
  4. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,254 Messages
    83,218 Likes Received
    You missed a lot of games making that kind of an assumption.

5. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    23,700 Messages
    21,808 Likes Received
    He has a lot to do with it
    Get open and the QB will throw it to you
    He did lead the team in targets so I don’t think he was forgot about. Throwing to who’s open seems like a logical approach to me

6. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

7,762 Messages
    11,250 Likes Received
    It seems like he took the 90s style offense then added a Boise State flair to it and has a penchant to abandon the run too easily.

Coogiguy03 likes this.
  7. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

11,673 Messages
    10,803 Likes Received
    Ceedee was 18th in the league in targets. 3 of the ones in front of him were rbs and 3 more were TEs. So he was the 12th most targeted wr in the NFL.

The "Qb" managed to be the ONLY qb in the NFL to have 3 players on his team with 100+ targets.

What is the exact issue you think we have here?

ondaedg likes this.
  8. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

47,655 Messages
    31,959 Likes Received
    Your forget the 5 game stretch at the beginning of the season we were steamrolling teams for 200 yards per game on the ground. Difference is the line went south and zeke was ineffective. Can’t feature a run game that sucks. We would get. Eh I’d and had to pass. Run game sucking was part of that.

Coogiguy03, youngjerryjones and G2 like this.
  9. buddahjoe445

buddahjoe445 Active Member

130 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Point was the QB controls who the ball goes to....open or not.

10. buddahjoe445

130 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    You would think that approach is best but defenses fooled Dak too often. The open receiver didnt get the ball thrown to him. Too often, it went to a check down or covered receiver.

11. buddahjoe445

130 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    The issue is Dak cant read coverage well. He throws to covered or wrong receiver too often. KM got blamed way more than he should have. Daks college scouting report was and still is accurate.

NotForLong and The Fonz like this.
  12. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    23,700 Messages
    21,808 Likes Received
    That is true and it’s also very common
    Dak is risk adverse but I personally don’t have an issue in most cases to playing it safe. There are times you take the risk but as long as you are moving the ball and in a game I don’t have an issue with just taking what’s given

13. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

28,281 Messages
    20,374 Likes Received
    too many drop 100% WRONG 4 total for last eyar that so far down list 3 poages deep where big name players have 9, worst narrative on this board is he drops too many,..,hes actually not even close to dropper.3.

.hes our leading wr from last year has solid YPC average and doesn't drop many balls . very below average in drops

lie say Chase at 9 many many many players at 7, 8. 9 etc etc

no the narrative around here is hes a pass dropper, hes not

im looking at that now..4 is on par with many wrs getting the targets he gets very little wrs drop NONE..go look at the list its ridiculous expecting to say he has to drop zero from 4..

Jamar chase 9
    K.allen 9

THIll the highest paid wr in the history of the NFL 6.

Justin Jefferson 6
    S Diggs 5

you see the issue her placing expectations on guy and then creating narrative around the zone, hes a pass dropper

hes not..sure nice if he caught them all or didn't drop and easy one because he was looking got the YAC and took his eyes off it

yes i remember those wanted to make big play but in the grand scheme of things hes not pass dropper..no ones perfect

the same those saying daks inaccurate is why our wrs drop more but yet they DO NOT drop more Daks drop rate is way low compared to many..its easy to look up.no qb who has a 66-70% comp rate can be called inaccurate, he not dead-on elite perfect thrower but not inaccurate.

try again.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    youngjerryjones likes this.
  14. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,383 Messages
    94,923 Likes Received
    Lol! You're the one trying.....look at all the effort you put just to disagree. I didn't try at all. Just my thoughts.....

15. Jimbo123

Jimbo123 Well-Known Member

475 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Lamb had 8 drops in 120 targets
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LambCe00.htm

16. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

26,147 Messages
    26,477 Likes Received
    One problem is drops. He had some drops on plays that would have been big plays.

But agree. If he is now taking Coopers spot. That’s huge shoes to fill. We have a Dak favorite in Gallop. But Cooper can break open a game or be somewhere else. We need another outside WR. Either Turner does it or CD. I always saw CD as a slot guy:

What we really need is the TE to be used.

17. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

28,281 Messages
    20,374 Likes Received
    those were stone cold facts with link to prove your statement was false narrative like most things here..jst blurting stuff out as fact when he had a bad drop or two yet he so far from player to be known as a dropper

hes not even in the conversation..
    try again

18. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,383 Messages
    94,923 Likes Received
    I'm not trying, you are.

19. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

20,599 Messages
    22,215 Likes Received
    And somehow we rolled with 2 injured RB the rest of the season and the front office was like: "Naw, we good."

20. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

2,597 Messages
    1,902 Likes Received
    Because other people were doing a better job scoring instead. Considering points were happening that seems like the obvious takeaway.